Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

See Beyond Gender. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / See Beyond Gender. (1707 Views)

Gender, Sexuality And Biology / Gender Equality: More Women Paying Child Support, alimony to their ex spouses / Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Beyond Gender. by Mariangeles(f): 6:11pm On Feb 17, 2020
Most times, when issues regarding people and relationships are discussed on this forum, the first thing that comes to the mind of most people here is to look at things from a gender point of view, rather than looking at it objectively.
It has gotten to a sad point to be about gender wars: males versus females, who wins and who loses.

There are some comments that'll have you thinking "does this person not have a father or a brother?" Or "where did this one come from if not through a woman?" "Does he even know the meaning of sister(s), aside having them?"

Men using demeaning words to refer to women has become the order of the day here.
Before I got to know about nairaland, a hoe was just a farm tool, now we all know it means something different on this forum.
Even the word "farm tool" is not left out.

We should be careful not to allow our minds be clouded or our sense of judgement be blinded by the difference in gender.
We should endeavour to always look at issues objectively.

Before you type that comment, think of your fathers or mothers or brothers or sisters...imagine them in the situation.
No lady in her right mind would ever want her own brother to be mistreated by another lady (Lord knows I'll never sit back and allow any female mistreat or disrespect any of my brothers) , same as no guy would want another guy to mess with their sister.

Let us learn to see beyond ourselves, beyond our gender.
Let us learn to be more compassionate to humanity at large

Regardless of our gender, let us not lose our sense of humanity, because at the end of the day, we're humans first before gender.

Please pardon any mistakes.
I am not a professional writer.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Beyond Gender. by healthserve(m): 6:16pm On Feb 17, 2020
Okay Mummy.

Where's Blu03
Re: See Beyond Gender. by KevinDein: 6:32pm On Feb 17, 2020
Too late. We are all in the mud now. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Beyond Gender. by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:34pm On Feb 17, 2020
Mariangeles:

Most times, when issues regarding people and relationships are discussed on this forum, the first thing that comes to the mind of most people here is to look at things from a gender point of view, rather than looking at it objectively.
It has gotten to a sad point to be about gender wars: males versus females, who wins and who loses.

1st MISCONCEPTION
as human beings, we all look at issues from a gender point of view... the fact that you would expect us to forget who we are before we answer a question, is funny.
the reality is that whether a man/woman, answers would be completely different, depending on the issue.

There are some comments that'll have you thinking "does this person not have a father or a brother?" Or "where did this one come from if not through a woman?" "Does he even know the meaning of sister(s), aside having them?"

2nd MISCONCEPTION
the fact that we have a father/mother etc is irrelevant to any issues and shouldnt be a reason to have a different point of view. if a bastard father rapes his child, the fact that i have a father wont change the fact that he should be KILLED asap!

Men using demeaning words to refer to women has become the order of the day here.
Before I got to know about nairaland, a hoe was just a farm tool, now we all know it means something different on this forum.

3rd MISCONCEPTION
how should we call them loose women then, if not for what they are?!

We should be careful not to allow our minds be clouded or sense of judgement be blinded by the difference in gender.

4th MISCONCEPTION
aint we objective when we call a spade A SPADE? what else do you think we should do?

Before you type that comment, think of your fathers or mothers or brothers or sisters...imagine them in the situation.
No lady in her right mind would ever want her own brother to be mistreated by another lady (Lord knows I'll never sit back and allow any female mistreat or disrespect any of my brothers) , same as no guy would want another guy to mess with their sister.

5th MISCONCEPTION
the above is ARRANT RUBBISH...you expect us to have sympathy for these issue, because of family members... instead of using our brains to judge an issue. i guess because i have a mother/sister, i shouldnt look at these oloshos gladlyflaunting their nuddity and calling them for what they are, abi (because i have a mother/sister)?

Regardless of our gender, let us not lose our sense of humanity, because at the end of the day, we're humans first before gender.

FINAL MISCONCEPTION
you seem to believe that people shouldnt be real and honest about life? thats what makes us better humans... not the other way around trying to makes us robots with no minds of our own.

4 Likes

Re: See Beyond Gender. by Mariangeles(f): 6:44pm On Feb 17, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

1st MISCONCEPTION
as human beings, we all look at issues from a gender point of view... the fact that you would expect us to forget who we are before we answer a question, is funny.
the reality is that whether a man/woman, answers would be completely different, depending on the issue.

2nd MISCONCEPTION
the fact that we have a father/mother etc is irrelevant to any issues and shouldnt be a reason to have a different point of view. if a bastard father rapes his child, the fact that i have a father wont change the fact that he should be KILLED asap!

