Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,728 members, 7,834,418 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case (62954 Views)

Elizabeth Abimbola Awoliyi: Nigeria's First Female Medical Doctor / Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case / Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by deepwater(f): 6:14am On Feb 28, 2020
Ishilove:

Esigbo badoo.

On the bright side, the virus doesn't thrive in heat and Lagos is very hot right now.

Chinese people, stop eating everything that moves, una no go hear. Now see the problem you've put the world in.

What are u saying
This shit is in the Dubai that is hotter than sokoto

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by BanevsJoker(m): 6:15am On Feb 28, 2020
thunder74:
I dont trust this government of Buhari. People that cant protect Nigerians from terrorists they can see, how can they protect us from the virus they cannot see? Our shield is in God.
This virus might even be the solution to the conundrum this country has become. The moment it crosses the Niger River, everywhere go stew.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Nobody: 6:15am On Feb 28, 2020
BanevsJoker:

Do you have a government?

In fairness to the government, they already have measures in place since January.

The picture below was taken from MNA Lagos in January. Screening measures were in place back then.(SAURCE)

1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by enka05: 6:17am On Feb 28, 2020
I have first hand information about the said man.

1. They were four Italian expatriates that came in on 25th. They were all scheduled to go back yesterday. Well the other 3 left except this one that had symptoms already. He checked into a clinic on 26th and all tests came back negative until they decided to move him to Yaba for a coronavirus test.

Now here's the problem.

1. He had close contacts with people at the factory where he came to work.
2. He has close contacts at the airport plus the taxi driver that was all over him as oyibo concern.
3. He had access to domestic staff at the company quarters where he stayed.

Moral of this story.

Stock up your house with food.
Buy hand glove and mask when going out
Wash your hands as regular as possible
Coronavirus is here and it won't be funny at all.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Masterito(m): 6:20am On Feb 28, 2020
RIP to her and to everyone that died. However, this is obviously a platform or an opportunity to play politics of the health sector, right? Up to 70 persons died during the Ebola outbreak including a nurse, technicians and other persons of greater value to their family, but to you the only sacrificial lamb is the doctor. You are quite unpleasantly funny, honestly something is wrong with your head.
Ogbunigwe2018:
I hope there will be no sacrificial lamb Doctor, this time around.

R.I.P Dr Ameyo Adadevoh

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by adedayoa2(f): 6:22am On Feb 28, 2020
Thank God they were able to detect on time, if not e go just be like Patrick Sawyer.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by adedayoa2(f): 6:24am On Feb 28, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

In fairness to the government, they already have measures in place since January.

The picture below was taken from MNA Lagos in January. Screening measures were in place back then.(SAURCE)
i wonder why people are saying do we have a govt, bla bla bla bla, how was it detected in the first place of we dont have a govt

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by TMemos: 6:25am On Feb 28, 2020
STOP SHAKING HANDS!!!
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by petitejolie(f): 6:31am On Feb 28, 2020
OceanEye:
A friend of mine who works at airport told me a man was suspected to be infected at the airport and we should be awaiting result. Damnit!
another one? Eh God
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by BanevsJoker(m): 6:32am On Feb 28, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

The lady in the picture just contaminated her own desk. Incompetence everywhere.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Nobody: 6:34am On Feb 28, 2020
adedayoa2:
i wonder why people are saying do we have a govt, bla bla bla bla, how was it detected in the first place of we dont have a govt

During the Ebola outbreak in 2014 many anti-GEJ people were screaming that the government was incompetent then. Same as many anti-Buhari people are doing so.

Part of it is fear, part of it is politics. Make the other side look bad and evil. (There is a reason why some of us try not to take part in poltical jaw jaw on Nairaland anymore...for me both sides are as bad as each other...)

In fairness to the government, we do have a response on ground. Since one month before this man came in...if not earlier. WHO too has been very active.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Makavelli25: 6:36am On Feb 28, 2020
Tell me how this shit wont spread in 9ja Churches and mosques are crowded Universities and public schools You wan go buy jamb form sef na crowd Laslas people dey fight for street na still crowd

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Nobody: 6:36am On Feb 28, 2020
BanevsJoker:

The lady in the picture just contaminated her own desk. Incompetence everywhere.

Well, the screening method they are using is just to screen the temperature. Which is what they use everywhere in the world.

The problem is, it does not catch everyone.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Nobody: 6:39am On Feb 28, 2020
BanevsJoker:

Well, the screening method they are using is just to screen the temperature. Which is what they use everywhere in the world.

Plus it is an airborne disease...and even the most sensntive masks cannot offer 100% protection
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by LadyJasper: 6:39am On Feb 28, 2020
We're so careless in this country!
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by SEGLIZ: 6:43am On Feb 28, 2020
I doubt this is true, the only reason I would believe it our corrupt nature. I strongly believe it Is here for economical gains of our corrupt leaders, even when I know it is not here.
this virus must be atomic and nuclear in nature.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by hope4nigeria(m): 6:45am On Feb 28, 2020
Ishilove:

Esigbo badoo.

