Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,452 members, 7,850,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:38 AM

Bloomberg Has Spent $1 Million A Day On Facebook Ads In Past Two Weeks - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Bloomberg Has Spent $1 Million A Day On Facebook Ads In Past Two Weeks (960 Views)

King Charles' First Full Day On The Throne (Pictures) / Here are the weapons and how much US Has Spent So Far In Ukraine's War / How Donald Trump Lost America - Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bloomberg Has Spent $1 Million A Day On Facebook Ads In Past Two Weeks by webme(m): 5:04pm On Feb 16, 2020
Mike Bloomberg has recently outpaced President Trump on social media advertising in the 2020 campaign cycle by averaging more than $1 million a day on Facebook ads.

As of Monday, the former New York City mayor had spent $31 million on Facebook and Instagram ads since Jan. 1, according to Facebook ad data. Trump spent $5.64 million during that same period.

Bloomberg's average of more than $1 million day on Facebook ads over the past two weeks was five times the amount the Trump campaign spent.

The Questions Is;

Can Nigeria Politician Spend that much Advertising themselves on social media
What will be the benefits?
And is the Result More Than all these Physical Campaign?
Re: Bloomberg Has Spent $1 Million A Day On Facebook Ads In Past Two Weeks by Kingosytex(m): 5:07pm On Feb 16, 2020
Even if Mike Bloomberg spends his way to bankruptcy, the chances of him defeating Trump is very very slim.

6 Likes

Re: Bloomberg Has Spent $1 Million A Day On Facebook Ads In Past Two Weeks by Lebrai: 5:08pm On Feb 16, 2020
and the dude is not fighting for mandate with in the first four state
he's just waiting for the big states to win primaries and be the guy to take on Trump

I don't think he stands a chance
even Sanders, and buttigieg don't or Biden and Warren

Trump is currently more popular than the Democratic party. ಡ ͜ ʖ ಡ

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bloomberg Has Spent $1 Million A Day On Facebook Ads In Past Two Weeks by budaatum: 5:10pm On Feb 16, 2020
webme:

The Questions Is;

Can Nigeria Politician Spend that much Advertising themselves on social media
What will be the benefits?
And is the Result More Than all these Physical Campaign?
You must think politicians are stupid that they don't first consider their returns!

Why should a Nigeria politician spend so much when they can give lazy fuqs half litre kerosene and a small loaf of bread and make fantastic miraculous promises and you'd vote for them?

3 Likes

Re: Bloomberg Has Spent $1 Million A Day On Facebook Ads In Past Two Weeks by webme(m): 5:13pm On Feb 16, 2020
Kingosytex:
Even if Mike Bloomberg spends his way to bankruptcy, the chances of him defeating Trump is very very slim.

And the funny thing is his net worth is estimated at $61 billion, according to Forbes.

2 Likes

Re: Bloomberg Has Spent $1 Million A Day On Facebook Ads In Past Two Weeks by webme(m): 5:19pm On Feb 16, 2020
budaatum:

You must think politicians are stupid that they don't first consider their returns!

Why should a Nigeria politician spend so much when they can give lazy fuqs half litre kerosene and a small loaf of bread and make fantastic miraculous promises and you'd vote for them?

Bro.... Do you believe we are coming to that level in Nigeria where Politician will focus more on reaching their audience on social media than the physical campaign?

The problem is; many of them are not perfuming, is it not what you do in your community that you will update on social media for your followers to see? Someone who was in National Assembly for 4 years and his street Transformer was having problem for two years he can't do anything about it. Can such come to social media and update people that they are having 24/7 light in his community?

The truth is; many of them are doing nothing.
Re: Bloomberg Has Spent $1 Million A Day On Facebook Ads In Past Two Weeks by budaatum: 5:30pm On Feb 16, 2020
webme:

Bro.... Do you believe we are coming to that level in Nigeria where Politician will focus more on reaching their audience on social media than the physical campaign?
I think your question is misguided. Why should a politician focus on what the electorate is not focusing on? Why should I spend millions on social media when I can spend thousands on kerosene and bread and get the result I want?

