Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Electric Car Is The Future. ICE Cars Will Be Banned From 2027 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Electric Car Is The Future. ICE Cars Will Be Banned From 2027 (2365 Views)

Diesel And Petrol Vehicles May Be Banned In The Next 10 Years In Nigeria / Mercedes-Benz Unveils It's 1st All-electric Car,It Will Go 200mi On Full Charge / Dumb Cars Will Be Dead In The Long Run. Only Smart Cars Will Survive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Electric Car Is The Future. ICE Cars Will Be Banned From 2027 by Frunkla(m): 2:24pm On Feb 23, 2020
Am new on this forum and notice nobody is talking about Electric vehicles here. I live and work in German auto industry, so perhaps that's why I am much more informed on this topic than my friends back home in Nigeria.

Electric cars will be the future of automobile transportation as most Western counties have set a ban date for ICE cars (internal combustion engine, cars that run on Diesel and Petrol).

Why this is not a big topic in Nigeria is still beyond me. We have access to Sunlight that Europe, but yet we are not harnessing the power of Sun. Sure I understand Africa is way behind in terms of technology, but Rome wasn't built in a day. We need to talk more about the future of the next generation and help protect the environment.

Where are the African entrepreneurs?. What is going on?.

I founded http://frunkla.com/ to help spread the world of Tesla, a Battery powered electric vehicle that is revolutionizing the automobile industry. I find it disappointing that most people are talking about in this section is the likes of Mercedes Benz, BMW, among others. Wake up my people. They soon start to dump all these old used cars in Africa heavily.

Attached is a timeline of some counties that are already planning to ban ICE cars.

Lets get this to the frontpage. Feel free to ask me any question related to this topic, below.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electric Car Is The Future. ICE Cars Will Be Banned From 2027 by Wanity(m): 2:31pm On Feb 23, 2020
This will not make font page

1 Like

Re: Electric Car Is The Future. ICE Cars Will Be Banned From 2027 by jesmond3945: 3:43pm On Feb 23, 2020
Frunkla:
Am new on this forum and notice nobody is talking about Electric vehicles here. I live and work in German auto industry, so perhaps that's why I am much more informed on this topic than my friends back home in Nigeria.

Electric cars will be the future of automobile transportation as most Western counties have set a ban date for ICE cars (internal combustion engine, cars that run on Diesel and Petrol).

Why this is not a big topic in Nigeria is still beyond me. We have access to Sunlight that Europe, but yet we are not harnessing the power of Sun. Sure I understand Africa is way behind in terms of technology, but Rome wasn't built in a day. We need to talk more about the future of the next generation and help protect the environment.

I founded http://frunkla.com/ to help spread the world of Tesla, a Battery powered electric vehicle that is revolutionizing the automobile industry. I find it disappointing that most people are talking about in this section is the likes of Mercedes Benz, BMW, among others. Wake up my people. They soon start to dump all these old used cars in Africa heavily.

Attached is a timeline of some counties that are already planning to ban ICE cars.

Lets get this to the frontpage. Feel free to ask me any question related to this topic, below.
i want to ask you is benz planning to drop ice and if yes would they be able to do makes sales just as tesla.
Re: Electric Car Is The Future. ICE Cars Will Be Banned From 2027 by Frunkla(m): 7:22pm On Feb 23, 2020
Wanity:
This will not make font page
, ofc it won't. until 2027 when the domino starts to crash.

1 Like

Re: Electric Car Is The Future. ICE Cars Will Be Banned From 2027 by Frunkla(m): 7:22pm On Feb 23, 2020
Am sorry but I don't understand you question. Plase rephrase it.
jesmond3945:
i want to ask you is benz planning to drop ice and if yes would they be able to do makes sales just as tesla.
Re: Electric Car Is The Future. ICE Cars Will Be Banned From 2027 by fabienjoe: 3:17pm On Feb 24, 2020
jesmond3945:

Every car maker, not just Benz would be forced to sell only electric cars in those countries by the said dates. There won't be outright ban on the older ICE vehicles but their use is likely to be severely restricted. Already, you can't drive ICE cars into some major European cities..

PostScript...Africa would be having a ball then..The ICE cars would be dirt cheap. Europeans would be looking for a way to dispose them because they would be next to useless in Europe...But it would begin to affect car production and purchase decision decisions maybe 5 years sooner

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electric Car Is The Future. ICE Cars Will Be Banned From 2027 by Frunkla(m): 10:06pm On Feb 25, 2020
Spot on. Africans will be able to buy those ICE cars cheap dirt. But how long that would last, is anybody' guess. Our leaders are too busy with politics, instead of fighting for the future of this country. This page is a good example. Just look at all the news making the frontpage. This country is far behind in almost everything modern. But let's not lose hope.

fabienjoe:

Every car maker, not just Benz would be forced to sell only electric cars in those countries by the said dates. There won't be outright ban on the older ICE vehicles but their use is likely to be severely restricted. Already, you can't drive ICE cars into some major European cities..

