Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,012 members, 7,828,558 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Kanye West Reveals Hollywood Contracts Bans Artists From Mentioning ‘Jesus’ - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kanye West Reveals Hollywood Contracts Bans Artists From Mentioning ‘Jesus’ (2537 Views)

'Celebrate Me': Timaya Confronts Patoranking For Not Mentioning Him As Big Name / Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King / Nina Slams Alex For Mentioning Her Name While Addressing A Troll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kanye West Reveals Hollywood Contracts Bans Artists From Mentioning ‘Jesus’ by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:25pm On Feb 17, 2020
Kanye West Reveals Hollywood Contracts Bans Artists From Mentioning ‘Jesus’
"God using us to show off, to show God is better than the devil..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_G53wOXzS4

Kanye West Sunday Service

The shocking revelation happened on his recent Sunday service at Bayfront Park in Miami right before the Super Bowl. At this particular Sunday service, several hip-hop artists were in attendance, including Fat Joe, N.O.R.E. and Quavo. Kanye said to those artists that God is using them to show that the devil has no power against Him.

“God using us to show off, to show God is better than the devil,” Kanye said to the audience, particularly his co-artists. “The devil took all the producers, the musicians, the designers. He moved us all out to Hollywood, moved us all out to New York. Chasing gold statues. Literally signing a contract and selling our souls.”

Hollywood Contracts

The “Jesus is King” artist then revealed that there are some record labels contracts that prohibit artists from saying the name of Jesus. He also added that while his first Christian album was being made, artists visited their studio just to say the name of Jesus.

“They got contracts out there that say, ‘you can’t say Jesus.’ When we were working on this album, people were coming to the studio just to say ‘Jesus’ as loud as they wanted to. You can say Jesus in ‘Ye studio,” he revealed.

Christian Rapper Bizzle

Christian rapper Bizzle made a post on Instagram with lyrics from his song “Lit Lit” to show support for Kanye’s statements.

“I told’em I am not for sale and won’t promote evil / they told me I can give you murder, but no JESUS / the devil’s in this game are handpicking yo leaders / that’s why you get 100 dope boys and no preachers,” Bizzle wrote in his caption.

Platform for God
In October last year, when Kanye fully surrendered his life to Jesus, he decided to end his hip-hop career and bring glory to Jesus. His pastor Adam Tyson encouraged him to keep on rapping and use his talents for the Lord.

“One time, he told me that he wasn’t going to rap,” Pastor Adam said in an interview. “I said, ‘Why not?’ He said, ‘That’s the devil’s music.’ I said, ‘Hey, man. Rap is a genre. You can rap for God.’ I think he was already thinking about it a little bit, but I definitely said, ‘Hey, bro, I think you need to use your talents that God’s given you and use that platform for God.'”

https://godtv.com/hollywood-contracts-bans-jesus/?fbclid=IwAR2J2uBHTxlqx1gzs87L6Exd6hOuS957TaXissKf4gJuLfxTadYgLhem1r4

Re: Kanye West Reveals Hollywood Contracts Bans Artists From Mentioning ‘Jesus’ by Ajsimon(m): 5:36pm On Feb 17, 2020
Americans tueeeh

1 Like

Re: Kanye West Reveals Hollywood Contracts Bans Artists From Mentioning ‘Jesus’ by donbachi(m): 5:36pm On Feb 17, 2020
Entertainment industry...last level of satanism.
Re: Kanye West Reveals Hollywood Contracts Bans Artists From Mentioning ‘Jesus’ by tompat86(m): 5:42pm On Feb 17, 2020
Na wa oooo
Re: Kanye West Reveals Hollywood Contracts Bans Artists From Mentioning ‘Jesus’ by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:56pm On Feb 17, 2020
Ajsimon:

Americans tueeeh

Do Nigerian secular artists mention 'Jesus'?
Re: Kanye West Reveals Hollywood Contracts Bans Artists From Mentioning ‘Jesus’ by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:12pm On Feb 18, 2020
donbachi:

Entertainment industry...last level of satanism.

