Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

We Are A Nation Filled With Animals ! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / We Are A Nation Filled With Animals ! (1069 Views)

Tanker Filled With Contraband Goods In Zamfara, Aprehended By Custom Officers / Pictures : Hotel Where People Pay To Have Sex With Animals / Hotel Where Human Pay To Have Sex With Animals Busted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are A Nation Filled With Animals ! by SweetT1: 3:43pm On Jun 01, 2007
I'm beginning to think that white people are right. Did anybody see the corpse of that guy that was killed in Ondo state yesterday. Our people are heartless ! I bet that guy has children. Why do we behave like bunch of apes and monkies. I'm so sick of the news from Nigeria. It's always bad.
Re: We Are A Nation Filled With Animals ! by azorjiu(m): 5:38pm On Jun 01, 2007
I'm wondering if it is ethical for Tribune to publish such a squeamish picture on their front page. It's a sight disgusting and horrifying to behold.
Re: We Are A Nation Filled With Animals ! by olutomiwa(m): 5:38pm On Jun 01, 2007
erin,inaki,obo,igala,opolo,ayan,aja,efon,olongbo,eku,and tolotolo grin
Re: We Are A Nation Filled With Animals ! by debosky(m): 5:40pm On Jun 01, 2007
bombs are not the only sings of breakdown of law and order - people get attacked on bridges 50 meters from police stations at night for hours and the police do nothing! armed robbery is rampant, touts,agberos and area boys harass innocent citizens without any intervention

two weeks ago, touts went and destroyed the radio transmitter in Oyo state because the announcement was not in favor of their 'godfather' those are glaring and worrisome signs of lawlessness.

even more worrying, just yesterday militants went into a well guarded estate and kidnapped the MD, COO and Secretary of the Eleme Petrochemical Plant in RIvers state. what more do you need to see before you are convinced we are in a state of breakdown of law and order?
Re: We Are A Nation Filled With Animals ! by sisimose(f): 5:44pm On Jun 01, 2007
i see your point sweet T
and although i hate the tone of your post i understand you feel that strongly about what was shown . Don't think it makes us animals and the white man is certainly not right in calling us that. it's just a different world. If you were still in Naija never been exposed you won't see anything wrong with what was published. our people like to gather and look, in those days when people get knocked down by oncoming traffic, you will find amebos running to look.
Saying that i am not excusing what was shown, but easy on your country folks, we ain't , aren't and never were animals
Re: We Are A Nation Filled With Animals ! by Mamajama(m): 5:49pm On Jun 01, 2007
Denial, we are a nation of Idiots, and we are starting and been acting like one. Have you ever seen such a disgusting pic of a murder on a national front page of a news paper MR UK?
Re: We Are A Nation Filled With Animals ! by Mamajama(m): 5:57pm On Jun 01, 2007
Look at this pic and tell me its morally justifiable for press to put this on the front page of national news paper?

Re: We Are A Nation Filled With Animals ! by sisimose(f): 6:00pm On Jun 01, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

Look at this pic and tell me its morally justifiable for press to put this on the front page of national news paper?
No it is not morally justifiable, neither are you to present it here just like the media did.

well it looks like you have now joined the people you point at. you didn't have to paste it. sorry you just as bad in my books.
Re: We Are A Nation Filled With Animals ! by Drusilla(f): 7:44pm On Jun 01, 2007
As one who lives in a country where there are at least 600 serial killers roaming at all times. What are we in America the epitome of civilization? Men are evil and crass every where.

We are so desensitized in America, a lot of movies now feed our serial killer appetite. Just killing one person ain't good enough for us any more.

Our 'animals' are sicker than your 'animals.' I got 5 on that. Anybody want to take a bet.
Re: We Are A Nation Filled With Animals ! by debosky(m): 7:50pm On Jun 01, 2007
is it now a competition

the truth is, even if we had 1,000 serial killers, the police is so inefficient, they would be ignorant of it. at least yours is only coming to you through movies. many nigerians have been scarred by horrible events of being woken up at odd hours of the night only to be staring down the barrel of a gun, maimed, robbed and raped all over the place, insecurity is quite rampant. There will always be misfits in society, when even decent people are forced to engage in dubious activities and give in to their base instincts, things get even worse.
Re: We Are A Nation Filled With Animals ! by Drusilla(f): 7:59pm On Jun 01, 2007
Debosky,

If you walk this way towards the West. You automatically set yourself up for the same alienations, pressures, squeezing, choking of the citizens. Your demise as any thing respectable will be done forever in a hypocritical and lying fashion. That's reality. Though we have pretty pretty trinkets to distract you from that reality.
Re: We Are A Nation Filled With Animals ! by debosky(m): 8:03pm On Jun 01, 2007
I disagree. In some areas things are no different in Nigeria or the US, but in basic security and value for human life, please don't get it wrong, the situation is very grave in Nigeria. that is what this thread stems from.
Re: We Are A Nation Filled With Animals ! by Drusilla(f): 8:18pm On Jun 01, 2007
Debosky,

I agee with you. If I was president of Nigeria every last police officer would be retired or retrained for other work. It's as if the Nigerian people are being held hostage in this government of nothing. What is it even worth to have government that can't offer some modicum of civility in a nation starting with those one should be able to look up to like police officers.

