Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,105 members, 7,953,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:07 PM

Nigerian Graphics Crap? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Nigerian Graphics Crap? (1591 Views)

Important Infromation For All Nigerian Graphics And Model Artist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Graphics Crap? by 50kobo: 3:44pm On Jun 01, 2007
why is it that the Printing quality in Nigeria is crap?  i think this makes the graphic design look bad.
Is it the ink we use?  or the printing machines/plates?  do they use offset?  lithography? flexogrpahy printing processes?   is there any good quality printing press in nigeria?

for example see this mr biggs bag,  it just looks so unappealing.

If you see any yellow color in a printed material in nigeria it just looks so awful, its kinda like dirty yellow,  and red looks to artifically red , i must say that MTN does have relatively 'good' printed stuff.

wat do you think?

Re: Nigerian Graphics Crap? by richylaw(m): 12:00pm On Jun 06, 2007
Lol, this is happening simply because the printing contractors tend to do a "50kobo job" so that there will be enough gains for themselves after settling those who have helped them to secure the contract.We do have quite a good number of printers and printing press with good output when a good negotiation is done in the right way!
Re: Nigerian Graphics Crap? by gidig(m): 10:55am On Jun 09, 2007
I have to agree with the last post. There are indeed a few good printing outfits in Naija. Most Agencies in Nigeria do their jobs here. What happens most times is that the contracts for some jobs are given to contarctors who know next to nothing about the printing they have recieved and so they end up with crap from some uninformed graphic artist in a business center!
Just a practical example; the magazine FOUR FOUR TWO is not shipped from SA in prints but printed i Nigeria even though the design is from SA. The quality is not compromised is any way!
Re: Nigerian Graphics Crap? by iice(f): 5:04pm On Jun 09, 2007
LMAO i agree with richylaw. It's the thing with all these contracts. By the time the pay off the 'connectors' and keep their own cut, there's not much left to be used on the contract itself!
Re: Nigerian Graphics Crap? by moondust(m): 3:30pm On Jun 28, 2007
compared with what we used to have during the 80's and early 90's I wouldn't say Nigeria is doin too badly in terms of graphics. But ur argument seems to dwell more on the printing of these graphic works.
I'd say that it all depends on the client's budget, because with the advent of DI printing facilities in the country, u can get world class printing done at surprising speed. The only problem is you'd have to part with good money to obtain that. not that good quality printing can't be done here

(1) (Reply)

Get Your Video & Animation Tutorials / 4 Great Apps For Taking Pictures / ....blank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.