Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,130 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) (47785 Views)

Huge 1,500-Year-Old Wine Factory Found In Israel (Photos) / The Science Behind How Dogs Find Their Way Home When Lost / How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by Josh44s(m): 10:07am On Feb 21, 2020
shocked

Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by luluosas(m): 10:07am On Feb 21, 2020
Abi ooooo
MorataFC:
Lubbisishi
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by SCORPION1902: 10:07am On Feb 21, 2020
Audio years.

Biafra audio things
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by Helpfromabove1(m): 10:07am On Feb 21, 2020
Pack well joor
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by robosky02(m): 10:07am On Feb 21, 2020
Story
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by luluosas(m): 10:08am On Feb 21, 2020
They are relatively interwoven
seancombs617:
Who lie pass 'scientists or lai Mohammed? grin
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by lordkrys(m): 10:08am On Feb 21, 2020
Ok o
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by michlins(m): 10:09am On Feb 21, 2020
dhardline:
Men will try everything possible to prove evolution right even though it has never been observed since man existed...
evolution is happening right now. Thing is that it would only be observed after a very long time cause that's when the changes will become obvious. Take for instance,not many men will walk kilometers. It seem like nothing but thousands of years from now, the last man that walked on foot will be celebrated by archaeologists

4 Likes

Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by Munzy14(m): 10:09am On Feb 21, 2020
lonelydora:
Sometimes, I think Archaeologists are insane human beings.
lolzz, Insane practicing what they studied?..

In 100-200years coming, We all be regarded as ancient beings.

Some of the things we use now, will go extinct and become an archeological site.

2 Likes

Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by showafrica(m): 10:12am On Feb 21, 2020
YesNo:
Good one
someone needs to check where bubu came from

1 Like

Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by Chibokgame: 10:17am On Feb 21, 2020
I am worried about the date {
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by tartar9(m): 10:25am On Feb 21, 2020
NaijaMutant:
28500 years shocked

Like, if you think carbon dating is a scam grin

Share, if you think otherwise undecided
There are five times more likes shocked
Nigeria is doomed
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by butterfly777(m): 10:32am On Feb 21, 2020
People keep disturbing themselves about evolution when there is no single evidence to back the theory.
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by Optional09: 10:34am On Feb 21, 2020
the bible said everything was made in their own kind there is no local evidence of one animal to the other. dogs don’t give birth to wolfs neither does wolfs to dogs save me that fake analysis
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by Uyi168: 10:34am On Feb 21, 2020
dhardline:
Men will try everything possible to prove evolution right even though it has never been observed since man existed...
Without evolution, how do u explain Bacteria resistance to antibiotics that initially killed them in the past?

4 Likes

Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by Uyi168: 10:35am On Feb 21, 2020
Optional09:
the bible said everything was made in their own kind there is no local evidence of one animal to the other. dogs don’t give birth to wolfs neither does wolfs to dogs save me that fake analysis
Relax..
These are the same sets of people that brought the bible to you..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by BedLam: 10:41am On Feb 21, 2020
dhardline:
Don't be daft!
I will give you an example of evolution...

Long before now, chloroquine was used to treat malaria and it worked but that same chloroquine is no more working. What do you think happened?
let me help you; that's evolution right there. Mosquitos evolved and so did the parasites.
This is why most mosquito killers aren't working.
There are numerous examples of everyday evolution around us if you are keen to observe.

If you have counter claims, conduct a research and publish.

1 Like

Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by Cti28(m): 10:43am On Feb 21, 2020
Uyi168:
Without evolution, how do u explain Bacteria resistance to antibiotics that initially killed them in the past?
I think you fail to understand what evolution is all about. What u said, is adaptation and not evolution.
So many of the things presented by this Scientist and researchers are all false.

3 Likes

Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by Ajsmart(m): 10:43am On Feb 21, 2020
It’s actually very annoying. They’ll fix a date as if they and their great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grand fathers were present back then. Then some foolish half-brained Africans with inferiority complex will start echoing the same jargons as their European masters just as they did with the Tyrannosaur.

NaijaMutant:
28500 years shocked

Like, if you think carbon dating is a scam grin

Share, if you think otherwise undecided
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by BedLam: 10:45am On Feb 21, 2020
Cti28:

I think you fail to understand what evolution is all about. What u said, is adaptation and not evolution.
So many of the things presented by this Scientist and researchers are all false.
bacterias evolve to adapt. You can't just adapt as an original.

