Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,694 members, 7,823,949 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES - Agriculture (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES (141875 Views)

My Experience Cultivating 10 Hecters (25 Acres) Of Maize Farm Land / Cost Of Cultivating Cassava Farm On An Hectare / Cost Of Cultivating 1 Hectare Of Okra & Pepper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by betabread: 3:40pm On Jan 20, 2023
How do u deal with muddy water from stream when the rain starts, at my place i can tell rains have started in far away places by the muddiness of my water , it might rain for weeks in other location while my location might need watering but the stream i use would be extremely muddy..... how do u deal with muddy streams
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ideepaul: 8:04am On Jan 23, 2023
betabread:
How do u deal with muddy water from stream when the rain starts, at my place i can tell rains have started in far away places by the muddiness of my water , it might rain for weeks in other location while my location might need watering but the stream i use would be extremely muddy..... how do u deal with muddy streams
buy a pump filter...just know it will reduce your pressure slightly
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by pathology(m): 11:57am On Jan 23, 2023
pls is this black pipe three quarter inch

mcyemite:
Land preparation has started over here,working towards starting nursery on 15th of February just like our boss said....

2023 must obey..
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by mcyemite(m): 5:11pm On Jan 23, 2023
pathology:
pls is this black pipe three quarter inch

it's a drip tape,not a pipe...
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Mandem05: 5:03am On Jan 24, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
#4000-#5000 per kilo depend on your location
Boss how much is cocopeat now please.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by solarized: 10:49am On Jan 24, 2023
Hi bosses in the house,
What will be the recommended height for the trellis poles for Platinum F1 and distance between them?
Can I stake it as done in my Cucumbers?
Thank you.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 12:04pm On Jan 24, 2023
Mandem05:

Boss how much is cocopeat now please.
5kg is now 6k for original ones in my area.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 12:10pm On Jan 24, 2023
solarized:
Hi bosses in the house,
What will be the recommended height for the trellis poles for Platinum F1 and distance between them?
Can I stake it as done in my Cucumbers?
Thank you.
the height should be 1.8meter why distance between poles should be 90cm. Some people do it like cucumber but I don't do my own like that.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 24, 2023
ONE ACRE OF TOMATO COLLABORATION

Who is interested in colabo? Lets put resources together and run an ACRE OF TOMATO WITH IRRIGATION. IF U ARE INTERESTED WE CAN CREATE A THREAD OF FORM A WHATSAPP GROUP FOR THAT AND TRY TO RUN IT TOGETHER?
A maximum of 10-20 pple so the risk can be minimised and have the chance of putting our knowledge acquired to practice.

send me a message through my whatsapp number in my signature and u ll be send a group invite. I couldnt post the group link here on nairaland cos its not allowing me to do so
We will discuss all details in the group.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by solarized: 8:43am On Jan 25, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
the height should be 1.8meter why distance between poles should be 90cm. Some people do it like cucumber but I don't do my own like that.

Thanks for your prompt response.
Poles for my cukes are 3m apart to save bamboo cost.
I'll try your recommendation on a part and use 3m on some other parts to see which will be suitable (pocket-wise grin)
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Olajobi4real: 5:54pm On Jan 25, 2023
[quote author=Konquest post=120036559][/quote]
Sir, when did u sell the tomatoes @12500
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Olajobi4real: 12:00pm On Jan 28, 2023
Hello everyone what seed will u recommend for this year. Thanks
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 01, 2023
We have the following items for sale:

1) Drip irrigation drips for sale 1500m by 50cm spacing . - 65000 each
2) Greengo f1 seeds (high yielding cucumber hybrid seed)- 15,000 each per sachet (1000 seeds)
3) Diva F1 ( tomato hybrid seed) -7000 naira /sachet
4) Padma F1(tomato hybrid seed)- 7000/ sachet 5g
5) Padma F1(tomato hybrid seed)- 13000/ sachet 10g
6) Platinum F1 (tomato hybrid seed) 10,000/sachet
7) Dap fertilizer 29000 for 50kg

Contact through the whatsapp contact in signature below
or reply to this thread. Items can be shipped to anywhere in Nigeria but u take care of the cost.
Thanks
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by mcyemite(m): 9:37am On Feb 04, 2023
Hey guys ,a friend of mine is experiencing this with his tomatoes that are still in nursery...

I need recommendations pls..
@oluchidelly
@farmerakinloye6
@ideepaul

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 5:23pm On Feb 04, 2023
mcyemite:
Hey guys ,a friend of mine is experiencing this with his tomatoes that are still in nursery...

@oluchidelly
@farmerakinloye6
@ideepaul
look like the seedlings need nutrient, add little npk 15 15 15( very little, if possible count 4 to each seedling) to it

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by mcyemite(m): 5:29pm On Feb 04, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
look like the seedlings need nutrient, add little npk 15 15 15( very little, if possible count 4 to each seedling) to it

Thank you mentor
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 5:43pm On Feb 04, 2023
mcyemite:

Thank you mentor
mentor ๐Ÿคจ...abeg nah learner I be. Please don't use 20:10:10 that is why I bold 15:15:15. Also, get insecticide that has imidacloprid has ingredient because whitefly will still be very active when your tomato will be ready for transplanting. Good luck sir ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Masabannyc(m): 10:34pm On Feb 04, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
mentor ๐Ÿคจ...abeg nah learner I be. Please don't use 20:10:10 that is why I bold 15:15:15. Also, get insecticide that has imidacloprid has ingredient because whitefly will still be very active when your tomato will be ready for transplanting. Good luck sir ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช.

