Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. (10639 Views)

Elepaq Constant Or Sumec Firman 4.5kva / Use Elepaq Generator 2.5 Kva / Printer And Elepaq Generator For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by fineboynl(m): 11:29pm On Feb 18, 2020
I have only run it for lesser than 5 hours 30 mins. and have lost half tank already. I bout fuel N1600 10 litres.

I only power my small fridge and ceiling fan.

it's not economically viable as I will spend like 1k everyday alone just to power it from 6-7 o'clock to 11-12 o'clock.
Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by kestolove95(m): 11:32pm On Feb 18, 2020
So now what are u saying? What do u want us to do?

2 Likes

Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by Gwagone: 11:38pm On Feb 18, 2020
WTF
Bros, sell it and buy inverter

1 Like

Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by HarunaWest(m): 11:40pm On Feb 18, 2020
fineboynl:
I have only run it for lesser than 5 hours 30 mins. and have lost half tank already. I bout fuel N1600 10 litres.

I only power my small fringe and ceiling fan.

it's not economically viable as I will spend like 1k everyday alone just to power it from 6-7 o'clock to 11-12 o'clock.
Buy a Bigger Tank then.
Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by PlayerMeji: 12:21am On Feb 19, 2020
Oga, turn it to gas powered.

Search one of the tutorials online and you will forever thank your stars
Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by uboma(m): 7:17am On Feb 19, 2020
fineboynl:

I only power my small fringe and ceiling fan.

1k fuel runs for a period of 5 hours at most and you complain that your generator consumes fuel.

How many hours do you want it to run on 1k fuel?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by westlius(m): 7:31am On Feb 19, 2020
uboma:

1k fuel runs for a period of 5 hours at most and you complain that your generator consumes fuel.

24hours.
Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by fineboynl(m): 10:52am On Feb 19, 2020
uboma:

I use to run my tiger generator 6-7 hours with just a litre fuel way back.
Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by uboma(m): 11:06am On Feb 19, 2020
fineboynl:

Was this with a similar generator (with same power rating)?
Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by Eboski(m): 11:38am On Feb 19, 2020
Call a generator operator to change your carburetor, it doesn't matter if you buy the generator today, just do it and thank me later. original carburetor is #1,500

1 Like

Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by Eboski(m): 11:42am On Feb 19, 2020
I did the same thing to my gen, i bought fuel for 1k start my generator from 6pm and it run till 6am in the morning, after I have changed my carburetor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by uboma(m): 5:02pm On Feb 19, 2020
Eboski:
I did the same thing to my gen, i bought fuel for 1k start my generator from 6pm and it run till 6am in the morning, after I have changed my carburetor.

Lies!

What type of generator is it?

1 Like

Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by Eboski(m): 7:07pm On Feb 19, 2020
uboma:

Lies!
What type of generator is it?
SUMEC FIRMAN SPG3000E2
Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by Eboski(m): 7:11pm On Feb 19, 2020
this was the carburetor I changed
Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by Eboski(m): 7:12pm On Feb 19, 2020
this is carburetor

Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by uboma(m): 7:15pm On Feb 19, 2020
Eboski:

SUMEC FIRMAN SPG3000E2

That's a 2.8KVA generator.

Why did you lie that 1k fuel runs from 6:00pm to 6:00am the following morning?

6 Likes

Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by bigl: 10:20pm On Feb 19, 2020
fineboynl:

Adjust the fuel intake valve .... clockwise i think (find out which one to turn o)! Cos most likely, your gen is running super rich: pumping more than fuel needed into the cylinder!

Had same issue with a 1.8kva i bought back then till i invested some time into some youtube videos!

Today, the fuel consumption is better! It does go down if i use it to run my deep freezer though!

If that does not work, then change the carb as suggested above
Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by bigl: 10:22pm On Feb 19, 2020
uboma:

That's a 2.8KVA generator.

Why did you lie that 1k fuel runs from 6:00pm to 6:00am the following morning?

Its very possible bro!

1k fuel is about 6.9 liters! Most gen will run 2-2.5hours per litre! 2 x 6.9litres = 12 hours so its very possible.

Especially if not fully loaded and u turn down the speed!
Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by fineboynl(m): 11:32pm On Feb 19, 2020
bigl:

Adjust the fuel intake valve .... clockwise i think (find out which one to turn o)! Cos most likely, your gen is running super rich: pumping more than fuel needed into the cylinder!

Had same issue with a 1.8kva i bought back then till i invested some time into some youtube videos!

Today, the fuel consumption is better! It does go down if i use it to run my deep freezer though!

