Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,339 members, 7,860,842 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:12 PM

The Devil Unmasked.. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Devil Unmasked.. (713 Views)

Satan's Greatest Weapon For Destroying The Family & Church Today Unmasked / Why Do People Blame The Devil Or Others For Their Errors? / Church Members Flog The Devil With Canes In Church (Pics, Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Devil Unmasked.. by sonmvayina(m): 12:17pm On Feb 16, 2020
While growing up, I always cringe when I hear the word "devil" being mentioned. The many stories told of how he fell from heaven, and how he came to earth and ever since been a torn on the children of God. This has never sat well with me as I always wondered why a loving all knowing God will Create such a being to torment his children, it never made sense to me. So I set out on a quest to find this all evil being, if not for anything, but at least to hear his own side of the story. I was surprised to learn that the so called "ruler of darkness" is just the MOON. you can imagine how I felt, the fear built up over the years just disappeared in a twinkle of an eye... Is the moon evil? NO, is Darkness evil? NO.... we all spent the first 9 months of our lives in the darkness of our mothers womb. So this lead me to understand that light and darkness are NOT opposing forces, but complimentary as we need both to survive... So next time you hear the word "devil" do not fear, do not freight... Just know that it is nothing but the personification of darkness.... Knowledge is power..

Happy Sunday.
Re: The Devil Unmasked.. by sonmvayina(m): 7:03pm On Feb 16, 2020
He is known by many names.. Nanna, set, Esu, ekwensu... Etc.
Re: The Devil Unmasked.. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 16, 2020
God is light and in him is no darkness at all.

Jesus is the only way to be saved. Dont go to hell!

2 Likes

Re: The Devil Unmasked.. by MuttleyLaff: 8:52pm On Feb 16, 2020
Double post
Re: The Devil Unmasked.. by MuttleyLaff: 8:52pm On Feb 16, 2020
sonmvayina:
While growing up, I always cringe when I hear the word "devil" being mentioned. The many stories told of how he fell from heaven, and how he came to earth and ever since been a torn on the children of God. This has never sat well with me as I always wondered why a loving all knowing God will Create such a being to torment his children, it never made sense to me. So I set out on a quest to find this all evil being, if not for anything, but at least to hear his own side of the story. I was surprised to learn that the so called "ruler of darkness" is just the MOON. you can imagine how I felt, the fear built up over the years just disappeared in a twinkle of an eye... Is the moon evil? NO, is Darkness evil? NO.... we all spent the first 9 months of our lives in the darkness of our mothers womb.
All stars are born in the dark

sonmvayina:
So this lead me to understand that light and darkness are NOT opposing forces, but complimentary as we need both to survive...
Only in darkness can you see stars, lol.

The darkness that surrounds us, by itself cant hurt us. It is the darkness in the heart we should be attentive to or wary of. As humans, since the inception, we all got both light and dark inside of us, we really do have a light side and a dark side, but its up to us, the part we choose, to act on. Now what part we act on, defines us, reveals who we really are, but even if one starts out, on the dark side, it doesn't mean you have to continue the journey to the end, that way, lol.

sonmvayina:
So next time you hear the word "devil" do not fear, do not freight... Just know that it is nothing but the personification of darkness....
"And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.
(i.e. But I am not surprised! Even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.)
"
- 2 Corinthians 11:14

sonmvayina:
Knowledge is power..
At times when darkness does not show you light, you will never forget the person who came to you with a lit up candle in the dark. No amount of darkness can hide a spark of light, darkness dies in the light. Just as the light of a single candle can dispel the darkness of a thousand years, the moment we light a single candle of wisdom, no matter how long or deep our confusion, ignorance is dispelled

sonmvayina:
Happy Sunday.
Don't fear the darkness if you carry the light within. Light dispels darkness. Be the light. A candle never loses any of its light while lighting up another candle. Happy Sunday, lol.
Re: The Devil Unmasked.. by ichuka(m): 10:40pm On Feb 16, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

The darkness that surrounds us, by itself cant hurt us. It is the darkness in the heart we should be attentive to or wary of. As humans, since the inception, we all got both light and dark inside of us, we really do have a light side and a dark side, but its up to us, the part we choose, to act on. Now what part we act on, defines us, reveals who we really are, but even if one starts out, on the dark side, it doesn't mean you have to continue the journey to the end, that way, lol.