3 Likes

Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by Uyi168: 10:45am On Feb 21, 2020
Cti28:

That's what evolution is all about, adaptation..
Read it up and you'll get a better understanding..
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by sofiscatedmoron: 10:45am On Feb 21, 2020
The way Afonja
Evolved from monkeys

2 Likes

Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by Uyi168: 10:46am On Feb 21, 2020
BedLam:
Beautiful..
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by BedLam: 10:47am On Feb 21, 2020
Cti28:

The likes of you though. Why not conduct your own research, publish it and then come out with counter claims? There's something called peer review.
This means scientists of other nationals can carry out same experiment to find out if it's false or not.
I bet nuclear weapons are false too.

2 Likes

Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by y3mi(m): 10:57am On Feb 21, 2020
Uyi168:
True to that, and more still...these unthinking lots don't understand evolution is not some magical act as it foolish to reason a million years of evolutionary process is just like witnessing a caterpillar morphing into a butterfly, even that in itself doesn't occur magically. It's a slow process.

Uyi168:
Relax..
These are the same sets of people that brought the bible to you..
Ignore those ignoramus. However, it was actually a different set, not the same sets of whites...one came lying with the book of lies (Bible) to work their emotions, while some other came with books of enlightenment (science) to arouse their dead intellect. The worst set were the european colonialists and the Arab jihadists.

2 Likes

Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by Uyi168: 11:01am On Feb 21, 2020
y3mi:

True to that, and more still...these unthinking lots don't understand evolution is not some magical act as it foolish to reason a million years of evolutionary process is just like witnessing a caterpillar morphing into a butterfly, even that in itself doesn't occur magically. It's a slow process.

Ignore those ignoramus. However, it was actually a different set, not the same sets of whites...one came lying with the book of lies (Bible) to work their emotions, while some other came with books of enlightenment (science) to arouse their dead intellect. The worst set were the european colonialists and the Arab jihadists.
True..
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by y3mi(m): 11:04am On Feb 21, 2020
BedLam:
Bacterias like all other micro-organism DON'T evolve to adapt, adptation is a part of every evolutionary process.
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by Lanretoye(m): 11:04am On Feb 21, 2020
28,500 years,bomb dey una head.
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by dhardline(m): 11:13am On Feb 21, 2020
BedLam:
Don't be daft!
I will give you an example of evolution...

Long before now, chloroquine was used to treat malaria and it worked but that same chloroquine is no more working. What do you think happened?
let me help you; that's evolution right there. Mosquitos evolved and so did the parasites.
This is why most mosquito killers aren't working.
There are numerous examples of everyday evolution around us if you are keen to observe.

If you have counter claims, conduct a research and publish.

Not unexpexted from the average Nigerian as basic discourse always involve insults even though they might just be wrong.

If what you say is what you have personally observed and not made to belive by popular media I would have given a nod in agreement but I'm sure that's not the case. That is obviously what they want you to believe and force down your throats.
Mutation is not Evolution.

Read
https://evolutionnews.org/2015/02/no_despite_ofte/

https://www.reactgroup.org/toolbox/understand/antibiotic-resistance/mutation-and-selection/

1 Like

Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by Ola17: 11:15am On Feb 21, 2020
AkpaMgbor:
As an agricultural engineer I believe in science BUT evolution is one aspect of science I call Bullshyt..

Science isn’t a belief system that requires you to ‘believe in’ it.

Jeez!

1 Like

Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by dhardline(m): 11:16am On Feb 21, 2020
michlins:
evolution is happening right now. Thing is that it would only be observed after a very long time cause that's when the changes will become obvious. Take for instance,not many men will walk kilometers. It seem like nothing but thousands of years from now, the last man that walked on foot will be celebrated by archaeologists

You said exactly what I said. As long as it has not been observed it's just a unfounded theory.
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by Kennitrust(m): 11:18am On Feb 21, 2020
On Searching spree grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fisherman Discovers Rare Nine-legged Octopus After He Boiled It For Dinner (pix) / Man Shocked As Water Mysteriously Gushes Out From Suspended Kettle In Ogun (vid) / DearMoon Mission: Meet The First Nigerian Man Going To The Moon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.