3rd MISCONCEPTION

4th MISCONCEPTION
aint we objective when we call a spade A SPADE? what else do you think we should do?

5th MISCONCEPTION
the above is ARRANT RUBBISH...you expect us to have sympathy for these issue, because of family members... instead of using our brains to judge an issue. i guess because i have a mother/sister, i shouldnt look at these oloshos gladlyflaunting their nuddity and calling them for what they are, abi (because i have a mother/sister)?

FINAL MISCONCEPTION
you seem to believe that people shouldnt be real and honest about life? thats what makes us better humans... not the other way around trying to makes us robots with no minds of our own.

You totally missed the whole point.

8 Likes

Re: See Beyond Gender. by cococandy(f): 6:49pm On Feb 17, 2020
You’re sweet Mari. But.. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: See Beyond Gender. by Fragility6: 6:51pm On Feb 17, 2020
KevinDein:
Too late. We are all in the mud now. cheesy
E dey wrong to dey generalize evrybdy under diz category
Re: See Beyond Gender. by Mariangeles(f): 6:59pm On Feb 17, 2020
cococandy:
You’re sweet Mari. But.. cheesy
But what coco? Be sweet.

I have to admit, sometimes I allow myself to be influenced and get carried away with my insensitive comment like the other day, only to regret it sad

3 Likes

Re: See Beyond Gender. by cococandy(f): 7:06pm On Feb 17, 2020
I mean yes I do regret sometimes when I waste time going back and forth and back and forth. Resolved not to do that as much anymore. Just post, ignore and pass.

But I feel it’s late for the message. Most regular posters here won’t read and it decide “okay I’ve changed”.

You can try though. Kudos
Mariangeles:

But what coco? Be sweet.

I have to admit, sometimes I allow myself to be influenced and get carried away with my insensitive comment like the other day, only to regret it sad

3 Likes

Re: See Beyond Gender. by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 17, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

1st MISCONCEPTION

2nd MISCONCEPTION

3rd MISCONCEPTION

4th MISCONCEPTION

5th MISCONCEPTION

FINAL MISCONCEPTION

Misogyny and misandry can't not allow people see things objectively but rather subjectively.

The op is not disproving the fact that it is normal for most people to view a particular gender in one way and expect some attributes from them.

The Op is talking of dumping commonsense aside to attack/support someone because of their genitals.

It happens here alot.
For example, if its crystal clear a man or woman does something wrong there are pro-man/pro-woman nairalanders that will defend their actions.

1 Like

Re: See Beyond Gender. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Feb 17, 2020
Op you are asking for too much from Naira landers. At all points they most show their stupidity with statements like "women are h0es"," men are pigs","horse bands" "evening newspapers" "used products"

The sad thing is that conveyors of this hate speech seem woke.

When you call out their stupidity they will insist they have the right to say what they wish or that you are opposing their truths

3 Likes

Re: See Beyond Gender. by CAPSLOCKED: 7:22pm On Feb 17, 2020
THE THREAD STARTER IS EXACTLY BIASED TRYING TO TALK ABOUT GENDER BIAS. YOU CAN SEE THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Beyond Gender. by Mariangeles(f): 7:34pm On Feb 17, 2020
cococandy:
I mean yes I do regret sometimes when I waste time going back and forth and back and forth. Resolved not to do that as much anymore. Just post, ignore and pass.

But I feel it’s late for the message. Most regular posters here won’t read and it decide “okay I’ve changed”.

You can try though. Kudos

One can only try sad
Re: See Beyond Gender. by Mariangeles(f): 7:35pm On Feb 17, 2020
Michellekabod2:
Op you are asking for too much from Naira landers. At all points they most show their stupidity with statements like "women are h0es"," men are pigs","horse bands" "evening newspapers" "used products"

The sad thing is that conveyors of this hate speech seem woke.

When you call out their stupidity they will insist they have the right to say what they wish or that you are opposing their truths

It is heartbreaking
Re: See Beyond Gender. by Mariangeles(f): 7:37pm On Feb 17, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
THE THREAD STARTER IS EXACTLY BIASED TRYING TO TALK ABOUT GENDER BIAS. YOU CAN SEE THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM.

How is it biased? undecided
Re: See Beyond Gender. by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:39pm On Feb 17, 2020
Michellekabod2:

Misogyny and misandry can't not allow people see things objectively but rather subjectively.

The op is not disproving the fact that it is normal for most people to view a particular gender in one way and expect some attributes from them.