Secular or gospel? undecided
Re: Kanye West Reveals Hollywood Contracts Bans Artists From Mentioning ‘Jesus’ by donbachi(m): 6:20pm On Feb 18, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Secular or gospel? undecided
secular
Re: Kanye West Reveals Hollywood Contracts Bans Artists From Mentioning ‘Jesus’ by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:26pm On Feb 18, 2020
donbachi:

secular

We praise God that Kanye is now free. He no longer sings secular again its now gospel from now on. cheesy
Re: Kanye West Reveals Hollywood Contracts Bans Artists From Mentioning ‘Jesus’ by donbachi(m): 6:35pm On Feb 18, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

We praise God that Kanye is now free. He no longer sings secular again its now gospel from now on. cheesy
he finally found peace
Re: Kanye West Reveals Hollywood Contracts Bans Artists From Mentioning ‘Jesus’ by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:40pm On Feb 18, 2020
donbachi:

he finally found peace

Praise the Lord that he and other artists can now call on the name of Jesus without being censored. cheesy
Re: Kanye West Reveals Hollywood Contracts Bans Artists From Mentioning ‘Jesus’ by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:09pm On Feb 19, 2020
tompat86:

Na wa oooo

Are you surprised?
Re: Kanye West Reveals Hollywood Contracts Bans Artists From Mentioning ‘Jesus’ by tartar9(m): 8:10pm On Feb 19, 2020
If they mention Jesus alongside words like p*ssy, you'll be the ones to fuss about how your faith is being disrespected.

1 Like

Re: Kanye West Reveals Hollywood Contracts Bans Artists From Mentioning ‘Jesus’ by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:14pm On Feb 19, 2020
tartar9:

If they mention Jesus alongside words like p*ssy, you'll be the ones to banter about how your faith is being disrespected.

It is a pity that many folks only know it as a swear word. undecided
Re: Kanye West Reveals Hollywood Contracts Bans Artists From Mentioning ‘Jesus’ by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:30pm On Aug 04, 2020

Re: Kanye West Reveals Hollywood Contracts Bans Artists From Mentioning ‘Jesus’ by fati2001(m): 7:48pm On Aug 04, 2020
no be new thing nah.
Re: Kanye West Reveals Hollywood Contracts Bans Artists From Mentioning ‘Jesus’ by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:47am On Sep 13, 2020
fati2001:

no be new thing nah.

Are artistes aware of this fact before signing their contracts? undecided
Re: Kanye West Reveals Hollywood Contracts Bans Artists From Mentioning ‘Jesus’ by fati2001(m): 12:02pm On Sep 13, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Are artistes aware of this fact before signing their contracts? undecided
why not, but most are force by their lable, manager and some of entertainment personnelz.
Re: Kanye West Reveals Hollywood Contracts Bans Artists From Mentioning ‘Jesus’ by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:15pm On Sep 13, 2020
fati2001:

why not, but most are force by their lable, manager and some of entertainment personnelz.

Do you know why they make such demands? undecided
Re: Kanye West Reveals Hollywood Contracts Bans Artists From Mentioning ‘Jesus’ by fati2001(m): 8:23pm On Sep 13, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Do you know why they make such demands? undecided
artist =fame, fortunes, promotions money and worldly things. headie(top bosses) = enslaved you, control your life, tell what to and so on devil =your soul is enough.
Re: Kanye West Reveals Hollywood Contracts Bans Artists From Mentioning ‘Jesus’ by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:33pm On Sep 13, 2020
fati2001:

artist =fame, fortunes, promotions money and worldly things.
headie(top bosses) = enslaved you, control your life, tell what to and so on
devil =your soul is enough.

It will take genuine conversion to Christ for them to be free from such covenants I suppose. undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Stella Damasus Daughter Makes Acting Debut / E-cigarette Swag | The $887,000 Diamond / Mavins' Reekado Banks Shares romantic Photo With City 101.5fm's Kemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.