Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,440 members, 7,850,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:36 AM

Everyone Who Has This Hope In Him Purifies Himself, Just As He Is Pure - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Everyone Who Has This Hope In Him Purifies Himself, Just As He Is Pure (590 Views)

How God Purifies The Lives Of His People ,and Teaches Them Obedience . / Seeing Jesus Purifies / Open Heaven Daily Devotional(tue. 07/11/2017) Seeing Jesus Purifies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everyone Who Has This Hope In Him Purifies Himself, Just As He Is Pure by Kei144(m): 3:01pm On Feb 16, 2020
1Jn. 3:2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.
1Jn. 3:3 Everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself, just as he is pure.

Hope for what? Hope that when he appears (for the rapture), we shall be like him. Hope that we shall partake in the rapture. Having this hope without purifying oneself is misguided hope--unrealizable hope. Therefore, the separation of children of God who will make the rapture from those who will not is determined by purity. It is the child of God who will purify himself/herself.

2 Likes

Re: Everyone Who Has This Hope In Him Purifies Himself, Just As He Is Pure by Righteousness89(m): 3:17pm On Feb 16, 2020
That's what keeps us going in this Wicked and sinful world..

The Hope of Eternal Life with Our LORD and Savior, JESUS CHRIST..

The Hope That Anytime soon, He that will come will come..

Praise The LORD

1 Like

Re: Everyone Who Has This Hope In Him Purifies Himself, Just As He Is Pure by Kei144(m): 3:42pm On Feb 16, 2020
Becoming like Him

2Ti. 2:20 In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for noble purposes and some for ignoble.
2Ti. 2:21 If a man cleanses himself from the latter, he will be an instrument for noble purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work.

The large house in the above-quoted passage of Scripture is the temple of God--the body of a son of God (Jn. 2:19-21; 1Co. 3:16; 1Co. 6:19). Articles in the house can include fruit of the Spirit (Ga. 5:22-23), as well as acts of the sinful nature (Ga. 5:19-21). When the house contains such mixed multitude, we have a situation of the knowledge of good and evil. But if the owner of the house cleanses the house of the acts of the sinful nature, the house becomes fit to host the fullness of the Spirit of God. The son of God becomes like Jesus.

It is up to the owner of the house to cleanse the house of ignoble.
Re: Everyone Who Has This Hope In Him Purifies Himself, Just As He Is Pure by hakeem4(m): 4:27pm On Feb 16, 2020
Righteousness89:
That's what keeps us going in this Wicked and sinful world..

The Hope of Eternal Life with Our LORD and Savior, JESUS CHRIST..

The Hope That Anytime soon, He that will come will come..

Praise The LORD

what if you die and you find out there is no after life
Re: Everyone Who Has This Hope In Him Purifies Himself, Just As He Is Pure by Kei144(m): 4:43pm On Feb 16, 2020
Cleansing the temple of God of the ignoble

Ex. 29:37 For seven days make atonement for the altar and consecrate it. Then the altar will be most holy, and whatever touches it will be holy.
Ex. 29:38 “This is what you are to offer on the altar regularly each day: two lambs a year old.
Ex. 29:39 Offer one in the morning and the other at twilight.
Ex. 29:40 With the first lamb offer a tenth of an ephah of fine flour mixed with a quarter of a hin of oil from pressed olives, and a quarter of a hin of wine as a drink offering.
Ex. 29:41 Sacrifice the other lamb at twilight with the same grain offering and its drink offering as in the morning — a pleasing aroma, an offering made to the LORD by fire.
Ex. 29:42 “For the generations to come this burnt offering is to be made regularly at the entrance to the Tent of Meeting before the LORD. There I will meet you and speak to you;
Ex. 29:43 there also I will meet with the Israelites, and the place will be consecrated by my glory.
Ex. 29:45 Then I will dwell among the Israelites and be their God.

He. 10:11 Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins.
He. 10:12 But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God.
He. 10:13 Since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool,
He. 10:14 because by one sacrifice he has made perfect for ever those who are being made holy.

He. 10:19 Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus,
He. 10:20 by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body,
He. 10:21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God,
He. 10:22 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.

First of all we need to look at the purification of God's temple in the Old Testament, as it will help us to understand the purification of God's temple in the New Testament. In the OT, the High Priest entered the Most Holy Place once a year and sprinkled the blood of a sacrificed lamb. Apart from the once-a-year trip into the Most Holy Place, a priest makes atonement for the altar and consecrates it, every morning and evening. This makes the altar holy and thereby attracts the continual presence of God.

In the NT, Jesus opened for us a new and living way of achieving the same objective as in the OT. The new way involves the replacement of physical sacrifice with word of faith. This is made possible by the fact that Jesus has offered for all time one sacrifice for sins. the one sacrifice has made perfect for ever those who are being made holy. The word of faith is basically a testimony to the finished work of Jesus. The new way is a living way because of the involvement of the Holy Spirit in effecting the word of faith.

In the NT, we draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts (the Most Holy Place) sprinkled with blood of Jesus to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies (the altar) washed with pure water.
Re: Everyone Who Has This Hope In Him Purifies Himself, Just As He Is Pure by Kei144(m): 4:46pm On Feb 16, 2020
RolandFitzpa:
Looking great work dear, I really appreciated to you on this quality work. Nice post!! these tips may help me for future.
Mary Arnold

You are blessed of God.
Re: Everyone Who Has This Hope In Him Purifies Himself, Just As He Is Pure by Kei144(m): 5:15pm On Feb 16, 2020
In 2013, I was lying on my bed one day and the following passage of Scripture came into my mind.

Mt. 12:28 But if I drive out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

I began to meditate on this word and then began to practice saying "I do so so and so by the Holy Spirit of God, in the name of Jesus". I experienced that my utterances did produced some noticeable effects. It was like a scientific study.