The Op is talking of dumping commonsense aside to attack/support someone because of their genitals.

It happens here alot.
For example, if its crystal clear a man or woman does something wrong there are pro-man/pro-woman nairalanders that will defend their actions.

you cant expect everyone to be the same. those who hate women (or men), fair enough, so long as its their views. there are many things i dislike in this world, and thats ok.... thats what makes us HUMANS.
some people on NL see certain crimes (aka rape etc) as completely normal, we cant change or force them to accept our different views. this has NOTHING to do with NL and all to do with LIFE

i remember i once said that it was ok to beat a woman if she raises her hand on you, and all women called me names etc... these women certainly didnt use common sense to understand that if you raise your hands on someone, you should expect the same...but instead they hid behind the fact that "because you are women" rules should be different for you ladies. lol!

now, you can only call a spade A SPADE.... so if some lady writes that she would date ANY man with money, or portray herself as a hoe, why should we not call her that? yes it is an offensive word but it fits perfectly some of the people who sell themselves to the highest bidder. now thats my views about cheap women who sell their body or uses it to enrich themselves... this has nothing to do with gender (as i feel the same way if men do it)

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Beyond Gender. by Nobody: 8:21pm On Feb 17, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

1st MISCONCEPTION

2nd MISCONCEPTION

3rd MISCONCEPTION

4th MISCONCEPTION

5th MISCONCEPTION

FINAL MISCONCEPTION
On point, bro
Re: See Beyond Gender. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 17, 2020
smiley
healthserve:
Okay Mummy.
Where's Blu03
Re: See Beyond Gender. by healthserve(m): 8:42pm On Feb 17, 2020
Blu03:
smiley

Where have you been. Valentine ended over the weekend angry
Re: See Beyond Gender. by crackkhaus: 8:59pm On Feb 17, 2020
Mariangeles:

We should be careful not to allow our minds be clouded or our sense of judgement be blinded by the difference in gender.

If your goal was to bridge the divide, you ended up being a perfect example of the problem you are preaching against. cheesy

You started well by making your argument neutral in dealing with both genders and the faults on both sides.
However, by your second paragraph and up until the end, all you did was speak against men ONLY.

Anyone who hails your write-up is also part of the problem.. you people should not kid yourselves.
There's no victim as far as NL gender wars are concerned, the insults and demeaning tones go both ways in equal measure. grin

My only consolation is that it hurts you females more cos I don't see any males complaining about being called degrading/insulting names...yet, threads by females complaining about how the males here treat them are becoming a dime a dozen.

The thing is no one is your boyfriend or husband here, so a lot of you really need to learn how not to be so invested in the comments of guys who just don't care about your feelings. It's pathetic and quite comical.

7 Likes

Re: See Beyond Gender. by Mariangeles(f): 9:14pm On Feb 17, 2020
crackkhaus:

If your goal was to bridge the divide, you ended up being a perfect example of the problem you are preaching against. cheesy

You started well by making your argument neutral by talking about both gender and the faults on both sides.
By your second paragraph and up until the end, you ended up speaking against men ONLY.

Anyone who hails your write-up is also part of the problem.. you people should not kid yourselves.
There's no victim as far as NL gender wars are concerned. grin

My only consolation is that it hurts you females more. I don't see any males complaining about being called degrading/insulting names, yet threads by females complaining about how the males here treat them are becoming a dime a dozen.

No one is your boyfriend or husband here, a lot of you really need to learn how not to be so invested in the comments of guys who just don't care about your feelings. It's pathetic.

Fortunately for me, "hailing" was not the intention behind the write-up.

For people to take their time to read through is reward enough. That includes you.
Also, try not to see problems where there are none.

Life is beyond nairaland. The earlier you realise that, the better for you and us all.

4 Likes

Re: See Beyond Gender. by Omar09(m): 9:18pm On Feb 17, 2020
Mariangeles:

Never far from the truth. Emotions at work.
Re: See Beyond Gender. by crackkhaus: 9:21pm On Feb 17, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
Oh dear, someone beat me to it. cheesy

One would have to be gender-biased not to have noticed the bias in her supposed anti gender-bias sermon. Lol.. which exactly is part of the problem.

Not like it should even be a problem in the first place because an emotionally/mentally healthy person ought not to be so invested in comments made against their gender on the internet for any of it to become bothersome to them.

I kind of respect people who take time off or just deactivate their accounts once they realize they can't handle the negativity anymore. It's not cowardice.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Beyond Gender. by crackkhaus: 9:24pm On Feb 17, 2020
Mariangeles:

Fortunately for me, "hailing" was not the intention behind the write-up.

