Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Electrocardiography Is The Single Most Important Aspect Of Cardiology. ? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Electrocardiography Is The Single Most Important Aspect Of Cardiology. ? (800 Views)

The Single Most Important Thing You Can Do For Your Stress / Is Community Pharmacy The Only "lucrative Aspect Of Pharmacy"? / Which Part Of Your Body Is Most Important To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Electrocardiography Is The Single Most Important Aspect Of Cardiology. ? by buzugee(m): 6:19pm On Dec 18, 2010
would you agree with this statement ?
Re: Electrocardiography Is The Single Most Important Aspect Of Cardiology. ? by reindeer: 3:01am On Dec 19, 2010
Partially correct.
I would say good clinical acumen is.
You have to suspect things before sending people to have an ECG.
Maybe you mean''single most important investigation'', . . . .even then it will stil not be accurate to make such a statement.ECG is cheap, readily accessible and results are immediate but it takes sound grasp to interpret correctly.
I have seen some of the new machines giving wrong interpretations because they were actually calibrated with adult parameters whereas many of the red flags in adults may actually be normal in a child depending on age and build.
So my dear, ECG is good, but clinical skills i think is the most important.

1 Like

Re: Electrocardiography Is The Single Most Important Aspect Of Cardiology. ? by buzugee(m): 6:28am On Dec 19, 2010
reindeer:

Partially correct.
I would say good clinical acumen is.
You have to suspect things before sending people to have an ECG.
Maybe you mean''single most important investigation'', . . . .even then it will stil not be accurate to make such a statement.ECG is cheap, readily accessible and results are immediate but it takes sound grasp to interpret correctly.
I have seen some of the new machines giving wrong interpretations because they were actually calibrated with adult parameters whereas many of the red flags in adults may actually be normal in a child depending on age and build.
So my dear, ECG is good, but clinical skills i think is the most important.
great answer

(1) (Reply)

Boost Low Libido / Treatment/cure For Grave's Disease / Dangers Of Refined Sugar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.