Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,006 members, 7,835,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

The Difference Between Posts And Pages - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Difference Between Posts And Pages (664 Views)

Please Who Can Extract Numbers On Groups And Pages On Facebook / Facebook Is Closing Profiles And Pages Worldwide, A Solution Is / Facebook Blasting Software To Millions Of Groups And Pages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Difference Between Posts And Pages by Webberboss: 11:07pm On Feb 19, 2020
A client asked me the other day, what’s the difference between posts and pages on my WordPress website. I thought I’d write out my response to her, since odds are a few others have same question. So …

What’s the difference between posts and pages?
They’re kind of like apples to oranges. Your posts are content entries that are listed in reverse chronological order on your blog. Due to this, your posts are meant to be timely. Your pages are meant to be static content such as your about page.
Essentially posts are more dynamic and pages are more static. Your website needs both. The search engines receive a ping when a post is added but not a page. a search engine will crawl all pages and posts on a site unless you’ve asked them not to (you can control this on each page as needed). Although, even if you ask SERPS not to craw a page or a post, it’s a request only and they don’t always honor that, meaning sometimes they’ll crawl and index anyways.

Once you’ve got a handle on the difference between posts and pages, it’s time to think about SEO.
For any page or post to achieve SEO, or search engine optimization, rank, it needs a few fundamental things. It needs to:
Read more: https://www.webberboss.com/the-difference-between-posts-and-pages/

Re: The Difference Between Posts And Pages by donsheddy1(m): 12:12am On Feb 20, 2020
Useless response to an intelligent question.

Oga, they're both the same. Judging from what you understand from WordPress. It's a content management system.

In this light, your pages can either be static or dynamic just by preference.

You can have a million pages and a million posts, just know they're the same.

Google can index your post because it has relevant info that it needs to display prolly you've done some SEO magic with post and will still do same if still available in the page.

(1) (Reply)

Sports Or Job Vacancy Blogging, Which One Is More Profitable? / Get A Verified USA Paypal Account For Your Online Business / Please What Free Computer App Can I Use In Editing My Youtube Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.