Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,919 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Islam Is Better - Bishop Charles - Also Converted His Church Into Mosque. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam Is Better - Bishop Charles - Also Converted His Church Into Mosque. (603 Views)

Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace / Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons / If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam Is Better - Bishop Charles - Also Converted His Church Into Mosque. by afasayuti: 11:20pm On Feb 19, 2020
Islam is Better - Bishop Charles
- Also Converted His Church into Mosque.

A Homa Bay bishop has converted to Islam because he couldn’t stand how women wore indecently to his church.

Bishop Charles Okwany, formerly of God’s Call Church of East Africa, claims it is women wearing miniskirts to his church that drove him to convert his church to a mosque.

He claimed that unlike Muslims, most Christians are ‘immoral and pretenders’.

“My church was known as Nyalgosi God’s Call Church of East Africa, but it is now Nyalgosi Jamia Mosque,” he told the Nairobian.

“During my tenure as a Bishop, I travelled to Malindi, Mombasa, Nairobi and Tanzania to preach the word of God. I used to take advantage of the opportunity to study the conduct of both Christians and Muslims living in the areas, and it made me conclude that Islam is better,” said Okwany.

The 65-year-old Bishop has also acquired a new name, Ismael Okwany to conform to Islamic requirements.

He added: “The Biblical teachings discourage modes of dressing which are likely to motivate sexual desire in church. But it is unfortunate that some women wear miniskirts and other clothes that expose their private parts.”

“It was unfortunate that some people felt I was wrong when I discouraged indecent dressing yet they were the ones who were going against the will of God.”

His switch to Islam began by visiting a Muslim leader in Kisii County who referred him to Rangwe Imam, Mustafa Saoke.

On September 26, Okwany converted to Islam together with 23 other members of his church.

The mosque now has a population of 63 people after 30 Muslims who were in the entire Kagan ward decided to register their membership.

“I will go for a theological training on Islamic religion to enable me to preach the word of God in Islam. I had never joined a (Islamic) theology class but this will be my starting point,” Okwany stated.

According to Omar Al Bashir, a sheikh in Nyanza region, the mosque will be registered".

“Okwany and his former church elders have registration details of the church. We are going to change the registration details so that the mosque is duly registered,” said Bashir.

3 Likes

Re: Islam Is Better - Bishop Charles - Also Converted His Church Into Mosque. by Nobody: 11:35pm On Feb 19, 2020
They won't like this grin
Re: Islam Is Better - Bishop Charles - Also Converted His Church Into Mosque. by Aysha110(f): 4:51pm On Feb 20, 2020
Ohhhhh masha Allah

1 Like

Re: Islam Is Better - Bishop Charles - Also Converted His Church Into Mosque. by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:04am On Mar 06, 2020
Ibn Abi Hatim and Ibn Jarir recorded that Umm Salamah said that the Prophet used to supplicate,

يَا مُقَلِّبَ الْقُلُوبِ ثَبِّتْ قَلْبِي عَلَى دِينِك
“O Changer of the hearts, make my heart firm upon Your religion (Yā Muqallibal-qulūb, thabbit qalbī `alā dīnik).’”

He then recited,

رَبَّنَا لاَ تُزِغْ قُلُوبَنَا بَعْدَ إِذْ هَدَيْتَنَا وَهَبْ لَنَا مِن لَّدُنكَ رَحْمَةً إِنَّكَ أَنتَ الْوَهَّابُ
“Our Lord! Let not our hearts deviate (from the truth) after You have guided us, and grant us mercy from You. Truly, You are the Bestower.” Surah Al-i-Imran [3:8]

Source: Tafsir Ibn Kathir

2 Likes

Re: Islam Is Better - Bishop Charles - Also Converted His Church Into Mosque. by Lukgaf(m): 3:27pm On Mar 12, 2020
Islam is growing exponentially. AlhamduLilah

1 Like

Re: Islam Is Better - Bishop Charles - Also Converted His Church Into Mosque. by pressplay411(m): 6:13pm On Mar 12, 2020
abluck:
They won't like this grin

Clearly Christianity is not his problem but so called Christians.
Both Islam and Christianity have their advantages and disadvantages.
The most important thing is to personally strive to be a good person, that's what it's all about.

1 Like

Re: Islam Is Better - Bishop Charles - Also Converted His Church Into Mosque. by RightChannel: 3:13pm On Mar 14, 2020
72 Virgins Awaits Him In Jannah The Garden Of xxxx
Re: Islam Is Better - Bishop Charles - Also Converted His Church Into Mosque. by afasayuti: 8:57pm On Nov 26, 2022

(1) (Reply)

Civilization Started With Islam: Yes Or No? / Will the Islamic Heaven be Different? / Muslim Nikah Forum Launched In Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.