20 10 10 works well with it as well. We do use that always and the results are excellent. Thanks.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ideepaul: 8:42am On Feb 05, 2023
mcyemite:

@oluchidelly
@farmerakinloye6
@ideepaul
In addition to what my oga @farmerakinyole6 said about nutrients, you could use a water soluble fertilizer in very very small doses while watering, pls very small doses o! And pls always use sterilised materials for your nursery as your plants may have been infected, nothing you can really do about it as most times it doesn't affect your transplanted crops too badly, but prevention of calamity is better than cure

2 Likes

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by mcyemite(m): 10:04am On Feb 05, 2023
ideepaul:

In addition to what my oga @farmerakinyole6 said about nutrients, you could use a water soluble fertilizer in very very small doses while watering, pls very small doses o! And pls always use sterilised materials for your nursery as your plants may have been infected, nothing you can really do about it as most times it doesn't affect your transplanted crops too badly, but prevention of calamity is better than cure
thanks senior man...I always appreciate your contribution to my queries....
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by jendor123: 8:15pm On Feb 05, 2023
modestypii:
@farmerakinloye God bless your work, you are truly an inspiration. I'm also working on my tomato farm thanks to your wealth of knowledge.

Besides, I have the following inputs and materials for sale for interested buyers:
Drip tape, npk 20:10:10, urea, D.I grow and seed planter...all at reduced price.
Location is Ibadan.
Contact me via my signature.
Thanks

Can I see the picture of your seed planter and how much are you selling?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Avuu2204(f): 11:59pm On Feb 05, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
It will definitely be a 5-6month journey. I actually did the nursery on 15th of February 2020 with nursery tray and cocopeat.

@farmerakinloye thanks for the great effort you put towards educating everyone and sharing your knowledge.

My question:
Do you buy buffered coco peat? If yes, is there any other treatment you do before planting?
Also where do you buy from?

Iโ€™ve heard some vendors sell fake cocopeat as buffered and the tomatoes end up dying.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Chidiebubeoji: 3:10pm On Feb 06, 2023
Please how much is 1000m drip tape?
efuks:
We have the following items for sale:

1) Drip irrigation drips for sale 1500m by 50cm spacing . - 65000 each
2) Greengo f1 seeds (high yielding cucumber hybrid seed)- 15,000 each per sachet (1000 seeds)
3) Diva F1 ( tomato hybrid seed) -7000 naira /sachet
4) Padma F1(tomato hybrid seed)- 7000/ sachet 5g
5) Padma F1(tomato hybrid seed)- 13000/ sachet 10g
6) Platinum F1 (tomato hybrid seed) 10,000/sachet
7) Dap fertilizer 29000 for 50kg

Contact through the whatsapp contact in signature below
or reply to this thread. Items can be shipped to anywhere in Nigeria but u take care of the cost.
Thanks
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Nobody: 12:48pm On Feb 07, 2023
we dont sell 1000m, a bundle is either 1500m or 2000m
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Simfglobal: 4:45pm On Feb 07, 2023
jendor123:

Can I see the picture of your seed planter and how much are you selling?

The planter is very strong, it's the type that the spring don't get damaged by soil easily, because they are covered with plastics It's goes for 75k, negotiable when you are ready sir.

Drip accessories are also available for those who need them for irrigation this season.

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:13am On Feb 09, 2023
Avuu2204:

@farmerakinloye thanks for the great effort you put towards educating everyone and sharing your knowledge.

My question:
Do you buy buffered coco peat? If yes, is there any other treatment you do before planting?
Also where do you buy from?

Iโ€™ve heard some vendors sell fake cocopeat as buffered and the tomatoes end up dying.
I don't know which one is buffered, just tell the agro seller you want original one, the difference is like 1k. The Day I took my vexination ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿคฃ to our major agro dealer here, plus rubbing his name to mud among my colleagues for wasting my money and time is the day he stop selling the fake one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Avuu2204(f): 9:30pm On Feb 09, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
Diva, I will be doing pruning, and put third line by next week.

Please how many bundles of twine do you use to optimally stake 10g of Platinum or say a plot?
I am budgeting for tomato project.

Thanks
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:55am On Feb 12, 2023
Avuu2204:

Please how many bundles of twine do you use to optimally stake 10g of Platinum or say a plot?
I am budgeting for tomato project.

Thanks
just buy two bundle of 80 pieces, you will not use it finish.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by bassey25(m): 12:12am On Feb 14, 2023
Bosses , please when using coco MN least t how many 128 hole seedling trays can a block of Coco peat fill.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:47am On Feb 14, 2023
bassey25:
Bosses , please when using coco MN least t how many 128 hole seedling trays can a block of Coco peat fill.
I don't know coco MN, but if you mean 5kg cocopeat block, it range between 19-21 seedlings tray (depend)
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by solarized: 3:37pm On Feb 14, 2023
in the absence of SAAF, can fungu force be used?
the agro dealer I checked is not having SAAF but Skywalk and Fungu Force.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 3:58pm On Feb 14, 2023
solarized:
in the absence of SAAF, can fungu force be used?
the agro dealer I checked is not having SAAF but Skywalk and Fungu Force.
I have drop SAAF since last year. I used fungus force through out last year, it has thesame active ingredient with SAAF.

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (69) (Reply)

Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds / A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna

Viewing this topic: Malcord(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.