Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,505 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES - Agriculture (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES (141758 Views)

My Experience Cultivating 10 Hecters (25 Acres) Of Maize Farm Land / Cost Of Cultivating Cassava Farm On An Hectare / Cost Of Cultivating 1 Hectare Of Okra & Pepper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:51am On Oct 29, 2022
aquadude15:

Baba, can I plant december
for me personally it doesn't Worth it, yield and price will be low and expensive high!
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by johnnyblaze424: 9:12pm On Oct 29, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
for me personally it doesn't Worth it, yield and price will be low and expensive high!

Boss, what then is the best time to start nursery (having in mind that the target is high yield and high price)
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by OluchiDelly: 1:39am On Oct 30, 2022
johnnyblaze424:

Boss, what then is the best time to start nursery (having in mind that the target is high yield and high price)

Tom is one of the very few veggies that command better price during raining season. Most northern farmers shift attention to grow more of grains during raining season.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Oludammy2030(m): 6:27am On Oct 30, 2022
Hello, you can contact me for your East West seeds

Price - 4400 (5g)

0705 220 5810

I Need this
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Oludammy2030(m): 6:43am On Oct 30, 2022
How mush is the price sir??

Farmerakinloye6:
to guide the way herbicide come out from the nozzle of your water spray pump, if you are not expert in spraying.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by pathology(m): 7:58am On Oct 30, 2022
thanks,
I am transplanting in few days time

Farmerakinloye6:
between 11-12k stand if you are going 30cm by 1.2m. hope you are not transplanting this year again?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by mcyemite(m): 6:13pm On Oct 30, 2022
my senior farmers in the house , good day to you all..please i need your help once again....my tomatoes are close to the harvesting/marketing stage,please how do i approach this stage.

1)At what stage should i harvest the fruit,should i wait till its fully ripe or not....(platinum)
2)which is better taking to the market or bringing the buyers to the farm..

pls what are the dos and dont of this stage... i am relying on you all for professional advise thank you..
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 11:49am On Oct 31, 2022
johnnyblaze424:

starting from February 15.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 11:50am On Oct 31, 2022
Oludammy2030:

Hello, you can contact me for your East West seeds

Price - 4400 (5g)

0705 220 5810

I Need this
you mean diva or what cultivar? Hope it see and buy?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 11:51am On Oct 31, 2022
Oludammy2030:
How mush is the price sir??

go to opposite high court Akure you will see it buy.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 11:52am On Oct 31, 2022
pathology:
thanks,
I am transplanting in few days time

ready to irrigate and battle whiteflies. Good luck!
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 11:54am On Oct 31, 2022
mcyemite:
my senior farmers in the house , good day to you all..please i need your help once again....my tomatoes are close to the harvesting/marketing stage,please how do i approach this stage.

1)At what stage should i harvest the fruit,should i wait till its fully ripe or not....(platinum)
2)which is better taking to the market or bringing the buyers to the farm..

pls what are the dos and dont of this stage... i am relying on you all for professional advise thank you..
1. Wait till fully ripe. 2. Taking to the market, trust me! if you sell at home you will be short change!
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 11:57am On Oct 31, 2022
Tomato is like sand today in market...I sold diva 8k, plantinum 6k,5.5k and 5k.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by pathology(m): 1:25pm On Oct 31, 2022
please what's harvesting cycle for platinum f1
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by pathology(m): 1:54pm On Oct 31, 2022
I just bought this now @9k, 10gramms, hope it's not too expensive

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by mcyemite(m): 3:55pm On Oct 31, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
1. Wait till fully ripe. 2. Taking to the market, trust me! if you sell at home you will be short change!
thank you so much...my issue now is theft, i am afraid that ripe tomatoes will attract thieves...and secondly how to penetrate the market..
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Masabannyc(m): 3:14pm On Nov 01, 2022
Where is your location?

mcyemite:

thank you so much...my issue now is theft, i am afraid that ripe tomatoes will attract thieves...and secondly how to penetrate the market..
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by mcyemite(m): 8:07pm On Nov 01, 2022
Ota,ogun state..
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by mcyemite(m): 8:09pm On Nov 01, 2022
Masabannyc:
Where is your location?

Ota,ogun state..
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 12:12pm On Nov 02, 2022
pathology:
I just bought this now @9k, 10gramms, hope it's not too expensive
it is cheap. Where do you buy it?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 12:15pm On Nov 02, 2022
Hmmm... northern tomato never start to enter and price going down almost every day.. Plantinum is between 6-5k today why diva 6.5-7k.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by aquadude15: 1:23pm On Nov 02, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
Hmmm... northern tomato never start to enter and price going down almost every day.. Plantinum is between 6-5k today why diva 6.5-7k.
Weldone boss.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by mcyemite(m): 7:19pm On Nov 02, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
Like when is hausa tomato likely to hit southwest market?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:40am On Nov 05, 2022
mcyemite:

Like when is hausa tomato likely to hit southwest market?
anytime from now, they will dominate by December- February. grade 1 plantinum is between 6.5k-5k today and diva 6.5-7.5k depend on your bargaining skills.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by pathology(m): 3:51pm On Nov 05, 2022
in KANO
Farmerakinloye6:
it is cheap. Where do you buy it?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by pathology(m): 3:55pm On Nov 05, 2022
which disease is dis and treatment pls

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 11:54am On Nov 09, 2022
pathology:
it look like fungi... spray fungicide in the evening.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 12:35pm On Nov 09, 2022
E don embarassed Red... price today range between 5k-4k embarassed. E full ground yesterday and today no be small!

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by mencer(m): 6:20pm On Nov 10, 2022
Remove or prune the affected leaves and dispose far from the plantation.
pathology:
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Olajobi4real: 7:19pm On Nov 10, 2022
Good evening my fellow farmers my tomatoes dey die oo my research say nah bacteria wilt oo how will I correct it

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Ayobami3310c(m): 8:28pm On Nov 10, 2022
Ah just scrap it if half have been infected...I can't advice you to keep spending again....next time choose variety that resistance to bacteria wilt to have peace of mind
Olajobi4real:
Good evening my fellow farmers my tomatoes dey die oo my research say nah bacteria wilt oo how will I correct it
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ublight: 8:07am On Nov 11, 2022
ideepaul:

It's partly because it overstayed!
Tomato 8k for crate? Why the price low like that?

Ideepaul happy new year that is about to end. How are u? Please do u know anything about greenhouse farming?

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (69) (Reply)

Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds / A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.