Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,292 members, 7,829,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan (40788 Views)

Woman Sets Self, Rented Apartment On Fire Over Inability To Repay N70k Lapo’s De / Woman Goes Naked At Access Bank Due To Inability To Get Cash / What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by optimus106(m): 9:12pm On Feb 27, 2020
taiwosamwell:

But what if it was part of the T&C

And kidnapping is part of the T&C

I hope u attended your classes back in school.
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by Thegoodone13(m): 9:16pm On Feb 27, 2020
Let her pay her loan. The husband is not serious.
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by Nobody: 9:23pm On Feb 27, 2020
Roon9:

3.5kva pure sine Wave inverter
4*250w panels
2*220AH luminous tubular batteries
60A controller
Wires/ installations
#545,000

5kva hybrid inverter
10*250w panel
4*220Ah luminous tubular batteries
60A mppt controller
Wires/ Installations

These are the 2 plans that can carry freezers.

Noted , with thanks
Almost like am buying plot of land just because of useless NEPA

1 Like

Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by MrMcJay(m): 9:26pm On Feb 27, 2020
eni4real:
Theory!

My classmate in the University got compensated by Zenith Bank cos they didn't allow him leave their branch for just 30 mins. They said he was rough and looked suspicious. New Era Foundation wrote them and he got paid 3M with plenty 'we are sorry sir' around 2007.

I have personally called a First Bank branch manager on phone and explained the implications of his actions as regards banker-customer confidentiality and he came from his branch outside Lagos to Ikeja to beg.

2 years ago, I got a Police ASP locked up in Lagos for slapping my client at Ikeja Shoprite.

So, don't put mouth in what you don't know.

4 Likes

Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by taiwosamwell(m): 9:35pm On Feb 27, 2020
optimus106:

And kidnapping is part of the T&C

I hope u attended your classes back in school.
Hmm
I
Who knows
I remembered when someone shop was looted and locked for not paying all these kinds of loans and guess what the Police said it was in the T&C so they can't do anything
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by noblealuu: 9:37pm On Feb 27, 2020
vibre:
So premium times can't just pay the money and let the woman go home. Instead they are only interested in writing story

Lol
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by klax(m): 9:37pm On Feb 27, 2020
Maxymilliano:
I believe there are terms and conditions attached to the loan which obviously she skipped while appending her signature to the loan application.

Default in loan repayment comes with penalties, while in equal vein, detaining the debtor without any legal pronouncement is against the law, as the company could be held liable for kidnapping/abduction.

Most microfinance banks are barely surviving the harsh business clime

And she must be kidnapped Do you know the penalty of such action if she is able to get good back up

Abducting anyone or kidnapoing no matter your reason its a criminal offense infact grave one indeed.
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by Ademolaononuga: 10:12pm On Feb 27, 2020
englishmart:
Lol. Branch had been disturbing me, they threatened to report me to credit bureau which I didn't care about. After 9weeks of threatening me, they went back to begging again, they were like "Don't let old debt stall till march". Damn, I thought you were reporting me to credit bureau? Why didn't you report na? Well, I just pitied them by paying them their useless 6k today. I thought they had anything serious to do to me, but they were just threatening. Aje kpako no suppose fear treats, it's our lifestyle.

You don't know that even by default you're reported to the Credit Bureaus as a loan recipient.

Now as you have defaulted past a good number of days, I make it bold to say that your credit history has gone bad and that may hinder you from taking loans in the future. Multiple bad financial histories is a red flag any day, any time!

If you think that you're being unnneccessarily hard and seek to "punish" a financial institution or its staff by defaulting on a loan, Oga, na u dey do yourself. The day way e go cast for your Korokoro eyes ehn..., sorry won't suffice to be used for you.

Better you meet up on your financial obligations than doing Van Damme on top nothing!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by oduma101(m): 10:13pm On Feb 27, 2020
Do you even know the word abduct, is a atypical offence in the law such issues is to be reported to the police, no one has the right to abduct a person who did not pay back her loan. Bank can arrest, grooming is a micro finance as an NGO not bank and they don't have right to arrest not to talk of abduct and I perceived this write up is framed up. Financial institutions will give days, months years to repay back the loans before taking final action based on your collateral, please stop spreading false and fabricated stories
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by chronique(m): 10:16pm On Feb 27, 2020
People wey de owe banks millions, dem never come abduct/kidnap us, na person wey owe 21,000 naira dem de abduct. Poverty na bad thing sha...
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by Brightgem(f): 11:14pm On Feb 27, 2020
TheTrueSeeker2:
In March 2014 I took two loans from first a lady that was introduced to me by my neighbor (500k) and another FCMB bank staff (500k) at 20% interest each.

