Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,990 members, 7,814,379 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

4 Kwara State University Students Beat Colleague To Death For Filming Them - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 4 Kwara State University Students Beat Colleague To Death For Filming Them (27718 Views)

KASU Students Beat NDA Cadets Over Girlfriend (Photos) / University Of Abuja Students Beat Lecturer After Exams (Video) / WASSCE: Ghanaian Students Beat Invigilators Over Strict Supervision (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Kwara State University Students Beat Colleague To Death For Filming Them by NaijaCover(m): 10:30am On Mar 08
Four Yet-To-Be-Identified Students of the Kwara State University (KWASU), Malete, in Moro local government area of the state, have been arrested by the police for allegedly beating a fellow student to death.

Vanguard Correspondent reliably gathered that though the students were arrested on Wednesday, the incident happened penultimate week in one of the private hostels outside the university premises.

It was gathered that the students descended on the deceased student, whose name could not be ascertained as of press time, for allegedly filming them without their consent.

The Victim was said to be recording the four students who were reportedly in a discussion when one of them spotted him.

The four students consequently approached him to know why he was filming them without their consent, to which he couldn’t offer any ‘reasonable explanation’. Afterwards, the four enraged students pounced on him for his action.

A Student who craved anonymity told Vanguard correspondent that “the victim later died from the severity of the beating meted out to him by the students.”

When contacted, the State Police Public Relations officer, Toun Ejire-Adeyemi (DSP), confirmed the incident to our reporter late Thursday night.

According to her, “The alleged culprits were four, but I cannot confirm their names now. They have been arrested while an investigation is still ongoing over the matter,” she said.

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/four-kwasu-students-allegedly-beat-colleague-to-death-for-filming-them/amp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Kwara State University Students Beat Colleague To Death For Filming Them by NaijaCover(m): 10:30am On Mar 08
What Is Really Wrong with This Student Guys?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Kwara State University Students Beat Colleague To Death For Filming Them by VeryWickedMan: 10:33am On Mar 08
I support the beaters.
Why film me without my consent and change the narrative to accuse me falsely?

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Kwara State University Students Beat Colleague To Death For Filming Them by RepoMan007: 10:37am On Mar 08
Maybe he was trying to capture content.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 4 Kwara State University Students Beat Colleague To Death For Filming Them by NaijaCover(m): 10:42am On Mar 08
RepoMan007:
Maybe he was trying to capture content.

Is that all, you will say?

6 Likes

Re: 4 Kwara State University Students Beat Colleague To Death For Filming Them by Namaster: 10:43am On Mar 08
Five stupid people in this story.

Filming people or taking their pictures without consent is stupid. It's not by force to "create content" if you are bereft of ideas.

It's equally stupid to gang up on and beat someone for filming you when you could just take the phone and delete the videos. Or just take the phone.

74 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 4 Kwara State University Students Beat Colleague To Death For Filming Them by Sirmwill: 10:45am On Mar 08

It's very annoying for someone to just start filming me without my consent.
But!!I won't resort to assaulting the person.Making sure the person deletes it is better.

The movie guy wanted to create content. Now he is the content 😑

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Kwara State University Students Beat Colleague To Death For Filming Them by Wawelexy(m): 11:17am On Mar 08
Someone will just come out of the blue moon to video you for the sake of content creating, that's not even the problem, majority of them will frame their victims up with untrue stories that are catchy just for click baits.

I'm in no way supporting them for beating him up till death, but I think there should be a law that prosecute anyone filming someone without the consent of that person, and also a more severe actions taking against those that attached false caption/storyline to such content.

You won't know how painful this is, until you are a victim.

RIP to the lost soul....

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Kwara State University Students Beat Colleague To Death For Filming Them by Vickym1(f): 12:17pm On Mar 08
sad
Now that thing they're hiding will be in the open and they'll also go to jail for killing him.

Whats the essence of beating him to death when you can iron things out as men

3 Likes

Re: 4 Kwara State University Students Beat Colleague To Death For Filming Them by Hndrrxxx(m): 12:18pm On Mar 08
Jjj
Re: 4 Kwara State University Students Beat Colleague To Death For Filming Them by Offpoint1: 12:19pm On Mar 08
If Anyone film me without my consent might end up same.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Kwara State University Students Beat Colleague To Death For Filming Them by Kaido: 12:20pm On Mar 08
VeryWickedMan:
I support the beaters.
Ewu!
Ewure!
Akuya!!!

1 Like

Re: 4 Kwara State University Students Beat Colleague To Death For Filming Them by Makunahatata: 12:20pm On Mar 08
Nawa..the Obedients beaters go dey regret now..no be everything requires nsogbu nsogbu,gragra..... den don throw their lives away now.