If that does not work, then change the carb as suggested above
I went to where I bought it today. the man told me not to tempered with it.

the screw with spring. I loose it a bit not clock wise. now it's even worst off. should I have tightened it?

i'm confused already.

1 Like

Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by bigl: 11:49pm On Feb 19, 2020
fineboynl:
I went to where I bought it today. the man told me not to tempered with it.

the screw with spring. I loose it a bit not clock wise. now it's even worst off. should I have tightened it?

i'm confused already.

I'm also not sure but on my own elepaq 1.8kva, it turned it fully clockwise! Tightened!

I suspect your generated isn't original. Maybe a clone! that's why u are experiencing that!

Why can't they fix the issue for u na?

3 Likes

Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by fineboynl(m): 11:51pm On Feb 19, 2020
bigl:

I'm also not sure but on my own elepaq 1.8kva, it turned it fully clockwise! Tightened!

I suspect your generated isn't original. Maybe a clone! that's why u are experiencing that!

Why can't they fix the issue for u na?
it's not a clone. original.

I lose it and not tighten it. I mean the spring now stretch out. should I have tightened it?
Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by bigl: 11:58pm On Feb 19, 2020
fineboynl:
it's not a clone. original.

I lose it and not tighten it. I mean the string now stretch out. should I have tightened it?

I guess we are talking about 2 different things!

What u are adjusting is the governor!

The stuff i'm talking about is on the carburettor!

Lemme see if i can send u a pix of what it looks like on my gen!

But that would be tomorrow o!

Meanwhile, drop the pix of your gen!
Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by fineboynl(m): 12:13am On Feb 20, 2020
bigl:

I guess we are talking about 2 different things!

What u are adjusting is the governor!

The stuff i'm talking about is on the carburettor!

Lemme see if i can send u a pix of what it looks like on my gen!

But that would be tomorrow o!

Meanwhile, drop the pix of your gen!
which one is the governor? will loosing the governor increase fuel consumption? but after I loose it the fire power didn't reduce at all.

Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by mejai(m): 5:42am On Feb 20, 2020
Someone told u what to do but u decided to ' kpa aka ani' (fickle with the gen).

Call gen repairer to change the carburettor, finish.

Governor, senate presido... Naija & names eh grin

1 Like

Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by Nobody: 8:01am On Feb 20, 2020
fineboynl:
which one is the governor? will loosing the governor increase fuel consumption? but after I loose it the fire power didn't reduce at all.
bros this is normal thing for new generators......

Follow this instructions....

1.. Tighten that golden nut with spring on it.... Tighten.....

2... Reduce the speed of the generator... Start the generator, then at the back of it there is a black plastic nut there loosen it very good...

Then you generator will be fine..
Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by ismart: 8:36am On Feb 20, 2020
fineboynl:

elepaq gen are like that

Also make sure there is oil inside it at all time. It consume oil as well.

I miss firman gen

2 Likes

Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by wwwkaycom(m): 8:45am On Feb 20, 2020
fineboynl:

So you think that 5 litres of fuel is too much for 5 hours 30 minutes? You don't even want to spend on fuel at all. Why not buy a generator that runs on water?

3 Likes

Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by Blackmiserable(m): 3:29pm On Feb 20, 2020
Eboski:
Call a generator operator to change your carburetor, it doesn't matter if you buy the generator today, just do it and thank me later. original carburetor is #1,500

@fineboynl, please take this advice. So on point.

1 Like

Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by fineboynl(m): 4:56pm On Feb 20, 2020
Blackmiserable:

@fineboynl, please take this advice. So on point.
i told a technician and he said changing a follow come curbrator a new generator for that matter is a bad idea.

the man who said it to me told me not to tempered with it.
Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by xrayj(m): 5:04pm On Feb 20, 2020
fineboynl:
U mean the "I better pass my neighbour type"?
The tank sizes are not the same
The bigger the gen, the more fuel consumption
Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by uboma(m): 5:24pm On Feb 20, 2020
fineboynl:
i told a technician and he said changing a follow come curbrator a new generator for that matter is a bad idea.

Disregard people advising you to replace the factory fitted carburettor to another to reduce the fuel consumption.

If you are worried about the fuel consumption, do sell it and buy a smaller generator instead.

2 Likes

Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by Eboski(m): 8:40pm On Feb 20, 2020
fineboynl:

oga change your carburetor and keep the new one then see if there will be changes. it doesn't matter .

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beware Of Craddle Robbers / Is Writing A Will Really Advantageous To Your Children ? / Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.