Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,788 members, 7,851,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:18 AM

What Are The Odds? - A Short Novel - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Are The Odds? - A Short Novel (320 Views)

Best Short Novel (story For Teenagers) / Beating The Odds - Crazy Action Thriller / Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Odds? - A Short Novel by LePrezident(m): 1:40pm On Feb 21, 2020
Somewhere I can't remember, I remember an untold tale about a mortal who wanted to do nothing but be against the odds... traditional odds, cultural odds. As expected or can be predicted in a minor community, everyone would love to be hailed or fight for an audience, be known for achievements or be given privileges especially from the supreme, whatever the case, obviously honourable, except...

The atmosphere was filled with a thick fog. It was assumed to be there because it was an early hour and it stayed more than it should ideally. It did not however prevent this damsel from doing whatever she had to do. This weather caused almost all the maidens to skip some of their morning chores, but not BB. BB cleaned the medium-sized compound before her parents hut like a normal day. The fog reduced visibility for her, but she's been doing this for as long as she can remember, as such she knew the corners of her home like her own name... she could even do it with her eyes closed.

As the day became less foggy, she hid her eagerness and excitement as she cleared her father's table after he had consumed all the she had served him. And just as she was about to exit home, she heard her grandmother call, but she played deaf and run off into her aim, which was as impatient as herself.

Soon she reached her destination, the most peaceful place she's ever known, somewhere she'd choose over the heavens, the arms of the man she loved.

"Why did you make me miss you?" she pouted. "But I got here before you," KK said smiling from cheek-to-cheek. They discussed their day between pleasantries, compliments, smiles and hugs. KK then began moving his palms closer to BB's behind... then came a shout "hei!"... Both startled!

Get the full story from Facebook here; https://www.facebook.com/BelleAdiepena/?view_public_for=112711120281043

Attn; Obinnau Divepen1 Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Have You At A Time Fought And Permanently Defeated Procrastination? / I Need Tips On Self-publishing And Sales Strategy. (Answered) / The Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.