Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,232 members, 7,836,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Nigerian Uber Driver Charged With Kidnapping(pic) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Uber Driver Charged With Kidnapping(pic) (998 Views)

Teacher, 26, Charged With Sexually Abusing 15-year-old Boy She Met In Church / Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York / Paul Gabriel Amos, Lamborghini Driver Charged With Money Laundering - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Uber Driver Charged With Kidnapping(pic) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 14, 2020
An Uber driver in Virginia has been charged after police say he attempted to chase down someone who hit his car -- without letting his passengers out.
Richmond Police have charged Olufemi S. Olomola, 38, with two counts of abduction, reckless driving, and felony hit and run. Olomola is in custody, according to police. It is unclear if he has retained an attorney.

On Monday night, John Murray and his wife, Tameka Swann, were looking forward to a rare date night when they used the Uber app to get a ride to dinner. That would be the end of the routine request they make all the time.

Murray says their driver, who he identified as Olomola, picked them up outside their home. A few blocks later, they were rear-ended by another driver.

"I thought we were just going to pull over and they would exchange information, but the other driver pulled around us and took off," he said. "I had no idea he was about to go fast and furious on us."

Murray began streaming live on Facebook when the initial accident happened. In the video, things are calm at first. Murray and Swann are discussing the accident, and their driver hands his phone to Swann to talk to 911. But then, they start speeding up.

"The driver won't let us out. He's trying to catch the guy because he hit us," Swann tells the dispatcher.

For the next four minutes, the video shows their driver run through red lights and stop signs while the couple pleads with the driver to stop.

"I got four kids I can't be riding like this -- you've got to let us out," Swann says.

"I can't let this guy go," their driver says.

About halfway through the ordeal, the video shows the driver running through another red light, appearing to narrowly miss a bicyclist when Murray begins yelling. Then, you can hear the impact as another car hits them.

Their driver took off again.

The 911 operator can be heard telling the driver to stop the chase.

"He kept going, he kept going. That was the scariest moment of my life," Swann told CNN affiliate WTVR.

Eventually, the driver stops and lets the couple out.

In a statement to CNN, Uber said "This driver's behavior is deeply concerning and his access to the app has been removed. We have been in contact with the rider and stand ready to support law enforcement on their investigation."

Murray says he and his wife were checked out by an ambulance and are still sore from the two accidents.

(c) cnn
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/uber-driver-charged-with-kidnapping-after-passengers-livestream-chase/ar-BBZWQU9?ocid=ientp

Re: Nigerian Uber Driver Charged With Kidnapping(pic) by Nobody: 2:39pm On Feb 14, 2020
see what stubbornness has caused this one now
Re: Nigerian Uber Driver Charged With Kidnapping(pic) by HallaDaTruth: 2:44pm On Feb 14, 2020
Afonja tongue , SMH
Re: Nigerian Uber Driver Charged With Kidnapping(pic) by Jabioro: 2:52pm On Feb 14, 2020
You thought you are at home where anything goes...
Re: Nigerian Uber Driver Charged With Kidnapping(pic) by budaatum: 2:54pm On Feb 14, 2020
HallaDaTruth:
Afonja tongue , SMH
Small brain you. Smh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Uber Driver Charged With Kidnapping(pic) by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 14, 2020
HallaDaTruth:
Afonja tongue , SMH
Regardless of where he is from...He is known 1st and foremost as a Nigerian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Uber Driver Charged With Kidnapping(pic) by HallaDaTruth: 3:08pm On Feb 14, 2020
budaatum:

Small brain you. Smh.
No brain you
Re: Nigerian Uber Driver Charged With Kidnapping(pic) by FatherBona: 3:17pm On Feb 14, 2020
Please submit his name for NCAN assessment grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Uber Driver Charged With Kidnapping(pic) by Oddsman(m): 3:50pm On Feb 14, 2020
When you forget you're not in lawless Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Uber Driver Charged With Kidnapping(pic) by 2shure: 10:58pm On Feb 14, 2020
When i travel. Chai i go miss naija o. He felt hez at lag. Dont blame hin. Even myself i go pursue am. Forget civil society say na yankee.i cant blame the afonja uber driver. Probably he was using a corolla and corolla na 1.8ltr .maybe he dey use corolla chase hit and run driver on benz.if not why not drop them off and continue the chase . Oya play me tetuila. U don hit my car. Oyinbo repeteh

(1) (Reply)

Just in: Stay At Home Enforcement Officials Shoots A Youth To Death In Aba / Man Fell & Beating The Stolen Goat He Took From The Lorry Hijacked By Hoodlums / Angry Nigerians Attacked Nigeria Ambassador To Australia (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.