Not long after, the following passage of Scripture also came into my mind.

Jn. 6:53 Jesus said to them, “I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you."

I meditated on this word and began the practice of saying, "I drink the blood of Jesus. I eat the flesh of Jesus." I accompanied the word of faith with imagining that the blood and the the flesh of Jesus was entering into my mouth. I noticed in one dream that this drinking the blood of Jesus and eating the flesh of Jesus rattled some evil entities.

I continued with these spiritual exercises in 2013 and by December, if I placed my hand on any sick person and said, "I heal you of whatever that is troubling you by the Holy Spirit of God, in the name of Jesus Christ", the person got healed immediately. But then, my economy began to dwindle and I became so focused on many problems facing me that I began to lose my focus on spiritual matters. My ability to heal the sick began to go down.

My last post is an eye opener. What we need to do in order to attract fullness of the Spirit into our bodies is contained in He. 10:22. I am going to work on it.
Re: Everyone Who Has This Hope In Him Purifies Himself, Just As He Is Pure by Righteousness89(m): 6:02pm On Feb 16, 2020
hakeem4:

what if you die and you find out there is no after life

It's Better I believe there is Eternal and find out there is non that not to Believe and Find out there is..

You leave this Earth without JESUS, my brother it would have been better if u were not Born
Re: Everyone Who Has This Hope In Him Purifies Himself, Just As He Is Pure by hakeem4(m): 6:14pm On Feb 16, 2020
Righteousness89:

It's Better I believe there is Eternal and find out there is non that not to Believe and Find out there is..

You leave this Earth without JESUS, my brother it would have been better if u were not Born

Here comes the pascal wager again!
Re: Everyone Who Has This Hope In Him Purifies Himself, Just As He Is Pure by Righteousness89(m): 6:17pm On Feb 16, 2020
hakeem4:

Here comes the pascal wager again!
Let me be a pascal Wager and Have JESUS CHRIST..
Thank u sir..
Re: Everyone Who Has This Hope In Him Purifies Himself, Just As He Is Pure by Righteousness89(m): 6:24pm On Feb 16, 2020
Kei144:
In 2013, I was lying on my bed one day and the following passage of Scripture came into my mind.

Mt. 12:28 But if I drive out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

I began to meditate on this word and then began to practice saying "I do so so and so by the Holy Spirit of God, in the name of Jesus". I experienced that my utterances did produced some noticeable effects. It was like a scientific study.

Not long after, the following passage of Scripture also came into my mind.

Jn. 6:53 Jesus said to them, “I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you."

I meditated on this word and began the practice of saying, "I drink the blood of Jesus. I eat the flesh of Jesus." I accompanied the word of faith with imagining that the blood and the the flesh of Jesus was entering into my mouth. I noticed in one dream that this drinking the blood of Jesus and eating the flesh of Jesus rattled some evil entities.

I continued with these spiritual exercises in 2013 and by December, if I placed my hand on any sick person and said, "I heal you of whatever that is troubling you by the Holy Spirit of God, in the name of Jesus Christ", the person got healed immediately. But then, my economy began to dwindle and I became so focused on many problems facing me that I began to lose my focus on spiritual matters. My ability to heal the sick began to go down.

My last post is an eye opener. What we need to do in order to attract fullness of the Spirit into our bodies is contained in He. 10:22. I am going to work on it.

Speaking it with the Mouth is good. But Eating the Flesh and Drinking the blood of JESUS Christ does not end in just saying it.

Eating and Drinking the Flesh and Blood of JESUS Christ hearing the Word of GOD , practicing it i.e. Being a doer of the Word.

More importantly it is Holding on to JESUS, No matter what.. no matter how we feel or what we have..

It entails Giving out your Spirit, Soul and body for JESUS and His Assignment.. irrespective of whatever
Re: Everyone Who Has This Hope In Him Purifies Himself, Just As He Is Pure by Kei144(m): 5:48am On Feb 18, 2020
Righteousness89:

Speaking it with the Mouth is good. But Eating the Flesh and Drinking the blood of JESUS Christ does not end in just saying it.

Eating and Drinking the Flesh and Blood of JESUS Christ hearing the Word of GOD , practicing it i.e. Being a doer of the Word.

More importantly it is Holding on to JESUS, No matter what.. no matter how we feel or what we have..

It entails Giving out your Spirit, Soul and body for JESUS and His Assignment.. irrespective of whatever

It is so easy to theorize on these issues, but the implementation is quite a different thing.

Ro. 7:15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Ro. 7:16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good.
Ro. 7:17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me.
Ro. 7:18 I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.
Ro. 7:19 For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do — this I keep on doing.
Ro. 7:20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
Ro. 7:21 So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me.
Ro. 7:22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law;
Ro. 7:23 but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members.
Ro. 7:24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?

Who or what can rescue a child of God from the problem of "When I want to do good, evil is right there with me"?

Re. 12:11 They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony.

Try the following prayer every morning and evening, continually, and see how your life will change.

In the mighty name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I sprinkle all my inward and outward parts with the blood of Jesus through the Holy Spirit of God. I wash away from me every unrighteousness, every evil desire and every evil inclination, by the blood of Jesus, through the Holy Spirit. In the name of Jesus Christ!

As you say the prayer use your imagination to visualize the sprinkling and washing of all your inward and outward parts. That is faith: calling the things that are not as though they were (Ro. 4:17).

(1) (Reply)

$1,000 Covid-19 Offer. Apostle Suleman Vs Leo Igwe Challenge Accepted / Is There A Difference Between Rapture And Second Coming Of Jesus / How To Deal With Spiritual Husband- One Of The Reasons Behind Divorces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.