Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Landed In Calgary Canada - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Landed In Calgary Canada (13325 Views)

As Foriegn Student That Just Landed In The Usa Airport What Will Be Asked By Us? / Nigerian Man Dies Aboard Plane That Landed In Houston. / Any Nairaland Member In Calgary , Canada? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Landed In Calgary Canada by Rare(m): 9:07pm On Dec 31, 2010
Obeledu:

Today, I bought money order totaling CAD70.5 to be send to Nigerian high commission Ottawa for the revalidation of wife driving license and my own. This is necessary for the issuance of class 5 license after road test

I thought money order for each was stated at CAD20 by the High Commission ?
Does that total include any charges?
I bought mine at a bank for a flat rate (CAD20) & no charges.

1 Like

Re: Landed In Calgary Canada by Obeledu: 1:44am On Jan 01, 2011
^^^^

They stated on their website that it should be money order, I dint know they will accept bank draft. It pains me oooooooo
Re: Landed In Calgary Canada by Rare(m): 2:10am On Jan 01, 2011
Obeledu:

^^^^

They stated on their website that it should be money order, I dint know they will accept bank draft. It pains me oooooooo

I actually got a money order from a bank. It's possible.
Re: Landed In Calgary Canada by yodiyokun(f): 3:43pm On Jan 13, 2011
igbonla:

Obeledu,

Welcome and wish you success,

Your comrade in Vaughan!

hi yodiyokun,
You are so near, did I see you on redflag?

Merry Christmas

Yes I am on redflag, shoo internet na small place oo.
Re: Landed In Calgary Canada by seunny4lif(m): 4:07pm On Jan 13, 2011
Hello,pls like how much is the sum of money will i prepare for my documents and visa application.
Re: Landed In Calgary Canada by Obeledu: 7:27pm On Jan 14, 2011
^^^^

If you are using consultant which I suggest you use, you should be talking around N900,000-N1,10000.

But before wasting your money make sure you occupation is among the listed and that you are working or able to provide solid evidence that you are earning close to at least N200,000/m
Re: Landed In Calgary Canada by seunny4lif(m): 9:57pm On Jan 14, 2011
I'm talking about visiting canada.Hw much do u suggest??
Re: Landed In Calgary Canada by Obeledu: 11:54pm On Jan 14, 2011
I dont know about visitors visa, but the flight ticket is around N360,000 and when you arrive you have to sleep in a house which is around CAD600-CAD1,300
Re: Landed In Calgary Canada by seunny4lif(m): 3:52am On Jan 15, 2011
I'm talking about the application like how much do spend during the process of obtaining your visa.I mean visa processing.

1 Like

Re: Landed In Calgary Canada by Obeledu: 4:11am On Jan 15, 2011
The amount I mentioned above is the amount it took me to process my own
Re: Landed In Calgary Canada by seunny4lif(m): 5:33am On Jan 15, 2011
I was thinking abt 200k for the processin of obtain visa.
Re: Landed In Calgary Canada by simpsonX: 1:14am On Jan 31, 2011
How is your stay in Canada going? I landed here September and I must say the winter has been very cold. And yes, things are expensive, so any Nigerian who wants to come here should bear that in mind. To get a haircut from a salon is about 5000 Naira, etc. well just giving you an example. Its not bed and roses, you have to work your butt off. God strength to every Nigerian who wants to excel in good.
Re: Landed In Calgary Canada by Rare(m): 2:43am On Jan 31, 2011
simpsonX:

How is your stay in Canada going? I landed here September and I must say the winter has been very cold. And yes, things are expensive, so any Nigerian who wants to come here should bear that in mind. To get a haircut from a salon is about 5000 Naira, etc. well just giving you an example. Its not bed and roses, you have to work your butt off. God strength to every Nigerian who wants to excel in good.

For those coming over to Canada, this is one habit to drop --- converting price of everything to naira !!
One-to-one comparisons as this is not the best form of analysis for a first-time traveler, without taking into account the economics of "purchasing power parity"

But, I appreciate the caution you are trying to raise.

1 Like

Re: Landed In Calgary Canada by member67023: 10:47am On Jan 31, 2011
^^^ One-to-One comparisons will always be there, for an analytical minded person. Whether economic PPP or not.
Except if there is too much cash to throw around. Until maybe in 6-12 months, after settling and getting a good paying job.

OP, So far, how can you compare your present experiences with the advices you recieved from fellow NLanders over a year ago?
Re: Landed In Calgary Canada by Obeledu: 5:24pm On Jan 31, 2011
The comparison is still good considering that your income is still in naira. Although you are right, the earlier settelers will always discourage you from comparing but foregetting that when they arrived they also did the same thing.

The advice on Nairaland worked because if not for it you will be thinking that immediately you get to Canada you will starting picking money from express road.
Re: Landed In Calgary Canada by Obeledu: 5:28pm On Jan 31, 2011
deleted
Re: Landed In Calgary Canada by sammyzboi: 12:20am On Apr 04, 2011
Does anyone know if a UK Msc in Engineering is regarded by Canadian employers as an equivalent to thier Masc in Engineering?

