Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,960 members, 7,852,240 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:27 PM

A Call To The Kwara State Governor And The Ministry Of Education. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Call To The Kwara State Governor And The Ministry Of Education. (197 Views)

4 Kwara State University Students Beat Colleague To Death For Filming Them / "Global Wealth University: Accredited By The Ministry Of Higher Education And Re / Ministry Of Education Considering Adding An Extra Year To University Studies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Call To The Kwara State Governor And The Ministry Of Education. by Babaslum1(m): 4:56am On Feb 19, 2020
A CALL TO THE KWARA STATE GOVERNOR AND THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION.

A visit to GOROJO VILLAGE made me realise that there are still schools where pupils learn in utmost discomfort under trees in this 21st century
GOROJO is a village under ASA LOCAL GOVERNMENT IN KWARA STATE.

We came across a government primary school of not more than two blocks, where some chairs and tables are arranged under trees, where the teachers also have their offices
The pupil are being taught under this trees with a condemned black board rested on the tree.
Class five and six are merged together under a tree, while other classes were separated.
Some of the teachers made us understand that that is how most schools in the village and around looks like.

Looking at the children, so unfortunate none of them could communicate in English. This are children in primary 4 -6, then I wonder what will happen to the future of this young one who just go to school in their tattered clothes and uniforms. I saw many of them without school sandals. Some of their parents work as farmers.

I ask myself a question, should children of farmer suffer this much ?

An interview with a parent made us know that the teachers don't resume to school on time because they stay far away from the village which the teachers attest to.
The teachers complained about absence of infrastructures In the school.

we call on the kwara state government, to please come to the aid of this innocent children and think of their future.

I specially call on the Governor of kwara state, His Excellency Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq to please treat this as a matter of urgency.

Mohammed Ayodele Ataba
Founder of YFBI

(1) (Reply)

Cambridge A Level In Nigeria / CISSP Training In Port Harcourt / How To Gain Admission Into University Without JAMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.