For people to take their time to read through is reward enough. That includes you.
Also, try not to see problems where there are none.

Life is beyond nairaland. The earlier you realise that, the better for you and us all.
You're quite funny. cheesy

You're the one who started a thread to complain about Nairaland because things here are bothering you, yet I'm the one who needs to understand that life is beyond Nairaland. Lmao..

Are you slow?

5 Likes

Re: See Beyond Gender. by Mariangeles(f): 9:29pm On Feb 17, 2020
crackkhaus:

You're quite funny. cheesy

You're the one who started a thread to complain about Nairaland because things here are bothering you, yet I'm the one who needs to understand that life is beyond Nairaland. Lmao..

Are you slow?

Remind me when you grow up, then maybe I'll take you seriously.
Until then...

1 Like

Re: See Beyond Gender. by Mariangeles(f): 9:35pm On Feb 17, 2020
crackkhaus:

Oh dear, someone beat me to it. cheesy

One would have to be gender-biased not to have noticed the bias in her supposed anti gender-bias sermon. Lol.. which exactly is part of the problem.

Not like it should even be a problem in the first place because an emotionally/mentally healthy person ought not to be so invested in comments made against their gender on the internet for any of it to become bothersome to them.

I kind of respect people who take time off or just deactivate their accounts once they realize they can't handle the negativity anymore. It's not cowardice.

Rather, it takes a mentally unhealthy person to see and accept those comments as norm.
Before deactivation, one can at least try to make a change.

1 Like

Re: See Beyond Gender. by crackkhaus: 9:35pm On Feb 17, 2020
Mariangeles:

Remind me when you grow up, then maybe I'll take you seriously.
Until then...
I don't want you to take me seriously, ain't that the fvcking point? cheesy
Jeez, you're definitely slow.

I mean, why should you care what I or anyone types on Nairaland if you had such an interesting life?

7 Likes

Re: See Beyond Gender. by Omar09(m): 9:36pm On Feb 17, 2020
crackkhaus:

You started well by making your argument neutral in dealing with both genders and the faults on both sides.
However, by your second paragraph and up until the end, all you did was speak against men ONLY.

There's no victim as far as NL gender wars are concerned, the insults and demeaning tones go both ways in equal measure. grin

My only consolation is that it hurts you females more cos I don't see any males complaining about being called degrading/insulting names...yet, threads by females complaining about how the males here treat them are becoming a dime a dozen.

The thing is no one is your boyfriend or husband here, so a lot of you really need to learn how not to be so invested in the comments of guys who just don't care about your feelings. It's pathetic and quite comical.

This thread, is another whine and complain thread.

**Lights out

1 Like

Re: See Beyond Gender. by Mariangeles(f): 9:39pm On Feb 17, 2020
crackkhaus:

I don't want you to take me seriously, ain't that the fvcking point? cheesy
Jeez, you're definitely slow.

I mean, why should you care what I or anyone types on Nairaland if you had such an interesting life?

I actually feel sorry for you. sad
Watch yourself before you lose yourself.

2 Likes

Re: See Beyond Gender. by crackkhaus: 9:39pm On Feb 17, 2020
Mariangeles:

Rather, it takes a mentally unhealthy person to see and accept those comments as norm.
Before deactivation, one can at least try to make a change.
Kindergarten reverse psychology.

No one said it should be accepted as the norm, it just should not be enough to bother you because you know you have people around you who don't think that way. SIMPLE.

As for making a change, try doing that when you step out of your house tomorrow morning.
You don't make a change in the world by posting comments on the internet.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Beyond Gender. by Mariangeles(f): 9:43pm On Feb 17, 2020
crackkhaus:

Kindergarten reverse psychology.

No one said it should be accepted as the norm, it just should not be enough to bother you because you know you have people around you who don't think that way. SIMPLE.

As for making a change, try doing that when you step out of your house tomorrow morning.
You make don't make a change in the world by commenting on the internet.

Use all the means at your disposal, you'll reach more people.
Thankfully, the internet has made it easier to pass a message faster and reach a wider audience.

2 Likes

Re: See Beyond Gender. by LadySarah: 9:43pm On Feb 17, 2020
What amuses me much is that the pseudo anonymity could make you exchange words with your mother whom you've obviously called a hoe on Nl.
What makes you think you aren't e fighting your family members grin grin grin
Plaintain mummy, don't lose sleep over them.

We knw them when they open new accounts to still beg the hoes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Wife And I Have Reconciled / Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident / How Do I Lose 10kg In A Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.