@Obeledu Congrats! I c my self heading for Calgary this september if things work out with the embassy.
Re: Landed In Calgary Canada by suxes2005(m): 12:33pm On Apr 04, 2011
@OP,

C'grats to you sir. Kindly keep us posted about
jobs and opportunities for you and ur fam members
in canada

SHALOM
Re: Landed In Calgary Canada by peace5050: 4:45pm On Apr 04, 2011
@Obeledu congrats ,  men  how come it took five years to get the permanent visa card, coz a friend of mine says it should only take a year. also please list the challenges in getting  the PR card

my advice i think you have made a good decision, but if i were you i would ensure the kids get the citizenship within the five years, maintain your job in Nigeria ,then send your child back as soon as they have the citizenship status. if you let them stay long over there chances are they would turn out to be naughty and randy, then this means all you sweat on them becomes nothing.
Re: Landed In Calgary Canada by chinweub: 8:26pm On Oct 31, 2011
wink :d sad
Re: Landed In Calgary Canada by chatmate: 2:28pm On Nov 04, 2011
@Obeledu Please can I have the same consultant please I m ready to pay 900k or 1m. Please help thanks, blackismypride@yahoo.com you can add me or give me a pin to add , your response will be highly welcomed
Re: Landed In Calgary Canada by DisGuy: 5:47pm On Nov 04, 2011
chatmate:

@Obeledu Please can I have the same consultant please I m ready to pay 900k or 1m. Please help thanks, blackismypride@yahoo.com you can add me or give me a pin to add , your response will be highly welcomed

shocked
Re: Landed In Calgary Canada by okeyz(m): 7:48pm On Nov 11, 2011
^^^^ i wonder how some guys open them sef open for fraudsters, i thought the immigration process is pretty straight forward, you can really do the process your self, using a consultant does not increase your chances of been giving a visa, if you are qualified , you are qualified, there is no need for this,

in the light of the above i congratulate the poster, he has really come a long way , i cant believe he still doggedly went on with his intentions, i doff my hat to him, this shows the true Nigerian spirit, where there is a will , there is a way,

my advice is before one embarks on such a project you should be ready for anything, don,t go with the notion that the roads will be paved with gold, it is the human will and spirit that creates wealth, believe in GOD and do your best,

Canada might not be the eldorado it was so hyped to be, but i have not seen any body from there that is complaining when they get back, if you have all the basic amenities working well and maintained why won,t you work?, back here you pay for some amenities and you get Nothing!!, and nobody to complain to.

once again i congratulate the poster, he took a very BOLD step, his kids will be grateful for giving them a good start in Life.
Re: Landed In Calgary Canada by Hilary2010(m): 8:11am On Dec 10, 2011
Hello Fellow Sojourners,

I have been to South Africa and Swaziland with the sole aim of enhancing my chances of getting a visa to Canada. I want to enter with visitors visa with the aim of settling there.

Please i want to know if the chances of me setting down there with the visitor's visa.

Thanks for your expected reply.
Re: Landed In Calgary Canada by ifegy: 4:06am On Dec 13, 2011
You cannot settle in Canada with a visitor's visa.
Go to the Canadian Government Immigration website and get the info you need to do it right, and avoid taking steps which will take from you a lot of money and pay you back with regret.
Re: Landed In Calgary Canada by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 13, 2011
Obeledu,

Congrats,

i also started this scheme in March 2010,
i sent my complete application package in August 2011 after the initial approval came from Nova Scotia, Canada.

but i just received an additionla request for employer's letters and proof of funds.

i have sent it already.

but my Questions are:

i) How many days more will i have to wait to collect medical forms.??

ii) How long do you think the whole process come to pass?

ii) Is Ontario (mississauga) a better province to stay and get better job?

pls revert

my email is tokszeee@gmail.com
Re: Landed In Calgary Canada by guddylover(m): 3:10pm On Jul 21, 2012
To those of you who resides in Alberta,

Right now I live in Toronto, but am planning on moving down to Alberta because people keep informing me of the job prospects and they even said despite the increase on house rent expenses, that you save more living and working in Alberta, I am planning on going for my undergraduate studies @ Uni of Alberta/Calgary.

All I need to know now is that is it true that there are a lot of job opportunities there and they pay more compared to Toronto?

1 Like

Re: Landed In Calgary Canada by Osama10(m): 11:39am On May 30, 2013
How is Chief doing?
Re: Landed In Calgary Canada by DisGuy: 12:16am On Aug 03, 2021
How's it going now....well settled in?
Re: Landed In Calgary Canada by Nobody: 2:34am On Aug 03, 2021
See talk. Nigeria is good for children and we run saying we want to secure their future. Which one eh?
peace5050:
@Obeledu congrats ,  men  how come it took five years to get the permanent visa card, coz a friend of mine says it should only take a year. also please list the challenges in getting  the PR card

my advice i think you have made a good decision, but if i were you i would ensure the kids get the citizenship within the five years, maintain your job in Nigeria ,then send your child back as soon as they have the citizenship status. if you let them stay long over there chances are they would turn out to be naughty and randy, then this means all you sweat on them becomes nothing.
Re: Landed In Calgary Canada by Nobody: 3:12am On Aug 03, 2021
nowhere:
See talk. Nigeria is good for children and we run saying we want to secure their future. Which one eh?
quoting someone who last entered nairaland in 2013. Nawa o
Re: Landed In Calgary Canada by Cousin9999: 3:35am On Aug 03, 2021
Stop bumping these ancient threads.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud / Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday / World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.