Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban (22417 Views)

Air Peace Suspends Dubai Flights Over Visa Ban On Nigerians / FG Tackles UAE Over Visa Ban, Flight Restriction / Lady Appeals To Canada To Reduce Skilled Immigration Approval For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban by Mistaicey2288: 5:36pm On Feb 21, 2020
Mtcheeww
Re: Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban by mrkings84(m): 5:36pm On Feb 21, 2020
No way, we are ok with it. To hell US and ur VISA
Re: Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban by Judithjovial(f): 5:37pm On Feb 21, 2020
safex:
beggy-beggy government cool undecided
lol and Americans hate begging
Re: Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban by Gabkosh: 5:38pm On Feb 21, 2020
Trump should not listen o. They are begging because them no fit send their overpampered children there again.
Re: Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban by kechywillz(m): 5:38pm On Feb 21, 2020
The more reason US will find a way to ban Nigeria at any slightest provocation is when u start begging them than trying to find a way to develop your country and doing that needful for ur citizens

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban by shogsman(m): 5:40pm On Feb 21, 2020
Stupid people with no honor or commitment to better their own,begging up and down,if not for your shitty administration the USA will not have enforced a strict visa policy on the country.
Re: Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban by mmsen: 5:41pm On Feb 21, 2020
Nonsense.

Instead of these imbeciles to make their own country better they're crying to be allowed entry into another man's home.

The Americans should widen and prolong the ban.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban by ecowas: 5:42pm On Feb 21, 2020
gaetano:
If una Wan appeal, get someone like your minister of foreign affairs or someone that looks presentable, not AL qaeda looking aregbeshola. sad

Seconded

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban by Inspired227(m): 5:43pm On Feb 21, 2020
Nigeria my country

follow the link below to watch video and find out how I bank at least 35k daily with this wonderful software. no jokes

http:///2vWH1jm
Re: Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban by Nadio2019: 5:43pm On Feb 21, 2020
Hypocrisy.
Not when Nigeria's govt train and sponsor ISWA terrorists to make NIGERIA an Islamic country to be governed with Islamic Sharia criminal laws.
PMB boasted in Kaduna in 2001 that he would not stop until Sharia criminal laws are used all over Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban by mrkings84(m): 5:45pm On Feb 21, 2020
Inspired227:
Nigeria my country

follow the link below to watch video and find out how I bank at least 35k daily with this wonderful software. no jokes

Your fada... No be only 35k u dey bank daily....
Re: Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban by AreaFada2: 5:45pm On Feb 21, 2020
They should tighten it for the political looters and allow ordinary people travel.
Re: Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban by foreshore(m): 5:47pm On Feb 21, 2020
LosC:
The Nigerian Government on Thursday urged the United States of America to consider the long standing relationship between the two countries and reverse its visa restrictions on the country.

Ministry of Interior Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, made the call on Thursday, when the American Ambassador to Nigeria, Mary Leonard, and her team paid him a visit in Abuja.

Aregebsola said Nigeria had complied with most of the issues of concern raised by America, adding that Nigeria is not a pariah nation.

The minister said the cooperation with the U.S. would solve Immigration and Consular issues in control of persons seeking to enter both countries through issuance of visa, passport and other travel documents.

According to Aregbesola , Nigeria should be commended rather than sanctioned owing to relationship with America.

He further appealed to the U.S. to review its Visa Validity to Nigerians from two years limit to at least five years

He also urged U.S. to establish a third office in Nigeria in reciprocity with the country which has establishments in Atlanta, New York and Washington D.C.

Aregebsola emphasised the need for both countries to strengthen the Security Governance Initiative between his Ministry and American Embassy through proper enlightenment and awareness creation.

The minister added that the relationship between both nations must be mutually beneficial.

He gave assurance that the President Muhammadu Buhari Administration was not only committed to ensuring internal security and citizenship integrity of Nigerians and foreigners alike, but also to the fight against terrorism and transnational crimes and criminalities.

‘’We are positive that visa restriction is a temporary one, it will soon be put behind us.

“President Muhammadu Buhari would commission the Nigeria Immigration Data Technology Centre before the end of the year 2020, as part of the Federal Government’s commitment to ensuring that her data is linked with security agencies globally.”

Earlier, the envoy said her team was in the Ministry to share ideas on possible ways of addressing Information sharing gap between the two nation.

