Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died (2727 Views)

Lady Mocks Her Friend Who Is Childless After 2 Years Of Marriage / A Married Mother Of 4 Had Sex With My Abroad Friend, Who's Her Ex Boyfriend / Woman Faints After Discovering That Her Husband Of 5 Years Had Died 11 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by Kelliebright(m): 4:44pm On Feb 22, 2020
Ghost story:

I saw a friend who I never knew he is Dead.

On 17th February 2020 I met someone who I knew in Vietnam (tho we are not too close friends but we are friends), he held me from behind oga Buchi…., then I turned and shouted “Willy” what are you doing here were are you coming from, he said he is coming from Portharcourt that he is going to Awka. This is happening in Upper Iweka Onitsha in front of Ifeanyichukwu Motors.

He brought out gold from his pocket, and told me to buy or help him to sell it. he told me he saved money with it to complete his mother’s house before raining season and they have other expenses in the village to do soon, he told me he bought it 4000 Dollars. I told him that am heading to main market, let’s go together but he insist I should collect the gold that he trust me. So my friend who is with me said I should collect it.

I told him to collect my number so he will call me by then I will tell him how much they are pricing it. He said he will get his phone if he gets to Awaka. He do not know his number off-head….. I went to a nearby shop and got a pen and wrote my number for him. He left in hurry.

Later in the day he did not call me, (even till now)… I was so worried my friends told me may be he stole it or someone wants to set me up with it, I was so scared I contacted another friend who is in Vietnam and I knew that he is a little bit closer to him, we chat he then told me Willy died on 11th January (our chat is below). I can not believe it, he helped me to get his people’s phone number. until on 18th I spoke with his mom (tho she was only shouting saying… Uchechi who do you leave me for).

I was able to speak with his aunty who is a Revrend Sister. She told me my Son God will bless you….. What is the Value of what he gave me…. I said 1.440.000 Naira…. She cried as she said again My son you will never lack. She started telling me that Uchechi (they call him) is the only son, he came back on November, he will be getting married on 15th January. They killed him because he came back with Lexus. Her mother is a primary school teach who manage to build the house to linter level, and train her 2 daughters.

She told me that his car tumbled over 5 times (as they were told) and he died at the spot on his way from there Village to Porthercout. She told me that he has gone to dream to tell his mother’s cousin to tell his mom that they should not bury him in their father’s family house that, there is where they planned for his death. He also mentioned one of his uncle and said he is the person that keeps him in this condition he is.

But her poor mom do not have money to roof and do some finishing work in that building. It kept making them sleepless night untill I called them to tell them about this. Which they did not believe till yesterday 20/2/20 I met with 5 Members of his mothers family, I tried to look for buyers who will make it bigger in value.

On 19th Someone connected me to one Mrs Uju Turkey…… She is traveling to Turkey for business soon she bought the gold at the cost of 1.450.000, we went to bank in Head Bridge yesterday afternoon and she send the money to his mothers account number not any other person as I directed base on what Willy said to me at Upper Iweka. Tho they showed me some of his pictures both the ones he took during his secondary and his OND days. I was fully convinced that she is his mother.

They told he he will be buried on March been next month.

My people this world is full of Mistry……
Uwa di imirimious…

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by tyup(m): 4:49pm On Feb 22, 2020
Always run from Village things......that's why I used to tell my parents anything that connects me with the village I'm not and never will be part of it

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by Omihanifa: 4:58pm On Feb 22, 2020
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

God bless the guy for not disappointing the dead

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by Winneygirl(f): 5:22pm On Feb 22, 2020
Happens a lot.
I usually think that when people die suddenly, when they were not sick or anything, they die in an accident and do not see it coming, it's hard for them to transition to the other world.
Their spirit lingers in this world while they seek to understand what has happened to them and attempt to still do things here.
It'll take a while, but they will eventually accept the fate and start to live in the other world.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by Davash222(m): 5:26pm On Feb 22, 2020
Let us wait for our over religious brethren to come and masturbate here.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by Vloml222(f): 5:28pm On Feb 22, 2020
Wish someone can see my father like this....hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by Neroiam(m): 5:35pm On Feb 22, 2020
undecided

I find these stories funny.. But people talk about them every now and then and it baffles me how a dead person would still take a physical form to walk the earth.

undecided

Well, Jesus did

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by Makavelli25: 5:43pm On Feb 22, 2020
Wowww God at work
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by money121(m): 6:32pm On Feb 22, 2020
Ok
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by tooth4tooth: 6:39pm On Feb 22, 2020
Very touching story. Even the dead can choose the right friend.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 22, 2020
Yes it happens a lot too.

I have heard lots of true life stories about it.

Life is a mystery, the most important thing is always be kind to people.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:00pm On Feb 22, 2020
Wow... angry
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by illicit(m): 7:04pm On Feb 22, 2020
if u don't believe this can happen,u shouldn't believe that Jesus rose too

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by pweeryambre: 7:20pm On Feb 22, 2020
Anything is possible shaa, i dont quickly doubt stories anymore after having a near death experience.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by passion007: 8:28pm On Feb 22, 2020
Lies and hallucinations are a favourite Nigerian pastime. grin
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by SmellingAnus(m): 8:40pm On Feb 22, 2020
Omihanifa:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

God bless the guy for not disappointing the dead
If na you after you hear say the guy don die, you go disappoint am? Lol ..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by Foodqueen(f): 9:04pm On Feb 22, 2020
As in, this happened to the op directly shocked
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by crackkhaus: 9:05pm On Feb 22, 2020
Anyone who doesn't believe that things like this do happen, is definitely still vibrating on the 3-D plane of human existence.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by passion007: 9:16pm On Feb 22, 2020
crackkhaus:
Anyone who doesn't believe that things like this do happen, is definitely still vibrating on the 3-D plane of human existence.

