Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

How Rogue Bloggers Are Making Money From Your Content At Your Expense - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Rogue Bloggers Are Making Money From Your Content At Your Expense (761 Views)

How Bloggers Are Paid. / Get Your Quality SEO Content At Cheaper Rate / War Against Content Theft: Nigerian Bloggers Are Now Disabling The Copy Feature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Rogue Bloggers Are Making Money From Your Content At Your Expense by whistleblowa(m): 10:27pm On Feb 21, 2020
I cannot begin to express how painful it is to create content only to wake up one day and find that some online thieves with good looking websites are copying them and making money from it.

Yes, they are making money from it. They have AdSense on those websites and some of them are even running private sponsorships off content they don't own.

I know there are many of them out there but I want to use one of them as an example here. You will also learn how to use Google in finding these content thieves and what to do about them.

I want you to know that when your readers are diverted your revenue is diverted too.

When people who are supposed to read from your site because of the good content you create stop to read duplicate content created by these thieves you lose those readers and as a result, you lose income. Let us take down these thieves that are diverting our revenue.

Here is how to find them

One of them is https://olajide.tv/. Whoever this is has copied several articles from my website.

I don't write the news kind of articles. I make intelligent articles and articles like these take time and sweat. You need to research and you need to be creative too. Putting in so much effort only to have someone copy them and distribute is really painful.

If you want to find out if your content has been copied, just do this.

Open one of your articles - I suggest you do this for several articles, not just one.

Copy some random phrase - make it long - as you can see in this image. It doesn't matter if they have full stops or commas in between.

Then search for it on Google but enclose the phrase with quotes. [View Images Below]

When you find them, don't rush. Just take a snapshot. You can also record it using an onscreen recorder if you have one. You can download Flash Back Express. It is a free onscreen recorder for PC.

Now you've nailed him. Just read the following article to learn what you need to do to take back control of your content: What To Do When Your Website Gets Copied

Take back your revenue

Do you know that when people who are supposed to be reading from you stop by a thief's website to read you lose traffic, as a result, you lose revenue? This is a nightmare for upcoming Bloggers and content creators.

There many of them. If we don't stop them now very soon we will have them in millions. Every single content creator in Nigeria is at risk.

Start checking your articles now. Check at least six items over a period of six months to be sure you are safe.

If you feel the pains of creativity, share this with the world. Share this on Facebook, Twitter, everywhere. Even on Forums and groups. Help spread the word.

Take down these content thieves! Let us take back our strayed visitors. Let us take back our readers. Let us take back our revenue. We created the content. We deserve to have them.

Please don't forget to share this article everywhere. Help spread the word.

Re: How Rogue Bloggers Are Making Money From Your Content At Your Expense by chatinent: 11:44pm On Feb 21, 2020
Report to DMCA. Google will place a ban on those plagiarist sites.

(1) (Reply)

I Can't Pay For Android Apps / I Need A Writer For My Blog (2 naira per word) / Look Some Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.