PostScript...Africa would be having a ball then..The ICE cars would be dirt cheap. Europeans would be looking for a way to dispose them because they would be next to useless in Europe...But it would begin to affect car production and purchase decision decisions maybe 5 years sooner
Re: Electric Car Is The Future. ICE Cars Will Be Banned From 2027 by meditate(m): 8:56am On Feb 26, 2020
At the same time other countries are making policies to shift from Petroleum, we are building the biggest refinery.

2 Likes

Re: Electric Car Is The Future. ICE Cars Will Be Banned From 2027 by Frunkla(m): 2:57pm On Feb 28, 2020
meditate:
At the same time other countries are making policies to shift from Petroleum, we are building the biggest refinery.
Our leaders are thinking backward.
Re: Electric Car Is The Future. ICE Cars Will Be Banned From 2027 by alphaNomega: 11:52am On Mar 01, 2020
Frunkla:

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but ICEs are not going anywhere! Electric cars are not practical enough to completely replace gasoline/diesel cars

Let me quickly summarise a few points.

Do you think an electric truck would match a diesel one for long distance haulage?

Think about the size of batteries that would be needed for an electric truck to produce the same torque and power to equate its diesel cousin. Those batteries would be so large that there would not be enough cargo space for the actual load you need to transport.

Ever considered the time spent at a gas station versus a charging bay?

When you drive into a lone gas station, you do not spend more than 5 minutes to fill up you tank (even from empty) and hit the road. If you spend five minutes charging your environmental-friendly batmobile, I'm not sure you would get a full charge, not to talk of enough mileage to cover that long distance trip. In fact you would keep stopping every few miles, spending more precious time charging up, in order to make that 400 mile trip your friend burning dinosaur juice would make in a single shot.

Caveat, both of you started the trip with zero charge and an empty tank

Increased environmental pollution as electric cars are more likely to be disposed off faster than ICE vehicles

Electric cars are basically sophisticated electronics on wheels, that have an average life span of about 6 years after which it makes more sense to simply dispose of it and get a new electric car just like you would replace your mobile phone (lol) For those of you that have used your phones for up to 6 years, you would understand the frustration when basic phone functions cannot be easily done without cursing and swearing.

Even on ICE vehicles, most electric components fail and have to be replaced several times during ownership of the car whereas some of the mechanical components even outlive the vehicle.

7 Likes

Re: Electric Car Is The Future. ICE Cars Will Be Banned From 2027 by sultaan(m): 2:17am On Mar 02, 2020
Driving electric cars was not that bad, very sharp on acceleration

Nissan Leaf

Re: Electric Car Is The Future. ICE Cars Will Be Banned From 2027 by sultaan(m): 2:18am On Mar 02, 2020
Chevy Bolt

Re: Electric Car Is The Future. ICE Cars Will Be Banned From 2027 by Frunkla(m): 10:52pm On Jul 20, 2020
alphaNomega:

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but ICEs are not going anywhere! Electric cars are not practical enough to completely replace gasoline/diesel cars

Do you think an electric truck would match a diesel one for long distance haulage?

Think about the size of batteries that would be needed for an electric truck to produce the same torque and power to equate its diesel cousin. Those batteries would be so large that there would not be enough cargo space for the actual load you need to transport.

When you drive into a lone gas station, you do not spend more than 5 minutes to fill up you tank (even from empty) and hit the road. If you spend five minutes charging your environmental-friendly batmobile, I'm not sure you would get a full charge, not to talk of enough mileage to cover that long distance trip. In fact you would keep stopping every few miles, spending more precious time charging up, in order to make that 400 mile trip your friend burning dinosaur juice would make in a single shot.

Increased environmental pollution as electric cars are more likely to be disposed off faster than ICE vehicles

Electric cars are basically sophisticated electronics on wheels, that have an average life span of about 6 years after which it makes more sense to simply dispose of it and get a new electric car just like you would replace your mobile phone (lol) For those of you that have used your phones for up to 6 years, you would understand the frustration when basic phone functions cannot be easily done without cursing and swearing.

Even on ICE vehicles, most electric components fail and have to be replaced several times during ownership of the car whereas some of the mechanical components even outlive the vehicle.

Bro, you don't know what you are talking about!.
Re: Electric Car Is The Future. ICE Cars Will Be Banned From 2027 by AK284(m): 11:27am On Jul 21, 2020
alphaNomega:

Obviously, you very ignorant of Electric vehicles (EV's)
Re: Electric Car Is The Future. ICE Cars Will Be Banned From 2027 by akprovide: 2:08pm On Jul 21, 2020
Having this variety of will allow your led camping lantern to offer a kind of mild which may be very vivid and strong.
Re: Electric Car Is The Future. ICE Cars Will Be Banned From 2027 by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:22pm On Jul 21, 2020
AK284:

He's right, though.

4 Likes

Re: Electric Car Is The Future. ICE Cars Will Be Banned From 2027 by Areaboy2(m): 3:21pm On Jul 21, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

He's right, though.

Exactly, he is indeed very right.

EV's seem to work now because not everyone has one.
The moment that switch happens, the infrastructure that needs to be in place will be mind boggling. Granted, this affects only new cars. But you need to consider the number of new cars sold each year to imagine the massive increase.