Leonard added that America had a very broad collaboration with Nigeria, which covers immigration, safety issues and security.

The envoy gave assurance of her country’s determination to continue to collaborate with Nigeria, so as to further strengthen their relationship.

https://dailypost.ng/2020/02/20/nigerian-govt-appeals-to-u-s-over-visa-ban/

Its high time we are banned totally and all Nigerian deported from USA
Re: Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban by Talentempire: 6:00pm On Feb 21, 2020
I pray America never listen to them
They should ban this useless politicians
That will use government money to go there just to shit or
Charge phones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnQtkB1TCQo
Re: Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban by rinzaugustine: 6:01pm On Feb 21, 2020
Obviously they have not followed the first guideline on security information sharing and now the Ambassador had to go and meet this man to explain more on same guideline People who are in position of authority of a country cannot understand simple guideline..smh
Re: Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban by collarfreak(m): 6:02pm On Feb 21, 2020
Onipalalapala

Today, I was helping my wife cook beans because she was going out to an event. She dressed up wearing her newest Ankara. As I finished washing the beans, I poured the washing water outside through the backyard door. I did not know my wife passing. The whole beans water poured on her new Ankara. I expected her to quarrel and shout. She just went inside and changed to something else.

I then asked her why she isn't angry. She said in our 12 years of marriage, this was the first time I made her wet. I just feel like trekking overnight to anywhere. [/b][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban by mykelswa(m): 6:04pm On Feb 21, 2020
When we open our borders to AL African countries and give shelter to bokoharam who are from Niger and now they want to pay dem monthly. Nobody will take us seriously

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban by 8stargeneral: 6:11pm On Feb 21, 2020
Trump bless don't listen to them.
Re: Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban by Adgideon(m): 6:19pm On Feb 21, 2020
The ifa priest
Re: Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban by Cantonese: 6:24pm On Feb 21, 2020
Those who go to equity must have clean hands. First open the borders to surrounding countries and then beg the US to lift the ban on your country.

Now una see say man pass man.
Re: Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban by galaxy2020(m): 6:26pm On Feb 21, 2020
I pray they reject their pleas, I hope the dullard was banned too?
...why can't they stay in their own country and make it attractive?
Re: Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban by Xclusiveme: 6:44pm On Feb 21, 2020
destiny322:
I'm saving money to travel out... By God's grace, I'll only return to this naija only when I'm old grin

Pls when u have traveled and obtain a green card, i would like to be adopted oo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:45pm On Feb 21, 2020
same as a dog barking at a wall...
Re: Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban by OKETARIBO243(m): 6:48pm On Feb 21, 2020
NIGERIA was once a great country but we make it bad

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban by LosC: 6:49pm On Feb 21, 2020
gaetano:
If una Wan appeal, get someone like your minister of foreign affairs or someone that looks presentable, not AL qaeda looking aregbeshola. sad

Lol..
Chai...

Legendary line: Al-Qaeda

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban by Stallion93(m): 6:50pm On Feb 21, 2020
Things like this ban should make NigeriaNs Realize how much of A parasite We are to the Rest of the world Courtesy of All past and present leaders, And so; The need to Repent and Focus on becoming relevant for once in a lifetime, If not for the present time at least gor posterity sake. We have nothing to negotiate with, nothing to compromise with, we are at the mercy of These advanced countries and Worst of it all is our Politicans are shameless, they don’t care, they keep stealing and keep begging. Of course they will appeal because the ban affects them too. Very selfish people. After all the Years of slavery, all the dehumanization by the so called Demonic whites, we still beg them as of 2020 to be allowed into their heavenly territory. We still beg for Aids, we beg for advice on economic matters, we literally go to them for everything then why not just allow them Come here and manage everything??!
Re: Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban by 0taPiaPia(m): 7:26pm On Feb 21, 2020
They might even increase the ban since terrorists are now being recycled in the name of whatever.. madness at its peak.. undecided
Re: Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban by JWhite2Deep: 7:40pm On Feb 21, 2020
ednut1:
who is we. No go find how to japa

LOL. I don laugh sotay I nearly touch something abominable. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Sad And Funny Lagos Experience / Airpeace Defends allegation of Fare Disparity In Parts Of The Country / Drug Trafficking, Fraudulent Activities Responsible For Visa Ban - Seychelles VP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.