And the dead too,lesson to content ppl,that camera can land u in serious trouble or claim your life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Kwara State University Students Beat Colleague To Death For Filming Them by ImoleNaija: 12:21pm On Mar 08
They must be full of regret now.

1 Like

Re: 4 Kwara State University Students Beat Colleague To Death For Filming Them by yewit37486: 12:21pm On Mar 08
I hope that's not naija.cover...

As for those guys, they are murderers and must face the consequences. Animalistic behaviour.

1 Like

Re: 4 Kwara State University Students Beat Colleague To Death For Filming Them by Dalohad: 12:21pm On Mar 08
Our yoruba universities are the best. grin

1 Like

Re: 4 Kwara State University Students Beat Colleague To Death For Filming Them by GrammarNazi1(m): 12:22pm On Mar 08
Vickym1:
sad
Now that thing they're hiding will be in the open and they'll also go to jail for killing him.

Whats the essence of biting him to death when you can iron things out as men
They did not bite him to death.

1 Like

Re: 4 Kwara State University Students Beat Colleague To Death For Filming Them by Fr33born(m): 12:22pm On Mar 08
The way people especially girls film people these days is becoming too much. Every little thing, people would just quickly bring out phone and start recording without consent just to post on social media.
A woman nearly beat up a young girl in a mall the other day for recording them while in a queue.

But two wrongs don't make a right. They would have just deleted it or better still seized the phone...

5 Likes

Re: 4 Kwara State University Students Beat Colleague To Death For Filming Them by designking: 12:22pm On Mar 08
At least 4 of you could have collected his phone and deleted the video without any violence.

Now they will be charged for murder

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Kwara State University Students Beat Colleague To Death For Filming Them by Vickym1(f): 12:23pm On Mar 08
GrammarNazi1:

They did not bite him to death.
Buh the beating caused his death
Re: 4 Kwara State University Students Beat Colleague To Death For Filming Them by killsmith(f): 12:23pm On Mar 08
A very big yet underrated problem for technology and law.
If someone points his phone camera at me, do I have the right to seize the phone? How do we know he/she isn't actually recording something? What do we do if he's recording? Smash the phone?

2 Likes

Re: 4 Kwara State University Students Beat Colleague To Death For Filming Them by dfrost: 12:24pm On Mar 08
😥
Re: 4 Kwara State University Students Beat Colleague To Death For Filming Them by ExtraIncomes: 12:26pm On Mar 08
Sirmwill:

It's very annoying for someone to just start filming me without my consent.
But!!I won't resort to assaulting the person.Making sure the person deletes it is better.

The movie guy wanted to create content. Now he is the content 😑

May We Not Be The Content.

~ TMOAA

1 Like

Re: 4 Kwara State University Students Beat Colleague To Death For Filming Them by jeromestarks: 12:26pm On Mar 08
All these stu.pid skit makers should be beaten to death too.

How can you just carry camera and begin to video me? Do you know who I am? Do you know where I am from? Do you what I have been through? Do you know my concern about my privacy?
Do you even know if I am an alien?

Let me catch one idiat videoing me. Nons.ense skit makers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Kwara State University Students Beat Colleague To Death For Filming Them by ebig21(m): 12:27pm On Mar 08
Ignorant comments full here. Once you are in public space any body can film you. There is no privacy in public space

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Kwara State University Students Beat Colleague To Death For Filming Them by omoredia: 12:27pm On Mar 08
School of terrorists and extremists
Re: 4 Kwara State University Students Beat Colleague To Death For Filming Them by qtx(m): 12:27pm On Mar 08
VeryWickedMan:
I support the beaters.
Since you support the beaters, join them in jail then to show solidarity!

1 Like

Re: 4 Kwara State University Students Beat Colleague To Death For Filming Them by Kapeter(m): 12:27pm On Mar 08
He don put them for trouble now. I wouldn't understand what exactly people tend to gain with having to film people without their consent. Any small thing dem don carry their phone dey record nonsense. Na so i go one lounge last time go enjoy my life small, before you know am one mumu don carry him phone dey snap person. Na one of my g catch am, i wonder wetin dey worry dem. Violence is never the best answer to anger or anything in life anyway. Na akoba go end am. I pity the four student sha same way i pity the parent of the one wey dem kpai too.
Re: 4 Kwara State University Students Beat Colleague To Death For Filming Them by wittywriter: 12:27pm On Mar 08
Dalohad:
Our yoruba universities are the best. grin
ExtraIncomes:

May We Not Be The Content.

~ TMOAA

Wittyness

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Isioma Okobah Wins Highest Medical Award In US (Photo) / Ekayoma Rukevwe Emerges Best Graduating Student From US College (Photos) / School Of Nursing Ado Ekiti Entrance Form Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.