Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,877 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

x - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / x (1704 Views)

Comprehensive List Of Animals In Igbo Language / Awareness On Ebola Virus Made In Igbo Language / The Superstition Of The Osu Cast System In Igbo Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

x by chukwudi01: 4:47pm On Dec 15, 2010
x
Re: x by bashr4: 1:05am On Dec 16, 2010
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d hilarious reminds me of my dog back in my parents house in 042
Re: x by ifyalways(f): 8:48am On Dec 16, 2010
Nkita ara . . . Best dog in town.
Ekuke nyem surugede . . . dance for me doggie.
Napu ndia okpa . . .chase doggie,chase and kill. cheesy
Re: x by excanny: 2:01pm On Dec 16, 2010
@post. You should have taught it igbo from the onset. It would have grown up to be a nice igbo dog. Old dogs cant learn new tricks goes the old saying. Anyway, you need patience and time, it might adapt. lol.
Re: x by InkedNerd(f): 5:37pm On Dec 16, 2010
lol this is a funny thread

Hi excanny. How ya been?
Re: x by chukwudi01: 10:51pm On Dec 16, 2010
excanny:

@post. You should have taught it igbo from the onset. It would have grown up to be a nice igbo dog. Old dogs cant learn new tricks goes the old saying. Anyway, you need patience and time, it might adapt. lol.
Check my post again. He already responds to some Igbo that I know. He'll adapt if I keep offering treats. grin

Anybody willing to translate the rest?
Re: x by InkedNerd(f): 11:27pm On Dec 16, 2010
I can say some, but I don't know how to write them.
Re: x by excanny: 11:56pm On Dec 16, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

lol this is a funny thread

Hi excanny. How ya been?

Hi, Inky. I couldn't be better. You? Is your dog Igbo?

@chukwudi01

Dude, never mind me. Was only joking.

Sit-Noruo (odo)

Lay down-Jaruo

Stay-Noji

Fetch-Ga weta

Shake hand-Naka

*My spellings are not 100% correct, I hope you get the gist*
Re: x by ChinenyeN(m): 12:16am On Dec 17, 2010
Excanny, where are you from, if you don't mind me asking?
Re: x by Idowuogbo(f): 12:20am On Dec 17, 2010
dis thread is jokes
@op can i borrow ur dog wen it understands (Napu ndia okpa . . .chase doggie,chase and kill.) grin grin grin
Re: x by InkedNerd(f): 12:34am On Dec 17, 2010
Idowuogbo:

dis thread is jokes
@op can i borrow your dog wen it understands (Napu ndia okpa     . . .chase doggie,chase and kill.) grin grin grin

Chineke!!! So this is what you teach nkita eh? grin

excanny:

Hi, Inky. I couldn't be better. You? Is your dog Igbo?

@chukwudi01

Dude, never mind me. Was only joking.

Sit-Noruo (odo)

Lay down-Jaruo

Stay-Noji

Fetch-Ga weta

Shake hand-Naka

*My spellings are not 100% correct, I hope you get the gist*

I'm good. Glad to see that all is well with you. I don't have a dog, but one of my uncles has one and it understands Igbo.

ChinenyeN:

Good question, I'm curious to know as well cheesy.

@everyone: Oya, make we join money to pay for Igbo lessons for nkita grin
Re: x by Idowuogbo(f): 1:03am On Dec 17, 2010
inky no i jus wanna borrow nkita to settle some scores hehehe , d igbo hearing dog would do it 4 me wen i wanna finish d germans grin grin grin
Re: x by excanny: 1:07am On Dec 17, 2010
ChinenyeN:

I thought you knew, ChinenyeN. A bu nwafor ngwa. My Igbo is average though. My old folks did a not-too-good job on me.

@Chukwudi01

The translations i gave were Ngwa variants. I guessed you should be speaking a southern Igbo dialect(Imo and Abia) from the examples you gave yourself which i felt would be closer to my dialect.
Re: x by InkedNerd(f): 1:24am On Dec 17, 2010
Idowuogbo:

inky no i jus wanna borrow nkita to settle some scores hehehe , d igbo  hearing dog would do it 4 me wen i wanna finish d germans  grin grin grin

lol, ok o. Make I borrow am when you finish.

excanny:

I thought you knew, ChinenyeN. A bu nwafor ngwa. My Igbo is average though. My old folks did a not-too-good job on me.

@Chukwudi01

The translations i gave were Ngwa variants. I guessed you should be speaking a southern Igbo dialect(Imo and Abia) from the examples you gave yourself which i felt would be closer to my dialect.

Excanny, sorry I don't want to seem nosy but I was wondering, do you live in Nigeria? If so, what part?
Re: x by ChinenyeN(m): 1:32am On Dec 17, 2010
I honestly had no idea, Excanny. In fact, the reason why I even asked was specifically because of your translations. That's when I figured it out, but I had to ask, for confirmation's sake, because I wouldn't like to just assume.
Re: x by ifyalways(f): 9:06am On Dec 17, 2010
Idowuogbo:

dis thread is jokes
@op can i borrow your dog wen it understands (Napu ndia okpa . . .chase doggie,chase and kill.) grin grin grin
Correct pesin .
excanny:

@Chukwudi01

The translations i gave were [b]Ngwa [/b]variants. I guessed you should be speaking a southern Igbo dialect(Imo and Abia) from the examples you gave yourself which i felt would be closer to my dialect.
Do u guys share a common boundary with Awo and Oguta?I could have sworn that u were either from Awo or Oguta judging from that reply undecided
Re: x by babyme1(f): 10:36am On Dec 17, 2010
Na wao. Teach the dog how to do business too.That way he will be a proper Igbo man dog
Re: x by excanny: 2:13pm On Dec 17, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

lol, ok o. Make I borrow am when you finish.

Excanny, sorry I don't want to seem nosy but I was wondering, do you live in Nigeria? If so, what part?

Yes, i live in Nigeria. In Abuja at the moment, but did most of growing up/schooling in Lagos. @post. I'll love to see translations from other clans too, to beat the ones given. I think they are quite short and one-word commands though.
Re: x by excanny: 2:18pm On Dec 17, 2010
baby.me:

Na wao. Teach the dog how to do business too.That way he will be a proper Igbo man dog
baby.me:

lol. igbo dogs are not poor. They have business skills too.
Re: x by Phate07(m): 5:13pm On Dec 17, 2010

Lol @translations. cheesy
Re: x by kokoye(m): 5:16pm On Dec 17, 2010
pls tranlate into a dog command

men are dogs

grin
Re: x by presido1: 5:33pm On Dec 17, 2010
chukwudi01:

I wanna teach my dog, Kusher, how to respond to commands in Igbo just for fun. He's already well-trained in English and can respond to the Igbo commands that I already know!

Here's a list:

Come! - Bia
Good dog! - Nkita oma

No! / Bad dog! - Mba
Heel! - Kwusi
Sit! - don't know what u mean by this
Down! - nodu odu
Stay! - noru ebe ahu
Fetch! - gaa weta
Let loose! / Give! - Nyem
Shake hands! - kwe m na aka
Go! - Ga
Re: x by InkedNerd(f): 6:07pm On Dec 17, 2010
lol @ baby.me and excanny grin

(1) (Reply)

Story Song Of Penda Yoro, Gimol Penda Yoro E Fulfulde / What Is The Meaning Of Ka In Kabiesi / Mansa Musa: The First Coon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.