Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,871 members, 7,828,105 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

What Is Depression And How Do You Know That You Are Depressed? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Depression And How Do You Know That You Are Depressed? (458 Views)

Loss Of Libido Due To Depression: How Does One Revive It? / Lady Shares Transformation Photo After Almost Committing Suicide Over Depression / Why So Many People Are Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Depression And How Do You Know That You Are Depressed? by iykbethany(m): 5:59am On Feb 27, 2020
Guys pls what is *depression* and how do you know that you are depressed?
Re: What Is Depression And How Do You Know That You Are Depressed? by iykbethany(m): 6:00am On Feb 27, 2020
I just wanna know
Re: What Is Depression And How Do You Know That You Are Depressed? by Young03(m): 6:03am On Feb 27, 2020
Www.goggle.com
Re: What Is Depression And How Do You Know That You Are Depressed? by GboyegaD(m): 6:15am On Feb 27, 2020
It is some mood swings where you lose interest in everything around you and the thinks you like before then. It is sort of solitary moment when you want to be all by yourself lost in your world/thoughts.

These are my own definition/explanation.
Re: What Is Depression And How Do You Know That You Are Depressed? by frozen70(f): 9:06pm On Feb 28, 2020
iykbethany:

Depression is a state of mind that wants you to give up for nothing

A situation where you find yourself frustrated due to circumstances beyond your control

You will find yourself being sad for nothing
Not wanting to be with anyone
Always sad and wishes people to get sad as well so that they will assume they are all in the same class

The best is to avoid anything that will make you get depressed, even when the need arises, push it away pls

Be happy and don't allow anyone put you in a tight corner

2 Likes

Re: What Is Depression And How Do You Know That You Are Depressed? by eazzzy1(m): 10:01am On Feb 29, 2020
iykbethany:

Depression is prolonged sadness. You get depressed when you think there’s no hope of improvement on the situation confronting you.

You know you are depressed when you don’t want to be conscious. Some people just want to sleep, others abuse alcohol or drugs and some want to just die. You would do anything to escape the feeling.

1 Like

Re: What Is Depression And How Do You Know That You Are Depressed? by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 29, 2020
I don't even want to wish it on my enemies, but thank God I'm getting better.

My advice to depressed people, talk to someone about it, cry if you need to, don't try and bottle things up by forming mancho.

1 Like

Re: What Is Depression And How Do You Know That You Are Depressed? by pweeryambre: 8:13pm On Feb 29, 2020
Deppression is the worst thing that can happen to anyone apart from death. it doesnt have a cure. it is usually triggered by a feeling of rejection, it causes extreme tiredness, regret, chest pain, loss of appetite, regular thought of suicide, self hate, overthinking, absolute loss of interest in anything and everything that you once enjoyed, accompanied with horrible dreams/nightmare.
in my own understanding, depression is the sister of death, because in death, the body dies and the soul leaves, but in depression the soul dies and the body leaves, you become a shadow of yourself. but the good part is that you can always recover with the right amount of support.

(1) (Reply)

Purchase A Plot Of Land @ Lekki Boulevard Estate Akodo Ise For 900k Only / 10 Life Lessons To Help You Live More Consciously / Queen Elizabeth II To Be Dethrone As Head Of State Come 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.