(i.e. But I am not surprised! Even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.)
"

At times when darkness does not show you light, you will never forget the person who came to you with a lit up candle in the dark. No amount of darkness can hide a spark of light, darkness dies in the light. Just as the light of a single candle can dispel the darkness of a thousand years, the moment we light a single candle of wisdom, no matter how long or deep our confusion, ignorance is dispelled

Don't fear the darkness if you carry the light within. Light dispels darkness. Be the light. A candle never loses any of its light while lighting up another candle. Happy Sunday, lol.
Happy Sunday bro longtime
Re: The Devil Unmasked.. by MuttleyLaff: 10:51pm On Feb 16, 2020
ichuka:
Happy Sunday bro longtime
Hi. You are always in my heart bro and I do see your brakelights now and then in the dark, lol

1 Like

Re: The Devil Unmasked.. by sonmvayina(m): 7:36am On Feb 17, 2020
solite3:
God is light and in him is no darkness at all.

Jesus is the only way to be saved. Dont go to hell!

Read Isaiah 45 :7
Re: The Devil Unmasked.. by sonmvayina(m): 10:10am On Feb 20, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

"

Do you think that there is anything God created that he can't control?
Re: The Devil Unmasked.. by MuttleyLaff: 10:29am On Feb 20, 2020
sonmvayina:
Do you think that there is anything God created that he can't control?
Nothing is beyond God's control, if God is bent on controlling whatever it might be.
Re: The Devil Unmasked.. by sonmvayina(m): 11:18am On Feb 20, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Nothing is beyond God's control, if God is bent on controlling whatever it might be.

What makes you think the devil is an exception?
Re: The Devil Unmasked.. by MuttleyLaff: 11:55am On Feb 20, 2020
sonmvayina:
What makes you think the devil is an exception
"“All right, do with him as you please,” the LORD said to Satan. “But spare his life.”
(i.e. Then the LORD told Satan, "Very well then, he is under your control. Just preserve his life.
"All right!" the LORD replied. ''Make Job suffer as much as you want, but just don't kill him.'')

-Job 2:6

The devil controls what the devil is allowed or permitted to control. In fact, the devil also, by hook or crook, will make attempts to grab power to control.

1 Like

Re: The Devil Unmasked.. by sonmvayina(m): 10:46pm On Mar 08, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
"“All right, do with him as you please,” the LORD said to Satan. “But spare his life.”
(i.e. Then the LORD told Satan, "Very well then, he is under your control. Just preserve his life.
"All right!" the LORD replied. ''Make Job suffer as much as you want, but just don't kill him.'')

-Job 2:6

The devil controls what the devil is allowed or permitted to control. In fact, the devil also, by hook or crook, will make attempts to grab power to control.

Grab power from where?.. From God?
Re: The Devil Unmasked.. by MuttleyLaff: 11:05pm On Mar 08, 2020
sonmvayina:
Grab power from where?.. From God?
"God has spoken plainly, and I have heard it many times: Power, O God, belongs to you;
(i.e. More than once I have heard God say that power belongs to him)
"
- Psalm 62:11

"And you shall remember the LORD your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth, ..."
- Deuteronomy 8:18a

All power comes and/or is obtained from God. God is always in the mathematical formulae and equation of power
Re: The Devil Unmasked.. by sonmvayina(m): 11:09pm On Mar 08, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
"God has spoken plainly, and I have heard it many times: Power, O God, belongs to you;
(i.e. More than once I have heard God say that power belongs to him)
"
- Psalm 62:11

"And you shall remember the LORD your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth, ..."
- Deuteronomy 8:18a

All power comes and/or is obtained from God. God is always in the mathematical formulae and equation of power

So where do you think the devil will look to grab power?
Re: The Devil Unmasked.. by MuttleyLaff: 11:31pm On Mar 08, 2020
sonmvayina:
So where do you think the devil will look to grab power?
Duh, I don't know. Is there a prize to be won for having the correct answer, lol? OK, the devil will look to grab power anywhere the devil thinks will find or have no resistance, lol.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Call For Arrest Of Imam Sani After He Led Friday Prayers In Jos / Help! How Can One Controlled Lust / Stress No More illuminati Can Make You Rich and Famous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.