That's why I try not to be harsh on Africans running away from Africa. I can't say I would want to stay. I am too spoiled even in my Ghetto.

I want Nigerian people to be valued, just as others should be valued. I am scared though that Colonial leaders urshed in students who would take their same attitude and care about something other than Nigeria and Nigerians.

Nigerians inherited a system that does not and never did care about Nigerians. For a new system to come into being there would have to be some new fresh thinking.
Re: We Are A Nation Filled With Animals ! by Cristally(f): 9:32pm On Jun 01, 2007
wrong  shocked

animals are killing out of defense or hunger.
Humans are more worse than animals.
angry

See how small children are beaten, abused, attacked, kidnapped and killed in this my country.

This make me sick! cry (Not Nigeria)
Re: We Are A Nation Filled With Animals ! by Drusilla(f): 12:39am On Jun 02, 2007
Cristally,

LOL SMILE. Yeah, God has given us man is sure intent on destroying it. I don't think animals have done as bad as we, either. Smile.
Re: We Are A Nation Filled With Animals ! by sisimose(f): 10:47am On Jun 02, 2007
lol Dru you crazy grin
Re: We Are A Nation Filled With Animals ! by initiator(m): 12:09pm On Jun 02, 2007
To generalise Nigerians as animals is so reductionist. However due to poverty and general illiteracy our value on human life's damn low. Check out the number of dead bodies on lagos roads and how people drive by like its nothing. Our failure in civility is not that we are worse than other countries but that unlike other countries, we just dont convert our rage into action.
Re: We Are A Nation Filled With Animals ! by Drusilla(f): 2:41pm On Jun 02, 2007
initiator:

To generalise Nigerians as animals is so reductionist. However due to poverty and general illiteracy our value on human life's damn low. Check out the number of dead bodies on lagos roads and how people drive by like its nothing. Our failure in civility is not that we are worse than other countries but that unlike other countries, we just don't convert our rage into action.

To me somebody who can drive by dead bodies laying on the road doesn't seem to have anything to do with illiteracy and poverty.

The good samaritan story that Jesus told had to do with the well off walking by an injured person and refusing to dirty themselves helping the person.

Me, personally I believe that Nobody has ever cared about Nigerians or Nigeria. And that trickles down to the people and they act just like they have been taught to act.
Re: We Are A Nation Filled With Animals ! by DRANOEL(m): 7:33pm On Jun 14, 2007
animals in the south-west grin grin grin grin
Re: We Are A Nation Filled With Animals ! by Hero(m): 9:38pm On Jun 14, 2007
:d
Re: We Are A Nation Filled With Animals ! by Imani(f): 2:03am On Jun 17, 2007
Mamajama:

I really don't know what journalism code in Nigeria is but sometimes, the images shown in printed media are just shocking. I won't even get started on television images which can be equally disgusting. This particular image of the deceased is at least unsavory. Looks like there is no dignity for human life either in life or in death. No gory image can be in the interest of the public.

The same goes for showing alleged naked people who are alleged to have committed crimes. At least they should be "innocent" until proven "guilty" and not subjected to inhuman treatment and have their nude pictures published no matter the crime.
Re: We Are A Nation Filled With Animals ! by Hero(m): 4:42am On Jun 17, 2007
Another thing about Nigerian media is that they love to over dramatize stories. It almost as if they try to scare the public into a crazy mess over the most simplistic crap, in which here in the US wouldn't even get a second page mention. How is a slight change in the VAT resulting in a freeking 5 cent price hike in fuel worthy of the release of front page articles presenting the action as if damn nuclear bomb or something fell out the sky and blew up Abuja or something. cheesy
Re: We Are A Nation Filled With Animals ! by JustGood(m): 9:25am On Jun 18, 2007
Hero:

Another thing about Nigerian media is that they love to over dramatize stories. It almost as if they try to scare the public into a crazy mess over the most simplistic crap, in which here in the US wouldn't even get a second page mention. How is a slight change in the VAT resulting in a freeking 5 cent price hike in fuel worthy of the release of front page articles presenting the action as if damn nuclear bomb or something fell out the sky and blew up Abuja or something. cheesy

Since when did it become the duty of an American to tell Nigerians what should be important to them?

We do not need re-colonisation from Black Americans biko
Re: We Are A Nation Filled With Animals ! by Seun(m): 9:28am On Jun 18, 2007
How is a slight change in the VAT worthy of the release of front page articles
A 5 percent change in the VAT from 5% is not a minor issue at all. It's a 100% increase in what people pay.

(1) (Reply)

I Was Raped By Two White Woman / Nigerians Account For 90% Of Crime By Africans . / 70 Years Nigerian Arrested For Defiling Girl, 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.