Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,979 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Codeigniter Issues - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Codeigniter Issues (900 Views)

What Features Of Codeigniter Beat Its Competitors In 2021? / Codeigniter Vs Wordpress – Make The Right Web Development Platform Selection / Codeigniter 3 Vs Php Laravel 5.8 : Which One Will You Go For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Codeigniter Issues by Crieff(m): 7:03pm On Feb 22, 2020
Bought a script on codecanyon 2 years ago. A school management system.

Installed it on subdomain: test.example.com

Installation url is test.example.com/install/step0 which leads to a 404 page, but when I add test.example.com/index.php/install/step0 it opens the installation screen but when I click on next, it goes to test.example.com/install/step1

What's going on? How do I make it load the right controller automatically? Script author won't help unless I buy support.

Please help.
Re: Codeigniter Issues by hollyfat(m): 9:38pm On Feb 22, 2020
Crieff:
Bought a script on codecanyon 2 years ago. A school management system.

Installed it on subdomain: test.example.com

Installation url is test.example.com/install/step0 which leads to a 404 page, but when I add test.example.com/index.php/install/step0 it opens the installation screen but when I click on next, it goes to test.example.com/install/step1

What's going on? How do I make it load the right controller automatically? Script author won't help unless I buy support.

Please help.

You need to update your htaccess
Re: Codeigniter Issues by Crieff(m): 9:48pm On Feb 22, 2020
hollyfat:

You need to update your htaccess

Actually, got it to work by updating the htaccess. However, when I login after setting up the database connection, i get a http 500 error. The error is coming from the most updated version of the script so I reverted to the one i bought 2 years ago which is still working since I will have to turn the work in for the client. I will move the current script to a test server and fix this. Will update this thread. Thanks hollyfat.
Re: Codeigniter Issues by Ayemileto(m): 11:05pm On Feb 22, 2020
Crieff:

Actually, got it to work by updating the htaccess. However, when I login after setting up the database connection, i get a http 500 error. The error is coming from the most updated version of the script so I reverted to the one i bought 2 years ago which is still working since I will have to turn the work in for the client. I will move the current script to a test server and fix this. Will update this thread. Thanks hollyfat.

You can turn on error reporting in the codeigniter script by changing the environment to development instead of production.

With that you will easily see what's causing the HTTP 500 error.

There's chances the error is being caused by some PHP functions used in the script that have been deprecated in your PHP version.

You know, even PHP 7.3 is different from PHP 7.4 as some functions available in 7.3 have been deprecated in 7.4.

So the error might not be that serious, it may be something you can fix in less than 1hr.
Re: Codeigniter Issues by Crieff(m): 12:16am On Feb 23, 2020
Ayemileto:

You can turn on error reporting in the codeigniter script by changing the environment to development instead of production.

With that you will easily see what's causing the HTTP 500 error.

There's chances the error is being caused by some PHP functions used in the script that have been deprecated in your PHP version.

You know, even PHP 7.3 is different from PHP 7.4 as some functions available in 7.3 have been deprecated in 7.4.

So the error might not be that serious, it may be something you can fix in less than 1hr.

Thanks for that pointer. Didn't think of that...was checking the error logs a parse syntax error of an unexpected T_string...? Will look at it again today.
Re: Codeigniter Issues by excanny: 11:00pm On Feb 25, 2020
Reach me on 07030595988, let me fix it for you.

(1) (Reply)

School Result Checking Portal Script / Interesting Offer / Firebird Gurus Pls Help:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.