Business was doing fine so no issues paying interest (100k x 2) every month.

I religiously paid interest for good 11 months ( 1.1m) capital not included separately to both women . (2.2m)

Then business started suffering after some few contracts that didn't go well.

Before the end of the 12th month, i quietly approached creditors to re-negotiate loan payment that there was fire on the mountain but they refused and started threatening fire and brimstone.

The first lady took matters more seriously at first and this was how it went;

Lady 1 started threats of kidnap etc. Anytime my phone rang, it was either lady 1 or her hired impostors raining threats because she later started saying the money she gave me belonged to a cooperative society.
At one time a man claiming to be a very senior army officer and husband to one of the women I collected their cooperative society money called to threaten me and i quietly told him I did not have any financial transaction directly with his wife or any cooperative society for that matter since from day one, the women i collected loan from never mentioned any cooperative society or any name close to it in our transaction. I told him my phone had an automatic recorder and that I'd recorded the conversation for future use after listening to all his threats and he immediately hung the call.
One day some group of men and women stormed my office claiming they were members of an unnamed cooperative society and demanded for their monies immediately.

They gave me three options.
1. Their money in full 800k (by this time we were in the 13th or 14th month in arrears)
2. That I gently follow them to only God knows where
3. I issue them a cheque which should clear the very next day.

Well at this point, I knew i had no other option than to also play smart.
I agreed to option 3
As soon as they left, I wrote a letter to my bank instructing them not to honor the issued cheque. I knew they wanted to present it and later claim i issued a dud cheque.

Then I called my lawyer.
We wrote a petition to the CP alleging threat to life etc

By the next day they went to the bank and the bank turned them down.

They called again with further threats
Few day later, they got a call from the police inviting them over concerning the transaction and they all ran only woman i transacted with couldn't escape.

Appointment day at the police came and woman also came with a female lawyer.

After reading my petition to them and writing their own statement, they admitted there was a financial transaction and that they didn't belong to any cooperative society, when they were asked to produce their license.

They also admitted their threats but claimed it was only to scare me.

The Police immediately started preparing papers to transfer matters to Court after confirming the whole truth and called them wicked after collecting over 200% of their money.

They attempted to bribe OC but he refused (i respected the NPF from that day) he was so upset and felt so sorry for me.

Woman was on her knee crying and calling her Pastor Husband who refused to show face.
Female lawyer couldn't say a word at a point. She just carried chair and sat down.

I went outside with My lawyer and pleaded with him to speak to OC that we were not interested in pursing case in court.
That we wanted to just save my head, unmasked the identities of the ones threatening me etc

That what we wanted was re-negotiation of loan and nothing more.
20% Interest should stop and we pay the capital only and case close

OC shouted at me Oh so you want to still pay them abi?
Young man if you don't know what to do with your hard earn money you can take it to the motherless home ok?

Finally, we settled that we should all go and that I'd paid enough I shouldn't be compelled to pay any dime again. If I wished to, it was at my own stead but if they called me again concerning the transaction then I should report back to the station.

They never called again and on my own, I paid them 200k to make peace.
They later told me they had to path with 100k to bail her

An interesting piece!
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by Roozzaay(m): 11:52pm On Feb 27, 2020
Shylock was a merciful lender after all undecided
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by Bebson007(m): 11:54pm On Feb 27, 2020
chia! have worked in a microfinance before trust me that scene created might end up worst if Grooming center don't make peace release the woman to go ooooo!
that's business gone bad, as it stands the company will deny those workers that they were not sent to detain anybody. the woman in question won't pay the money again. police can jail them because they've taken the law into their hands.....
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by Organs(m): 11:56pm On Feb 27, 2020
MrMcJay:
If the family of this woman can manage this issue very well, they would make a fortune from the stupidity of this Microfinance kidnapping institution.

That is why banditry and thugery will not go away from Nigeria. There is no justice and so much impunity. If i know this woman, i will go and hire 10 "agberos" buy them food, ogogoro and weed, then take them to the bank and have them beat up all the officials until they tell me where the woman is, then we go carry ourselves go police station or court make we determine who dey wrong......
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by centilad(m): 12:58am On Feb 28, 2020
Soko loan Bank
Sucking loan back from borrowers till they're dry

1 Share

Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by ForbesHomesNG(m): 4:13am On Feb 28, 2020
jidxin:
they are liable for abduction there is no hard or fast rule to it. false imprisonment..... debt recovery is a civil matter
Lol... No hard or fast rule to that!

