Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers (4995 Views)

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them / I Need Original Custom Papers For My 06 Corolla / Li Xang: A Chinese Car With A Sleek Design And Amazing Features (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers by promotervickky(m): 2:36pm On Feb 25, 2020
Hello fams, with a new wave and problem with custom duty wahala, share your story if you have ever bought a Car and encountered problems with customs.

Shoot let's learn from your story.....

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers by sultaan(m): 6:24pm On Feb 25, 2020
promotervickky:
Hello fams, please i need a contact of a good custom officer that I can be sending customs paper to help me verify

You must be out of your mind, if you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem
Re: Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers by promotervickky(m): 6:26pm On Feb 25, 2020
sultaan:

You must be out of your mind, if you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers by promotervickky(m): 1:05pm On Feb 29, 2020
Searchingc
Re: Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers by sultaan(m): 10:23pm On Mar 01, 2020
promotervickky:
Searchingc

Is your proposal legal or your way of seeking a partner to exploit a rotten system for profit
Re: Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers by promotervickky(m): 9:08am On Mar 02, 2020
sultaan:

Is your proposal legal or your way of seeking a partner to exploit a rotten system for profit

Legal
Re: Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers by ivoryhouse(m): 3:44pm On Mar 02, 2020
sultaan:

Really? Then you ask him if it's legal?
Re: Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers by promotervickky(m): 4:10pm On Mar 02, 2020
Why are some people here, obsessed? Afraid that I will spoil your business?

Fake customs papers must stop!
Re: Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers by promotervickky(m): 11:34am On May 23, 2020
promotervickky:
Hello fams, with a new wave and problem with custom duty wahala, share your story if you have ever bought a Car and encountered problems with customs.

Shoot let's learn from your story.....

Updated
Re: Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers by Itzhandy: 12:24pm On May 23, 2020
China Account Available for cash deposit � � and all kind of transfers,WeChat pay and Alipay also available for all kinds of transfer � � � ...Fast payment ⏰ � (your money in Minutes) �...Contact Whatsapp https:///.2347084523237
Re: Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers by promotervickky(m): 3:03pm On May 24, 2020
Re: Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers by sheu01: 6:22pm On May 24, 2020
Some1 brought a Naija extremely clean 2009 Toyota corolla for me for 1.7M but d interior and exterior of d car is just like tokunbo. Wen I checked d history of d car, the car came from America to Cotonou port of d history, I checked d customs paper, I saw Tincan, I went to verify d paper using C number with d customs, later discovered that duty is fake, d C number quoted was for 2001 Toyota corolla and all d cars that came with that C number, nothing like 2009 corolla there, I told d owner that your customs paper was fake. This history I checked made m to suspect d car that d customs paper may be fake which I confirmed to be fake. I told d owner that I can't buy it anymore. I leave d car cos how can I pay 1.7M for a car and customs paper will b fake.
Re: Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers by promotervickky(m): 6:28pm On May 24, 2020
sheu01:
Some1 brought a Naija extremely clean 2009 Toyota corolla for me for 1.7M but d interior and exterior of d car is just like tokunbo. Wen I checked d history of d car, the car came from America to Cotonou port of d history, I checked d customs paper, I saw Tincan, I went to verify d paper using C number with d customs, later discovered that duty is fake, d C number quoted was for 2001 Toyota corolla and all d cars that came with that C number, nothing like 2009 corolla there, I told d owner that your customs paper was fake. This history I checked made m to suspect d car that d customs paper may be fake which I confirmed to be fake. I told d owner that I can't buy it anymore. I leave d car cos how can I pay 1.7M for a car and customs paper will b fake.

Wow, same thing is happening to one of my client I checked his ViN for...car was imported to Cotonou in 2018, after they had closed border, that car is currently in naija selling for 2.5m as toks grin

I just told him to avoid it cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers by promotervickky(m): 7:48pm On May 24, 2020
Avvailable
Re: Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers by dheilaw1(m): 11:42pm On May 24, 2020
Black leather seat 2008 Hyundai sonata for sale..... 08035115335
Re: Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers by promotervickky(m): 6:42pm On May 25, 2020
Tell us about your experience
Re: Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers by promotervickky(m): 11:02am On Jun 18, 2020
Available
Re: Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers by Dowenship(m): 4:40pm On Jun 18, 2020
Well my advice to buyers is to ensure they inspect and check the duty of the car at the same point b4 negotiating anything self.... Is important ooo....