But why does it only happen in Nigeria.

I'm sure once CCTVs are more available in this country, these sort of stories would naturally vanish.

There's no evidence to them, just one drunk, confused or delirious man recounting his hallucinations, and a crowd of people, most educated, believing him without asking for the foggiest proof.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by zmpp(f): 9:18pm On Feb 22, 2020
the missing information in this tale is a proof that it is just a tale. let him say the village name of the dead Willy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by Adgideon(m): 9:54pm On Feb 22, 2020
If is true of which is not you did well, if not the ghost for give you hot slap, that is if is true of which is not, he gave you raw gold and you located for his pple to give it them that means you are a very good man, that is if the story is true of which is not
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by Nobody: 10:36pm On Feb 22, 2020
passion007:

I'm sure once CCTVs are more available in this country, these sort of stories would naturally vanish.

There's no evidence to them, just one drunk, confused or delirious man recounting his hallucinations, and a crowd of people, most educated, believing him without asking for the foggiest proof.

Search on Quora and you will find that these experiences are not limited to Africa alone.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by crackkhaus: 12:07am On Feb 23, 2020
passion007:

Who told you it happens only in Nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by crackkhaus: 12:10am On Feb 23, 2020
AllforJesus7:

Search on Quora and you will find that these experiences are not limited to Africa alone.
I didn't even see this before typing my response.

Even if the guy has never left the shores of Nigeria, I can't imagine he does not have access to information in this 21st century.

Paranormal activity is a science that some people dedicate their whole lives to study in western countries.
It's only in sub-saharan Africa that such things are explained away as impossible, or witchcraft.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by passion007: 12:19am On Feb 23, 2020
AllforJesus7:

LOL... As a mental exercise, I invite you to think of 5 possible ways those videos on Quora may have been doctored. And if you want, highlight one of them and we can xray it together
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by Pavore9: 12:23am On Feb 23, 2020
Foodqueen:
As in, this happened to the op directly shocked

No he copied it from a blog but pushed it as if it happened to him. angry
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by MrColdsweat: 12:31am On Feb 23, 2020
passion007:

Proofs are not enough.

If I walked up to you and showed you a picture of me lying in a casket dead and also showed you my own obituary, would you believe the proof that I'm dead?
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by MrColdsweat: 12:33am On Feb 23, 2020
crackkhaus:

Even if the guy has never left the shores of Nigeria, I can't imagine he does not have access to information in this 21st century.

Paranormal activity is a science that some people dedicate their whole lives to study in western countries.
It's only in sub-saharan Africa that such things are explained away as impossible, or witchcraft.
That's why i say science can make you closed-minded.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by passion007: 12:44am On Feb 23, 2020
MrColdsweat:
Proofs are not enough.

If I walked up to you and showed you a picture of me lying in a casket dead and also showed you my own obituary, would you believe the proof that I'm dead?
You and me are singing from the same song sheet, brother.
But obviously, in the scenario you've described, my proof would not be your obituary or you laid in a coffin. The proof of death is not by showing associations of death. The proof of death is absence of life, therefore have no pulse or breathing for 5 minutes and you better have a fixed pupil too before you can get me to believe you.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by MrColdsweat: 12:48am On Feb 23, 2020
passion007:

You and me are singing from the same song sheet, brother.
But obviously, in the scenario you've described, my proof would not be your obituary or you laid in a coffin. The proof of death is not by showing associations of death. The proof of death is absence of life, therefore have no pulse or breathing for 5 minutes and you better have a fixed pupil too before you can get me to believe you.
Then you believe in your personal experience and not the proof I present.

You cannot argue someone's experience with him. That man claims he saw a ghost. The truth is, there's absolutely no way to tell he's lying or not except you go back to the past to verify... Just keep an open mind.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by passion007: 12:49am On Feb 23, 2020
crackkhaus:

Youve failed to make a point after your rigmarole. You started off by establishing there are paranormal events, then you end up dismissing witchcraft, in the very next sentence. LOL.
Make up your mind, Crackkhaus.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by passion007: 12:55am On Feb 23, 2020
MrColdsweat:
Then you believe in your personal experience and not the proof I present.

You cannot argue someone's experience with him. That man claims he saw a ghost. The truth is, there's absolutely no way to tell he's lying or not except you go back to the past to verify... Just keep an open mind.

You're missing the point, totally.

The proof that he died is NOT his obituary, NOT his coffin. These are associations of death but by no means evidential.
By feeding you with associations, you're being tricked into believing the story.
The proof that I ate lunch is not a picture of food on my phone. The proof that I slept last night is not a ruffled bed. The proof that I smell nice is not a picture of me with a bottle of Issey Miyake.
See beyond the ruse you're being presented

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Have One Month Left To Live / Tattoos Idolising..... / Adultery Legalised In South Korea:- What Is The World Turning Into? NTA NEWS 24

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.