A politician is not the stupid individual you are thinking they are. They will invest the least for the most gain. Trust me when I say Bloomberg intends to gain a lot if his gamble pays off. Just you go ask Trump.

I strongly suggest you the electorate upgrade from kerosene and bread to transformer if you want me to perform better than kerosene and bread, instead of thinking I am stupid for getting what I want by giving you the kerosene and bread you currently deserve.

1 Like

Re: Bloomberg Has Spent $1 Million A Day On Facebook Ads In Past Two Weeks by valarmorghulis: 6:13pm On Feb 16, 2020
The man is a racist, this man ordered police to stop and search black people when he was mayor of New York
Re: Bloomberg Has Spent $1 Million A Day On Facebook Ads In Past Two Weeks by webme(m): 6:40pm On Feb 16, 2020
budaatum:

I think your question is misguided. Why should a politician focus on what the electorate is not focusing on? Why should I spend millions on social media when I can spend thousands on kerosene and bread and get the result I want?

A politician is not the stupid individual you are thinking they are. They will invest the least for the most gain. Trust me when I say Bloomberg intends to gain a lot if his gamble pays off. Just you go ask Trump.

I strongly suggest you the electorate upgrade from kerosene and bread to transformer if you want me to perform better than kerosene and bread, instead of thinking I am stupid for getting what I want by giving you the kerosene and bread you currently deserve.

Do you know there are some politician who used social media massively during last election?
In fact some where distributing money to their followers on social media.

And I was with a friend who was following a particular politician on social media, the guy came from UK to come and vote for him. They never had an encounter, the man was only updating his followers on social media and bcoz there were good respond from his followers my guy love him and he came from UK to vote for him that he will change their community.

I know this is Nigeria and 90% of these people are not there bcoz of the interest of people but because of themselves.

If they have people interest they won't be sharing one cup of rice to beg people to vite for them, they won't be going to people's house to give them #500.

Until we, I mean we, we stop expecting #500 from these people they will never stop playing us.

There is nothing wrong in me declaring my intension on social media that am going for Senator, build my presence on social media, and do some physical campaign.

But what will make people trust me? My past work, how many people have I raised in my community, how many people got employed through me, I was the chairman what did I do?

Because I didn't have good record I will not have choice than to go and buy vote buy giving people rice, maggi etc because I want to get to that position to get more money.

1 Like

Re: Bloomberg Has Spent $1 Million A Day On Facebook Ads In Past Two Weeks by budaatum: 7:03pm On Feb 16, 2020
webme:

Do you know there are some politician who used social media massively during last election?
Really? There are politicians that use social media? You must be being funny!

Did you not hear of the Buhari Media C during the last election? Or do you just think we were not effective?

Me, I'm not that naive. You, specifically, may not be running for any office, but the mere fact that you are here taking politics with me makes you a politician. So please, when the next election time is approaching, remember that "90% of these people are not there bcoz of the interest of people but because of themselves", and focus on their "past work, how many people have I raised in my community, how many people got employed through me, I was the chairman what did I do".

It is only then that we will be exercising our democratic powers to ensure we get the leadership we want instead of the kerosene and bread ones we currently elect then wail after electing them as if we were stupid and blind when we were collecting bread and kerosene for our votes that elected them.
Re: Bloomberg Has Spent $1 Million A Day On Facebook Ads In Past Two Weeks by webme(m): 8:06pm On Feb 16, 2020
budaatum:

Really? There are politicians that use social media? You must be being funny!

Did you not hear of the Buhari Media C during the last election? Or do you just think we were not effective?

Me, I'm not that naive. You, specifically, may not be running for any office, but the mere fact that you are here taking politics with me makes you a politician. So please, when the next election time is approaching, remember that "90% of these people are not there bcoz of the interest of people but because of themselves", and focus on their "past work, how many people have I raised in my community, how many people got employed through me, I was the chairman what did I do".

