Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,220 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Nigeria Premier League: Enugu Rangers Vs 3Sc On Sunday Dec 19 @ 4pm - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Premier League: Enugu Rangers Vs 3Sc On Sunday Dec 19 @ 4pm (1811 Views)

Poll: What Will Be The Outcome Of This Match?

Enugu Rangers Will Win: 80% (4 votes)
A Draw: 20% (1 vote)
3Sc Shooting Stars Will Win: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

The Return of NPFL Nite Matches - The Enugu Rangers Experience (Pictures) / Heartland Fc Vs 3SC (2pm) | FC Ifeanyi Ubah Vs Sunshine Stars (4pm) / Oriental Derby: Enugu Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 2) - FT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Premier League: Enugu Rangers Vs 3Sc On Sunday Dec 19 @ 4pm by semid4lyfe(m): 7:05am On Dec 18, 2010
Match: Enugu Rangers  vs 3sc Shooting Stars

Venue: Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium, Enugu

Date: Sunday, December 19

Time of Match: 4PM Nigerian Time

[center]PREVIEW[/center]
Cast your mind back to the late 70's/early-mid 80's, this was the most anticipated match in the Nigerian League cos of the fierce rivalry that existed between both teams and the quality players they paraded. 3Sc nicknamed the Oluyole Warriors and popularly called ''Sooting'' by their teeming fans, in those days paraded the likes of Segun Odegbami, Best Ogedegbe, Felix Owolabi, Mudashiru Lawal, Taiwo Ogunjobi etc while the Flying Antelopes from Enugu, Rangers FC paraded Christian Chukwu, Aloysius Atuegbu, Patrick Ekeji, Adokie Amiesimaka, Emmanuel Okala to mention a few

In those days, everything was put on a hold during match day as people trooped to the stadium in either Enugu or Ibadan from far and wide to watch this game. The stadium was always filled to capacity and getting to the stadium later then 11am/12pm (for a match starting many hours later) meant sitting out the match. . . .YES, that was how intense and important a Rangers vs 3Sc match was in those days.

This football rivalry that has spanned four decades will be rekindled tomorrow in Enugu at the 25,000 capacity Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium when Rangers FC (one of the only 2 teams that has never been relegated in the Nigerian league) which is in the 9th position on the log table after a 3-0-3 record square up against 4th placed 3Sc Shooting Stars of Ibadan which possess a better 3-1-2 record in a week 7 match of the 2010/2011 Nigeria Premier League.

3Sc coach, Fatai Amoo will have to bring all his experience to bear to make sure his side does not go down to a Rangers team which has been in devastating form this season in front of their home fans putting 5 goals past Ocean boys and Zamfara United in week 3 and week 5 respectively. His boys will also need to keep a close eye on Uche Nwafor who joined the Flying Antelopes from Shooting Stars at the end of last season and has been in good form since the start of the season.

Coach Alphonsus Dike of Rangers will be pleased with the fact that the statistics of the last 6 head-to heads favour his team in a 3-1-2 record and his side didn't conceded a goal at home in all those matches.

So which way will the pendulum swing?. . .Rangers or 3Sc's or perhaps it come to rest equidistant between the two teams? We'd only know at the end of 90 minutes on Sunday

Meanwhile, drop your comments and let's know what you think. . . . .^^^^

N.B: Match will be beamed LIVE by Supersport
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Enugu Rangers Vs 3Sc On Sunday Dec 19 @ 4pm by Pharoh: 11:07am On Dec 18, 2010
I am rooting for rangers the boys from the coal city and i believe with the home support they should carry the day.

This is a derby match that goes back to those days and i hope the present players will keep the spirit alive.

There is another tough match this weekend . . . Heartland vs Kano pillars. grin

Kickoff Nigeria is very stupid . . imagine they do not have a special coverage for these two matches or don't they see how Europeans hype their derby matches. angry
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Enugu Rangers Vs 3Sc On Sunday Dec 19 @ 4pm by medjai(m): 12:13pm On Dec 18, 2010
Pharoh:

I am rooting for rangers the boys from the coal city and i believe with the home support they should carry the day.

This is a derby match that goes back to those days and i hope the present players will keep the spirit alive.

There is another tough match this weekend . . . Heartland vs Kano pillars.  grin

Kickoff Nigeria is very silly . . imagine they do not have a special coverage for these two matches or don't they see how Europeans hype their derby matches.   angry
no, not a derby match. 3sc -> Ibadan(South West), Rangers -> Enugu(South East).
However, I see it as a classic tie. Both teams are traditional sides in the league with a lot of history. . .
I'll go for a Ranger's win. Ranger's have been nothing short of imperious at home. They've not only beaten their opponents, they've done so in spectular fashion, scoring lots of goals.
3sc are also doing well and currently sit 4th on the table but Rangers at home will be more than they can chew
Prediction: Rangers 2 3sc 1
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Enugu Rangers Vs 3Sc On Sunday Dec 19 @ 4pm by Adonike(m): 2:39pm On Dec 18, 2010
I would stick my neck out for Enugu Rangers.
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Enugu Rangers Vs 3Sc On Sunday Dec 19 @ 4pm by Cappadona123: 5:35pm On Dec 18, 2010
I hope shooting stars can take a draw out of Enugu,its possible cos they got some good players and the experience of Kabiru Alausa
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Enugu Rangers Vs 3Sc On Sunday Dec 19 @ 4pm by honeric01(m): 9:33pm On Dec 18, 2010
Uhmmm, Rangers should win this hands down. cool
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Enugu Rangers Vs 3Sc On Sunday Dec 19 @ 4pm by semid4lyfe(m): 11:59pm On Dec 18, 2010
Pharoh:

In the real sense of the word, it's not a derby but traditionally & historically it is grin

Pharoh:
There is another tough match this weekend . . . Heartland vs Kano pillars. grin

The match is on sunday, same time with the Rangers vs 3Sc match. . .bad planning/scheduling by the NPL, it should have been put on Saturday.

Pharoh:

Kickoff Nigeria is very silly . . imagine they do not have a special coverage for these two matches or don't they see how Europeans hype their derby matches. angry

You dey mind them. . .I was shocked myself when I checked their website early this morning and there was no coverage/story concerning the Rangers vs 3Sc, Heartland vs Kano Pillars or any Naija league match for that matter.

kickoff Nigeria should even have progressed to posting live minute by minute commentaries of a selected league star match and giving us LIVE scores of others. . .na wetin lots of oyinbo football sites dey do be that na
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Enugu Rangers Vs 3Sc On Sunday Dec 19 @ 4pm by semid4lyfe(m): 9:37pm On Dec 20, 2010
Match ended 2 nil in favour of Rangers.

Rangers could have won by as many as 5 goals if they had converted their many scoring chances

(1) (Reply)

Ex Super Eagle Player Uche Okafor Commits Suicide! Friends Say He Was Cheerful. / Way Alvarez Thought / Ighalo Fires Changchun Yatai To A 5-1 Win Over Mikel's Tianjin Teda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.