Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong (30607 Views)

Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US / Nigerian Student Volunteers To Help Fight Coronavirus In Nanjing, China (Photo) / Coronavirus In Wuhan: ‘We Would Rather Die At Home Than Go To Quarantine’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong by reporterslab: 3:41am On Feb 29, 2020
As humans throughout the world grapple with the widespread outbreak of the novel coronavirus, a pet dog has been found to have a "low level" of the virus, a spokesperson for the Hong Kong's agriculture, fisheries and conservation department said in a statement Friday. Dogs, cats and other mammals owned as pets by confirmed coronavirus patients must now undergo a 14-day quarantine, the spokesperson added.

The department said the dog, whose owner was infected with coronavirus, tested "weak positive" for COVID-19 virus after its nasal and rectal samples were collected for testing earlier this week.

"The nasal and oral cavity samples were tested weak positive to COVID-19 virus," the department's statement read. "The dog does not have any relevant symptoms."

Despite the preliminary test result on the animal, there is no evidence to suggest pets could be infected or be a source of infection for humans, according to the statement. The department will undergo further testing on the dog to see if it's really been infected with the virus or a result of "environmental contamination" of its mouth and nose.

At the moment, officials said it's the only dog under quarantine at the animal-keeping facility at Hong Kong Port of Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge.

CBS News' Grace Qi reports veterinarians in Hong Kong are also calling for calm after the "weak positive" case was announced. Experts said it's very unlikely that pets such as dogs and cats could be infected with the coronavirus, as very few viruses can jump between species.

Source: https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/coronavirus-dog-hong-kong-tests-positive/#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong by Nobody: 3:48am On Feb 29, 2020
This is the problem with having pets. They can complicate the process of disease containment. Now people have to start looking out for themselves and pets as well. Double trouble. undecided

100 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong by noblealuu: 3:51am On Feb 29, 2020
eduman365:
This is the problem with having pets... They can complicate the process of disease containment... Now people have to start looking out for themselves and pets as well. Double trouble....
Re: Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong by mrgreen4real(m): 5:02am On Feb 29, 2020
Are they trying to tell us to stop eating anything that is moving?
Now my friends A, D, P, M, M and B (Initials of names) will now know reason I refused to eat dog alongside them.

The fear of anything that moves is the beginning of wisdom.
There is no animal that come to exist in this world that willing to die for man to consume.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong by RiyaGoddess(f): 6:04am On Feb 29, 2020
Those people still doing kill and eat OYO is your case ooo. Snake, Rat, Dog, Ape, Cat eaters continue...

A customer of mine is in need of a partner to share a bale of male polo top with her. Interested persons should chat me up.

4 Likes

Re: Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong by ZombieHUNT: 6:18am On Feb 29, 2020
Kill and chop people.....

Over to you
Re: Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong by YoungPerson(m): 6:18am On Feb 29, 2020
Mosquitoes go fit spread am, no?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong by Onyenna(m): 7:28am On Feb 29, 2020
YoungPerson:
Mosquitoes go fit spread am, no?

Chooiii! I never reason go there oooh....

What if the mosquito moves from an infected person to a healthy person??.... I ain't talking about blood to blood infection Via mosquito bite cos that would likely not work..... I'm talking about a mosquito making contact with an infected person and also landing on the skin of another healthy person.....

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong by slyfox35(m): 7:36am On Feb 29, 2020
We have been hearing about end time,I seriously think this is it,God have mercy on us

5 Likes

Re: Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong by Endtimebro: 8:07am On Feb 29, 2020
A working system who take things serious.
Here even proper screening and quarantine measures were not implemented at our port until a case was reported.
Re: Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong by Perfecttouchade: 8:07am On Feb 29, 2020
Even dogs are not safe anymore.. people in Ogun state, Lagos State abeg stay careful out there...if for now lock up all your pets so that the spread can be contained..all those local Waka Waka dogs sef

5 Likes

Re: Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong by hemartins(m): 8:07am On Feb 29, 2020
No need to panic. Just follow the preventive measures.
Very soon, corona virus will be a thing of the past.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong by Oblitz(m): 8:07am On Feb 29, 2020
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong by oluwatosink: 8:07am On Feb 29, 2020
Strong countries should find the cure or prevention of the virus..Africans Don fight Ebola.make them fight their own corona virus.

30 Likes

Re: Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong by LosC: 8:08am On Feb 29, 2020
Kill that Dog
Re: Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong by SPLITS(f): 8:08am On Feb 29, 2020
Just like Ebola, it will still be a story.
Amen

8 Likes

Re: Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong by Mrrationalshop: 8:08am On Feb 29, 2020
Oh God when will this virus disappear from the surface of the earth cross .

Proffessional website or blog for just 15k call or Whatsapp 070-154335-02
Re: Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong by Nobody: 8:09am On Feb 29, 2020
Onyenna:

Chooiii! I never reason go there oooh....

What if the mosquito moves from an infected person to a healthy person??.... I ain't talking about blood to blood infection Via mosquito bite cos that would likely not work..... I'm talking about a mosquito making contact with an infected person and also landing on the skin of another healthy person.....
Nope it isn't possible.
Re: Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong by bankyblue(m): 8:09am On Feb 29, 2020
Which kind problem be this!
Re: Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong by Bashnigga(m): 8:09am On Feb 29, 2020
SPLITS:
Just like Ebola, it will still be a story.
Amen
Amen o

To avoid confusion

1 Like

Re: Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong by Mikelarteta(m): 8:10am On Feb 29, 2020
When is Buhari going to Hong Kong?
Re: Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong by jaxxy(m): 8:10am On Feb 29, 2020
Case zero grin
Re: Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong by itsme01: 8:10am On Feb 29, 2020
RiyaGoddess:
Those people still doing kill and eat OYO is your case ooo. Snake, Rat, Dog, Ape, Cat eaters continue...

A customer of mine is in need of a partner to share a bale of male polo top with her. Interested persons should chat me up.

OYO is not their case, they would eat it and infect everybody.. so OYO is all of our case if we allow them eat wild animals like they are cave men

This is why I like North Korea's quarantine procedure , you cough anyhow they fire you AK47

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong by nanauju(f): 8:10am On Feb 29, 2020
Some dog eaters I know will not like this story lol

Ghana bathing soap, totally natural, no chemicals added, it is produced with fruits, herbs and plants, it lightens, fades stretch marks, smoothens ur skin and makes u look younger and your skin cleaner. It clears black spots, black knuckles, stretch marks and pimples in few days. Price is 1500 but negotiable if u are buying more than one. Contact me 070 6180 9819

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong by ursullalinda(f): 8:10am On Feb 29, 2020
Even animals are not spared from this evil disease......God help us oh.
Re: Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong by olaboy33(m): 8:10am On Feb 29, 2020
That dog in Hong Kong would get proper care than the Italy man being gradually hidden and killed here in the name of quarantine.

6 Likes

Re: Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong by YesNo(m): 8:11am On Feb 29, 2020
THE END

1 Like

Re: Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong by betterpikinn: 8:11am On Feb 29, 2020
grin
Re: Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong by Nobody: 8:11am On Feb 29, 2020
grin cheesy wink

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chinelo Chidozie And Ndidi Obidoa Develop Sunscreen Cream For Black Skin (Photo) / Dots On The Skin / Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.