It is only then that we will be exercising our democratic powers to ensure we get the leadership we want instead of the kerosene and bread ones we currently elect then wail after electing them as if we were stupid and blind when we were collecting bread and kerosene for our votes that elected them.

Hmmmm
Re: Bloomberg Has Spent $1 Million A Day On Facebook Ads In Past Two Weeks by SenecaTheYonger: 11:40pm On Feb 16, 2020
I wish there was a way I could benefit from Bloombergs cash. Dude has budgeted $400 million plus for this election - most of the money going towards adverts and memes.
Re: Bloomberg Has Spent $1 Million A Day On Facebook Ads In Past Two Weeks by webme(m): 11:16am On Feb 17, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:
I wish there was a way I could benefit from Bloombergs cash. Dude has budgeted $400 million plus for this election - most of the money going towards adverts and memes.

Seriously....
If you can't benefit from his own money you can start building yourself on how to run and manage a successful Facebook and Instagram ad to attract Nigerian Politician who is coming there tomorrow. In fact most of them are doing it already

1 Like

Re: Bloomberg Has Spent $1 Million A Day On Facebook Ads In Past Two Weeks by Nostradamus: 12:06pm On Feb 17, 2020
No wonder that boy,mark keep getting richer.
Re: Bloomberg Has Spent $1 Million A Day On Facebook Ads In Past Two Weeks by webme(m): 5:46pm On Feb 17, 2020
Nostradamus:
No wonder that boy,mark keep getting richer.

Abi nau
Re: Bloomberg Has Spent $1 Million A Day On Facebook Ads In Past Two Weeks by budaatum: 12:58pm On Feb 18, 2020

Re: Bloomberg Has Spent $1 Million A Day On Facebook Ads In Past Two Weeks by budaatum: 1:08pm On Feb 18, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:
Campaign for Bloomberg effectively and Bloomberg will give you Bloomberg's cash. He's a politician and they are smart like that. You have a niche too, a Nigerians Vote For Bloomberg niche, which, considering how many of us are American voters, is worth a dime or two if not millions

And do note that the "Bloomberg" I refer to above is any politician anywhere at all. They are always after effective campaigners, hence the "smart" above.

Re: Bloomberg Has Spent $1 Million A Day On Facebook Ads In Past Two Weeks by webme(m): 2:57pm On Feb 18, 2020
Re: Bloomberg Has Spent $1 Million A Day On Facebook Ads In Past Two Weeks by budaatum: 3:11pm On Feb 18, 2020
webme:

That man is coming back with full force
Lol.
Re: Bloomberg Has Spent $1 Million A Day On Facebook Ads In Past Two Weeks by webme(m): 9:49pm On Feb 18, 2020
budaatum:

Lol.
He is doing underground work now and by the time he comes back hmmmm....
Re: Bloomberg Has Spent $1 Million A Day On Facebook Ads In Past Two Weeks by Nobody: 6:35am On Feb 19, 2020
Mark just keep getting richer and richer.
Re: Bloomberg Has Spent $1 Million A Day On Facebook Ads In Past Two Weeks by webme(m): 11:08am On Feb 19, 2020
NLReposter:
Mark just keep getting richer and richer.

With Millions of dollars spent everyday on ads shocked
Re: Bloomberg Has Spent $1 Million A Day On Facebook Ads In Past Two Weeks by budaatum: 5:12pm On Feb 21, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:
https://www.newsweek.com/michael-bloomberg-2020-election-pays-social-media-users-advertising-text-social-media-1488213

Re: Bloomberg Has Spent $1 Million A Day On Facebook Ads In Past Two Weeks by webme(m): 7:46pm On Feb 23, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Lebanon Is Hit By ANOTHER Explosion / Trump Lawyers Says Witnesses And Evidence Prove A Stolen Election / RAF Globemaster C-17 Carrying Queen Elizabeth Landed In London (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.