Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,759 members, 7,809,925 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Is It A Crime To Post Adverts On Nairaland? {lets Talk} - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is It A Crime To Post Adverts On Nairaland? {lets Talk} (2089 Views)

"If It Is A Crime To Save Lives, Then We Are Guilty!" - Seun Osewa / It's Not A Crime To Be Ugly And We Ugly Girls Need Some Love! / How To Post Your Own Topic On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Is It A Crime To Post Adverts On Nairaland? {lets Talk} by Felixwins(m): 4:58pm On Dec 15, 2010
YES! I asked because my experience with nairaland these few days is annoying.
I am a member of this great forum. My username was "Fant" {for those who know me} but now i am what you saw at the beginnig of this post
i am not scared of declaring the bolded since i am just expressing myself and i don't care what the MODS thinks {no offense}.
To me, nairaland used to be a very borring site and i always hated it when Google referred me to the site.
However, one day i decided to give the site a trial and quess what!, i found it somewhat interesting.
Since then, i have strictly adhered to the forum's rules. But few days ago, i decided to post an advert for our company and was surprised to find that i was banned from the forum. In that notice, i was asked to prove my innocence by sending my username to antispam@nairaland.com which i immediately did.
The next day, i was unbanned.
But when i returned to the site a day after, i found that i was banned {this time with no cause}.

So, i want to know if there is any rule here restricting adverts. Or the MODS just wanted to infuriate me with their actions.
To my understanding, a good forum should be the choice of anyone who wants to create awareness and the awareness should be with no restrictions unless it is proved as being unproductive or perhaps suggesting fraud
I am however not a proud type. So, i am ready to eat the humble pie if it is proved that i was wrong. But if proved otherwise,
I WILL PREFER RESERVING MY COMMENT FOR NOW.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime To Post Adverts On Nairaland? {lets Talk} by temmytanny(m): 5:12pm On Dec 15, 2010
i fell into same too.wanted to paste the pricelist of thermocool products.its not something i could type cos its much so i decided to copy and paste but to my surprise,i was banned.
Re: Is It A Crime To Post Adverts On Nairaland? {lets Talk} by Thatdave(m): 6:00pm On Dec 15, 2010
Everyone has been banned at one point or the other.
Nairaland is crazy in one way or the other
I quit using nairaland at one point or the other
I just come to read news at one time or the other.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Post Adverts On Nairaland? {lets Talk} by metro10: 8:09pm On Dec 15, 2010
Are the MODs/Seun not saying anything?
Re: Is It A Crime To Post Adverts On Nairaland? {lets Talk} by hypenation: 3:06pm On Nov 04, 2012
Na wa o! Nairaland anyway i rest my case
Re: Is It A Crime To Post Adverts On Nairaland? {lets Talk} by lonamy: 7:40am On Nov 06, 2012
It is not a crime to post your ads on Nairaland. But I have come to realise, these days, that the best way to make your business known to the whole Nigeria and the world is to advertise through Nairaland. There are lots of things I began to see, as a result of Nairaland ads, that I never knew existed before.

Kudos to seun and his Nairaland team.

1 Like

(1)

Looking For Where To Buy Fitness Equipment In Port Harcourt / How To Send An Email On NL / Man Get Slammed After Refering To His Sister As 'down Syndrome' On Her Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.