On the bright side, the virus doesn't thrive in heat and Lagos is very hot right now.

Chinese people, stop eating everything that moves, una no go hear. Now see the problem you've put the world in.
im suspecting this is a biological weapon from US, China and US has over the years fighting Trade war, American couldn't sanction china because of its strong economy stability, boom Corona virus and since January, china economy has greatly bn destabilise. You can't trust America when it comes to strange weapon.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Nobody: 6:45am On Feb 28, 2020
Ishilove:

Esigbo badoo.

Well, Africans also eat everything that breathes that's why we had Ebola the last time.

But I think these viruses might have been engineered in the lab to reduce population of Africa and China.

What do I know sef?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Ogbunigwe2018: 6:46am On Feb 28, 2020
Masterito:
RIP to her and to everyone that died. However, this is obviously a platform or an opportunity to play politics of the health sector, right? Up to 70 persons died during the Ebola outbreak including a nurse, technicians and other persons of greater value to their family, but to you the only sacrificial lamb is the doctor. You are quite unpleasantly funny, honestly something is wrong with your head.
Dr Adedavoh was actually in contact with the index case of the Ebola viridae that came in via the Liberian, Patrick Sawyer. She vehemently refused to release him against pressure from the liberian government. So, indirectly, she saved our asx by ensuring he was quarantined “For the greater good of the masses”.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by frowland(m): 6:46am On Feb 28, 2020
[s]
horsepower102:
To be brutally honest I am very worried about the level of incompetence in Buhari led administration which is still struggling with common polio eradication and Lassa fever.

I remember how excellent Jonathan’s administration handled the Ebola crisis and how American government even sent their CDC team to learn and implement the strategies developed by the health ministry during Jonathan.

Those who remember this event can bear me witness.
[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by SEGLIZ: 6:47am On Feb 28, 2020
FrLukas:

Well, Africans also eat everything that breathes that's why we had Ebola the last time.

But I think these viruses might have been engineered in the lab to reduce population of Africa and China.

What do I know sef?

EOD.
case closed.
only the wise would understand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Onlyonebuhari: 6:48am On Feb 28, 2020
Thank God we have Lagos State in Nigeria. God is using the state for Nigeria, same thing they did on Ebola then. May God reward them....
. Aamin
Tinubu should come and turn the rest of Nigeria to Lagos. But some kerosene sharing kids won't like this.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by klever18(m): 6:49am On Feb 28, 2020
corona virus is caused by corruption -magu

lets fight it together we have more than 50 people who might have had contact with the italian
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by blackbriar: 6:50am On Feb 28, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

Plus it is an airborne disease...and even the most sensntive masks cannot offer 100% protection

it has not been confirmed as an airborne disease . it spreads like flu...common in contact with infected person or what he /she has handled
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Omobada(m): 6:52am On Feb 28, 2020
sotall:
It shall not be well with that man at aso rock.

He has nothing to offer.
You better work on yourself so that it will be well with you like him. Two times president who is now over 70. what do you think he would need to achieve again before you can agree that it's actually well with him already.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by klever18(m): 6:53am On Feb 28, 2020
blackbriar:

it has not been confirmed as an airborne disease . it spreads like flu...common in contact with infected person or what he /she has handled
corona na virus .it does not have life outside a living cell
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by luluosas(m): 6:54am On Feb 28, 2020
God help the poor Nigerians oooooooo
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by kayusely70(m): 6:55am On Feb 28, 2020
We shall overcome
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by pk2me: 6:55am On Feb 28, 2020
enka05:
I have first hand information about the said man.

1. They were four Italian expatriates that came in on 25th. They were all scheduled to go back yesterday. Well the other 3 left except this one that had symptoms already. He checked into a clinic on 26th and all tests came back negative until they decided to move him to Yaba for a coronavirus test.

Now here's the problem.

1. He had close contacts with people at the factory where he came to work.
2. He has close contacts at the airport plus the taxi driver that was all over him as oyibo concern.
3. He had access to domestic staff at the company quarters where he stayed.

Moral of this story.

Stock up your house with food.
Buy hand glove and mask when going out
Wash your hands as regular as possible
Coronavirus is here and it won't be funny at all.
Truth, it is easier to spread to other states bcus Lagos is a business hub where buyers from other states travel to for business.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Wasky101: 6:56am On Feb 28, 2020
sotall:
It shall not be well with that man at aso rock.

He has nothing to offer.
Buhari must be constantly giving you nightmares, without him even knowing of your existence, phew what a life
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by bigiyaro(m): 6:58am On Feb 28, 2020
Ishilove:

Esigbo badoo.

forget that eating something story, this is a man made bio weapon that got leaked.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by bluefilm: 6:58am On Feb 28, 2020
Finally...

The End is Here!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rivers State Buried The 27 Dead Cows Imported Into The State From North / Dead Body In Yobe Transported With Wheelbarrow From Hospital To Deceased Home / How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.