Intending house buyers (Duplex or Apartment houses) or you need verified titled LAND should check here and our signature below.
https://www.nairaland.com/5643825/dont-miss-best-ibeju-lekki-deal
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by naniawini(f): 6:24am On Feb 28, 2020
grin angry
englishmart:
Lol. Branch had been disturbing me, they threatened to report me to credit bureau which I didn't care about. After 9weeks of threatening me, they went back to begging again, they were like "Don't let old debt stall till march". Damn, I thought you were reporting me to credit bureau? Why didn't you report na? Well, I just pitied them by paying them their useless 6k today. I thought they had anything serious to do to me, but they were just threatening. Aje kpako no suppose fear treats, it's our lifestyle.
grin grin cheesy
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by Greatzeus(m): 9:07am On Feb 28, 2020
englishmart:
$6k or £6k ? Chai Nairaland guys dey fall hand oh,no wonder Nairaland girls always call guys here broke.

1 Like

Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by CorleonOfSicily: 9:41am On Feb 28, 2020
Pls how can I get through to the woman ASAP!
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by lucky4west: 9:48am On Feb 28, 2020
what a show of lawlessness...there are procedures for this...a rule of engagement otherwise this has become a case of kidnapping and unlawful detention
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by jolomiurenyi(m): 9:48am On Feb 28, 2020
Greatzeus:

$6k or £6k ? Chai Nairaland guys dey fall hand oh,no wonder Nairaland girls always call guys here broke.

For your mind you think you are rich ba? Its not easy for anyone...
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by OLAplusONE(m): 11:20am On Feb 28, 2020
Alkidam:
All this loans. no matter how small or big, the best decision you can make his not to even try to collect a dime. their interest rate is damning and killing. you get hìgh blood pressurre along the line of payment. defy embarrasment. collect repayable loans without interest from family or friends than this loans. lets just all pray for financial independece and stability. May God help us all
From the OP story, this woman is supposed to be repaying #3500 every week for 23 weeks, that's simply 15% interest, and she defaulted in the process.
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by OLAplusONE(m): 11:27am On Feb 28, 2020
Bebson007:
chia! have worked in a microfinance before trust me that scene created might end up worst if Grooming center don't make peace release the woman to go ooooo!
that's business gone bad, as it stands the company will deny those workers that they were not sent to detain anybody. the woman in question won't pay the money again. police can jail them because they've taken the law into their hands.....
funny enough, grooming centre will sanction those staffs involved, that's if their appointment isn't terminated, the client in question might be given another loan if she's interested
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by Godwin2am(m): 9:00pm On Feb 28, 2020
she's my sister oh please help us .we have secure her release, she now needs capital to start her own business kindly reach us 08071824706
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by optimus106(m): 9:23pm On Feb 28, 2020
taiwosamwell:

Hmm
I
Who knows
I remembered when someone shop was looted and locked for not paying all these kinds of loans and guess what the Police said it was in the T&C so they can't do anything

Na lie!!!
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by optimus106(m): 9:26pm On Feb 28, 2020
After kidnapping her,u will den ask for ransom abi?

If the woman dies...who go pay the loan?

Can she pay u while in your custody?

Some Nigerians are stupid.
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by kamikaz1: 4:04pm On Feb 29, 2020
Greatzeus:

Hello bro. Pls I sent you a PM kindly follow back.So we can communicate. Thanks.
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by Kingpele(m): 11:06am On Mar 20, 2020
[quote author=Tchange1 post=87009814]

You haven't tasted life. I pray you should so that you can understand the pains of the woman. [ u are a kid, I left university 2006 and traveled abroad for awhile, moreover both parents are very comfortable financially, so we could play with thier money and now am comfortable by becoming more knowledgeable about financial discipline, if u are careless in your spending, you will become broke even if u are a billionaire
Re: Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan by natstryker(m): 10:31am On Apr 29, 2020
Very true. I'm in the same situation now. Once I escape this never again
Rudewhitelondon:

No matter your emergency, even if it is at the point of death... NEVER let the thought of Lending money from SOKOLOAN cross your mind. Stay very Far away.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) / Is This A New Scam In Filling Stations? / Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.