Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,501 members, 7,816,192 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

How To Prepare French Toast Bread - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare French Toast Bread (1557 Views)

How I Made Agege French Toast After Thinking Of What To Eat For Hours on end / Tired Of Eggs?! Try These New Fillings For Toast Bread!! / How To Make French Toast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prepare French Toast Bread by jpilata(m): 9:59am On Feb 18, 2020
HOW TO PREPARE FRENCH TOAST

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

Description
•This recipe originated in France.
•This type of Toast Bread is often referred to as French bread.
•To make the French toast taste even better, add some vanilla extract and ground nutmeg to the egg batter. This is also by far the easiest way on how to make toast bread without a toaster.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

Ingredients needed
•4-6 slices of bread
•2 large eggs
•1 tsp of salt
•1 tsp cinnamon
•1 tsp of nutmeg
•1 tsp vanilla extract
•100ml liquid milk
•2 tsp granulated sugar
•Pepper to taste
•1 small bulb onion
•Butter/Vegetable oil (for frying)

•Sugar, honey, jam (for serving)

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

Tools needed
•Frying pan
•Mixing bowls
•Knife, spoon & fork

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

PROCEDURE

Step 1: Beat the eggs in a bowl and stir to a smooth consistency.

Step 2: Add in the liquid milk, vanilla extract, sugar, salt, pepper, nutmeg, cinnamon and minced onion; whisk the whole Ingredients together to dissolve well.

Step 3: Heat up a large frying pan and add vegetable oil or butter. Allow Vegetable oil to hot before you start the frying.
Tip: If you are using butter, allow it to melt, before you start the frying.

Step 4: Dip the bread slices into the egg batter one by one, leaving them in the stirred egg mixture for 10-20 seconds on both sides.
Tip: You can also dip the sliced bread in the egg mixture and bring it out, without soaking it.

Step 5: Put the soaked egg bread in the hot frying pan and fry, until it turns golden brown, then flip and fry the other side, until it also turns golden brown.
Tip: Fry the slices on both sides for 1 to 2 minutes or until they turn golden brown on each side.
Tip: If the frying pan has turned dry, you can add more vegetable oil or butter.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

How to serve the French toast bread

•Put the French toast bread on a plate. You can garnish your French toast bread with sprinkled sugar, honey, jam, or other of your favourite sweet condiments.

•This recipe works great not only for breakfast, but also as a snack or appetizer.

•It is best eaten hot and fresh, with a cup of tea, coffee, just milk or any soft drink of choice.

2 Likes

Re: How To Prepare French Toast Bread by jpilata(m): 10:01am On Feb 18, 2020

Re: How To Prepare French Toast Bread by AntiChristian: 3:01pm On Feb 19, 2020
This is frying and not toasting I think. I thought medics say we should minimize fries?

What's the health status of this as far as Cholesterol and heart disease is concerned?
Re: How To Prepare French Toast Bread by GabriellePeake: 2:52pm On Feb 15, 2022
Unfortunately, I don't have a toaster to toast bread
Re: How To Prepare French Toast Bread by Mariangeles(f): 2:55pm On Feb 15, 2022
GabriellePeake:
Unfortunately, I don't have a toaster to toast bread

Luckily, you don’t need a toaster to make French toast.
All you need is a pan for frying.

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare French Toast Bread by Alsonjecs: 3:09pm On Feb 15, 2022
I really love toast and always had it for breakfast when I lived with my parents. But after entering the university, I moved to the dormitory, and I don't have a toaster here. Periodically I go out to eat breakfast at a cafe near the dormitory, but sometimes I don't want to go out and have breakfast in peace at home. I found a few ways to make toast without a toaster. Perhaps it will be useful to someone who does not have a toaster. French toast is especially wonderful. I'll definitely try making it with your recipe.

(1) (Reply)

Covid-19: Stop Begging; Here's One Meal You Can Prepare With Just N50 / Do They Produce This Hausa Cake At Your Area? / Easy Way To Make Yam And Platain Egg Sauce ( With Pictures)...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.