Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,437 members, 7,853,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:04 AM

Msc Admission App To Swedish University Of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) Rejected! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Msc Admission App To Swedish University Of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) Rejected! (528 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Removes Tuition For Agricultural Sciences At Landmark / Bishop Oyedepo Removes Tuition For Agricultural Sciences In Landmark University / Peter And Mary Odili's PAMO University Of Medical Sciences, Port Harcourt (Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Msc Admission App To Swedish University Of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) Rejected! by Nobody: 9:41pm On Feb 24, 2020
Good day pals, a friend of mine who had his BSc in Agricultural Economics in Nigeria applied to SLU in Sweden for MSc Agricultural Economics & Management and Environmental Economics & Management. This is in anticipation of his Swedish Institute Scholarship for Global Professional (SISGP) application. However, on the University Admissions Website, SLU indicated that he was unqualified to enrol for the programmes. According to them, "You do not meet the necessary eligibility requirements for this course/programme. Please see below for more information on what is missing. You are missing the following specific entry requirements:
5 credits of mathematics and 5 credits of statistics; or 15 credits of statistics; 90 credits within business administration and 15 credits microeconomics, or 90 credits within economics".

My guy is confused as to how the credits are calculated because he is certain he has the qualifications. He is a first-class graduate and feels his transcript was not well considered or interpreted in terms of the credit they are asking for. Following the way his transcript was designed, he has at least 6units for mathematics, 6 units in statistics and related course, and for his economics & economics-related course, he has the 90 units too.

My guys is devasted and wants to know how to solve this current dilemma. Is there a way the Swedish system calculate credits different from Nigeria's systems because the guy has even gotten admission in places in Europe for a similar programme but could not secure funding. Anyone to explain what is happening and the way forward?

Cc:
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Re: Msc Admission App To Swedish University Of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) Rejected! by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 25, 2020
How did you send your transcripts to Sweden University?
Re: Msc Admission App To Swedish University Of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) Rejected! by jesmond3945: 10:29pm On Feb 25, 2020
he would have converted it to swedish system. ler him appeal with a certified copy of his translation and hope for the best.
Re: Msc Admission App To Swedish University Of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) Rejected! by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 28, 2020
Thanks, @ijesuoboikxp1(m) and @jesmond3945.

The transcript was sent through his university to the Swedish University Admissions central portal.

Well, I am not sure Nigerian transcripts really need to be converted first. This is because I also know of another friend who applied at the same university in 2018 for a different programme in the school but got her admission, though she did not get the scholarship.
Re: Msc Admission App To Swedish University Of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) Rejected! by jesmond3945: 7:14pm On Feb 28, 2020
timilancy15:
Thanks, @ijesuoboikxp1(m) and @jesmond3945.

The transcript was sent through his university to the Swedish University Admissions central portal.

Well, I am not sure Nigerian transcripts really need to be converted first. This is because I also know of another friend who applied at the same university in 2018 for a different programme in the school but got her admission, though she did not get the scholarship.
yea. he should appeal with a translation of the transcript to their own system.

(1) (Reply)

Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Application Status / All School News / Can You Solve This? PIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.