For Honda pilot
Click this link
https://www.nairaland.com/5935048/honda-pilot-clean-sharp-tok#90810888
Re: Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers by promotervickky(m): 9:11am On Jun 22, 2020
Dowenship:
Well my advice to buyers is to ensure they inspect and check the duty of the car at the same point b4 negotiating anything self.... Is important ooo....

For Honda pilot
Click this link

True
Re: Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers by promotervickky(m): 7:41am On Jul 14, 2020
Still waiting for more replies
Re: Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers by starz100: 8:39pm On Jul 15, 2020
Dowenship:

For Honda pilot
Click this link
Do dealers normally give you their custom papers to verify before you make a purchase? Please I want to know the standard practice so as not to fall into the pitfall of fake C-papers.
Re: Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers by promotervickky(m): 8:52pm On Jul 15, 2020
starz100:

Do dealers normally give you their custom papers to verify before you make a purchase? Please I want to know the standard practice so as not to fall into the pitfall of fake C-papers.

Yes, its your right as a Car Buyer. If they refuse to give you, tell them bye bye

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers by Dowenship(m): 12:04pm On Jul 16, 2020
starz100:

any dealer that cant allow u verify the c number of any vehicle is a suspect...
Re: Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers by Dowenship(m): 12:26pm On Jul 16, 2020
Dowenship:
any dealer that cant allow u verify the c number of any vehicle is a suspect...
except it has no duty
Re: Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers by erico2k2(m): 8:33pm On Jul 16, 2020
starz100:

You do not need it, all you need is the VIN number off the car and do you own findings,it will tell you where and when the car was shipped from and to!
Re: Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers by starz100: 3:20pm On Jul 18, 2020
Thank you all
Re: Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers by promotervickky(m): 3:26pm On Jul 18, 2020
erico2k2:

You do not need it, all you need is the VIN number off the car and do you own findings,it will tell you where and when the car was shipped from and to!

False information, ViN report is not enough
Re: Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers by erico2k2(m): 7:18pm On Jul 18, 2020
promotervickky:

False information, ViN report is not enough
what else tells you when a car was exported and to what port?
Re: Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers by promotervickky(m): 7:33pm On Jul 18, 2020
erico2k2:

what else tells you when a car was exported and to what port?

Ok, we now agree with your statement, but how does a ViN report which says exported to Nigeria solve if the car is carrying original or fake custom duty?
Re: Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers by erico2k2(m): 8:06pm On Jul 18, 2020
promotervickky:

Ok, we now agree with your statement, but how does a ViN report which says exported to Nigeria solve if the car is carrying original or fake custom duty?
So you could not answer my question I take it??
Re: Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers by erico2k2(m): 8:20pm On Jul 18, 2020
promotervickky:

if you do not know about stuff jst ask
with the VIN number
You can check the following
Year of manufacture
Service History
How many Owners
Date and Year of export
Details of port exported from
Details of port exported to(this will tell you if the car came fru Lagos or Benin
I can go on and on, I believe you have and idea
Re: Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers by promotervickky(m): 9:06pm On Jul 18, 2020
erico2k2:

if you do not know about stuff jst ask
with the VIN number
You can check the following
Year of manufacture
Service History
How many Owners
Date and Year of export
Details of port exported from
Details of port exported to(this will tell you if the car came fru Lagos or Benin
I can go on and on, I believe you have and idea

I know these things, but most report does not indicate exported to Nigeria, and even if they do, it's not enough to say that the car has custom duty.

Also most cars were brought into Nigeria when the border was open, these cars first went to Benin Republic or other neighboring countries before it was brought to Nigeria. How do you handle such without checking the custom duty?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Procure Fake Number Plate, & Be Jailed –FRSC / Honda Odyssey And Toyota Sienna,which Is Better? / 20 Reasons We Should All Drive Manual Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.