For instance, I drove 1860 km just last week (friday to sunday) around France and into Switzerland. The volume of cars on the road was scary because this is summer holiday. I filled up my tank 3 times the entire trip. averaging about 500km per full tank (i started on full).

Now consider it was an EV, my fuel stops will be minimum 40 minutes (i'm thinking super charge on Tesla). Now add every other motorist stopping to get electric juice as well, the queue will be ridiculous or they would need over 100 charging points per stop.

the logistics just doesn't work for now nor the near future.

Oh, and will a Nissan charge on a Tesla super charge station? - wahala everywhere grin

EV's should be a supplement and not the only option.
We'll run out of dinosaur juice soon anyway and wont have a choice lol.

4 Likes

Re: Electric Car Is The Future. ICE Cars Will Be Banned From 2027 by AshipaEk0: 7:06pm On Jul 21, 2020
alphaNomega:

You don't know much about electric cars and you don't follow their development

That's the simple answer to the lengthy English you are typing.

read up on where they are at. do some research and educate yourself

then make educated submissions that are not based on outdated, and wrong FUD
Re: Electric Car Is The Future. ICE Cars Will Be Banned From 2027 by AshipaEk0: 7:08pm On Jul 21, 2020
Tesla Semi

Re: Electric Car Is The Future. ICE Cars Will Be Banned From 2027 by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:33pm On Jul 21, 2020
AshipaEk0:

If you were so smart and learned on the subject, you'd educate him yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Electric Car Is The Future. ICE Cars Will Be Banned From 2027 by AshipaEk0: 10:10pm On Jul 21, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

If you were so smart and learned on the subject, you'd educate him yourself.

Really?

You think the smart thing to do is engage in arguments with a person who doesn't have up to date information about what he was talking about?

You think Nairaland argument winner is a job description of value?

That he doesn't have up to date information is not an insult or slight on his person. He simply doesn't follow that subject matter well enough to know.

Man's can't even tell you the range of a iPace or Tesla and thinks you need to charge them every 6 hours like a mobile phone
Re: Electric Car Is The Future. ICE Cars Will Be Banned From 2027 by AshipaEk0: 10:15pm On Jul 21, 2020
Re: Electric Car Is The Future. ICE Cars Will Be Banned From 2027 by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 21, 2020
I post pictures of Tesla cars on my WhatsApp status, and I’m telling you, just 2% of my whole contacts viewing my status, know what car brand. It’s sad, we’re always late to everything
Re: Electric Car Is The Future. ICE Cars Will Be Banned From 2027 by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:05am On Jul 22, 2020
Heitchtm:
I post pictures of Tesla cars on my WhatsApp status, and I’m telling you, just 2% of my whole contacts viewing my status, know what car brand. It’s sad, we’re always late to everything

That's a very naive take on the matter. Why should they know what a Tesla is? How many Teslas are in Nigeria? Does Tesla sell cars in Nigeria? Has Tesla ever marketed in Nigeria? Why should Nigerians care about Tesla when their product is quite obviously not for us? Are you holding Nigerians to American standards because of some arbitrary reason?

3 Likes

Re: Electric Car Is The Future. ICE Cars Will Be Banned From 2027 by alphaNomega: 12:40pm On Jul 22, 2020
AshipaEk0:

Okay professor of electric cars and educated submissions, how many electric lorries, ships and aeroplanes are we using today?
Re: Electric Car Is The Future. ICE Cars Will Be Banned From 2027 by alphaNomega: 12:41pm On Jul 22, 2020
AK284:

Your problem is that you think you know too much
Re: Electric Car Is The Future. ICE Cars Will Be Banned From 2027 by alphaNomega: 12:41pm On Jul 22, 2020
Frunkla:

Bro, you don't know what you are talking about!.
I do, do you?
Re: Electric Car Is The Future. ICE Cars Will Be Banned From 2027 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 22, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

That's a very naive take on the matter. Why should they know what a Tesla is? How many Teslas are in Nigeria? Does Tesla sell cars in Nigeria? Has Tesla ever marketed in Nigeria? Why should Nigerians care about Tesla when their product is quite obviously not for us? Are you holding Nigerians to American standards because of some arbitrary reason?

Please, I don’t have strength, all this talk for just small post
Re: Electric Car Is The Future. ICE Cars Will Be Banned From 2027 by BenSherman228(m): 11:15am On Dec 31, 2020
Electric cars are the future and this cannot be denied, it is cheaper, it affects the environment and this issue becomes more relevant every year, this is progress. If we are talking about the fact that ICE cars will be banned in 2027, and now there is no possibility to fully use electric cars, then we must understand how the world has changed even over the past year and what will happen next. Each of us can even now find news about the fact that the prices of electric motors will become cheaper, which will lead to lower prices, that electric car battery technologies are developing and even technologies have already been developed that allow you to quickly charge an automobile in 6 minutes to 90 %, we also forget that there are new car manufacturing companies that offer a good price, much less than Tesla.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Seven Seater Mini Bus(a.k.a Kowope Or Small Doctor) For Higher / Are CNG Car Conversion Really Worth It? / Upcoming New Cars In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.