Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Determination Without Focus. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Determination Without Focus. (605 Views)

Hardwork, Intelligence Or Determination, Which Is The Most Important? / Determination Without Focus. / Determination Without Focus. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Determination Without Focus. by guru01(m): 8:11am On Dec 18, 2010
Hello house,
whenever i determine to achieve something special in my career, at first i will focus on it but later on i will lose focus.
Please house this thing has affected me in most area of my life and i dont know what to do.
How can i solve this problem, to enable me achieve my goals for next year?
Regards.
Re: Determination Without Focus. by vkings: 2:02pm On Dec 18, 2010
You are not alone.It happens to so many people.

- You got to be very disciplined to pull through. This can be achieved by writing down everything you want to do and ticking them as soon as you do them.

- Get close to someone you know to be an achiever i.e. someone who meets any set goals of his/her. This person may get you motivated.

In one word, what you need is just DISCIPLINE.

Good luck.
Re: Determination Without Focus. by AjanleKoko: 2:27pm On Dec 18, 2010
Maybe you should try to focus on short term goals, things you can easily achieve in a week, or a month. It's a lot easier to lose focus when it comes to long term goals. That's what I have found anyways. Break up your long term goals into a series of short term goals.
Re: Determination Without Focus. by guru01(m): 10:25pm On Dec 18, 2010
Thx, i will do as you said.
Re: Determination Without Focus. by guru01(m): 11:35am On Dec 19, 2010
you are right, i have also noticed that i like doing so many thing without finishing one, and that has affected my programming life, i dont master one language b4 i will move to another.
Like early this year, i took a course on php after i finish, i neva gone thru it again until nw, i also did html and css, and nw am into graphic with photoshop and the rest.
Do you think i should start afresh from logic according to the wiki article u paste, or i should continue from where i stop, but add more discipline?
I dont mind starting over.

(1) (Reply)

Transp / Cis March 2011 Diet / Health Educator Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.