Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,320 members, 7,850,145 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:07 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus (3163 Views)

Covid-19:revelation Of The Lord On Corona Virus Covid-19. By Sis.linda Paul Rika / Tb Joshua prophecy on Corona is working PICTURES / Prophet Mike Agboola Prophecy On Osun Election: 'Omisore Is Winner' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by Janosky: 10:20pm On Jan 01, 2021
Emusan:

That means we can trust those scientists more than people behind the publication of Awake.

That's your own business.. Psalms 146:3
JWs trust the word of our God, Jehovah is alive and exert power Hebrews 4:12, as we see the fulfillment of Luke 21:7, 10, 11:
"Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; and there will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another pestilences.”

The Bible also foretells that during the time of the end, there will be “deadly plague.”​—Revelation 6:8.
These events (pestilences and deadly plagues etc) will take place before God's kingdom comes -the best solution for mankind's problems Matthew 6:10 and 2 Peter 3:13, Rev 21:4-5
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by DappaD: 10:59pm On Jan 01, 2021
Tcwork:
Wow... I think this is teaching religious intolerance. Hopefully the apostles did not mean that we ostracize our fellow human beings.
Learning to show love to even the hopeless sinner i's the way of Christ.
Religious intolerance has not made the world a better place
Something I have come to learn is we can justify evil practice using the scriptures.
There is so much good about JW but religious intolerance and exclusion cannot be right.

You would do yourself a lot of good if you read 1Corinthians 5:11,6:9-10; Galatians 5:19-21 from your Bible and ask yourself if you would allow a person who practiced such vile things to be your closest companion.

Jehovah's Witnesses hold to high moral standards in liaise with the Bible and if someone has come to terms with Biblical standards and later decides to break them, the overseers in the congregation will attempt to readjust him after a number of times(Galatians 6:1), if he doesn't feel sorry about the wrong he did and doesn't change his ways, the disfellowshiping arrangement comes to the fore and is usually the last resort.

Tell me, if such disciplinary action isn't taken, don't you think the unrepentant wrongdoer will feel okay with what he did and that the others who are aware of his sinful conduct might think it's now okay to practice such things?

Discipline is painful but in the end it yields beautiful results when the wrongdoer changes his ways after reevaluating himself. Hebrews 12:11

Also, for your information, Paul expelled unrepentant dissenters from the Christian congregation. 1Timothy 1:20 see 1Corinthians 5:5 also.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by Tcwork: 11:11pm On Jan 01, 2021
[quote author=DappaD post=97629499]

You would do yourself a lot of good if you read 1Corinthians 5:11,6:9-10; Galatians 5:19-21 from your Bible and ask yourself if you would allow a person who practiced such vile things to be your closest companion.

Jehovah's Witnesses hold to high moral standards in liaise with the Bible and if someone has come to terms with Biblical standards and later decides to break them, the overseers in the congregation will attempt to readjust him after a number of times(Galatians 6:1), if he doesn't feel sorry about the wrong he did and doesn't change his ways, the disfellowshiping arrangement comes to the fore and is usually the last resort.

Tell me, if such disciplinary action isn't taken, don't you think the unrepentant wrongdoer will feel okay with what he did and that the others who are aware of his sinful conduct might think it's now okay to practice such things?

Discipline is painful but in the end it yields beautiful results when the wrongdoer changes his ways after reevaluating himself. Hebrews 12:11

Also, for your information, Paul expelled unrepentant dissenters from the Christian congregation. 1Timothy 1:20 see 1Corinthians 5:5[/quote)
I really don't have any issue with church discipline but with the members taking it on to blocking the person on social media.
If it can get that far, something is terribly wrong.
Imagine if that guy was employed by a member does that mean he would loss his job?
Church matters are now being taken to the work place, social media and community
Its wrong.
If it was a Muslim that does such we would all condemn his action.
Every church is free to punish it's members according to their laws but we are now justifying the Ostracizing of a fellow human being.
That means if such a person was in a community with only JW members, he would starve to death.
No one would sell or buy from him.
You don't need to read the Bible to know that this is wicked
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by DappaD: 11:18pm On Jan 01, 2021
Tcwork:
I really don't have any issue with church discipline but with the members taking it on to blocking the person on social media.
If it can get that far, something is terribly wrong.
Imagine if that guy was employed by a member does that mean he would loss his job?
Church matters are now being taken to the work place, social media and community
Its wrong.
If it was a Muslim that does such we would all condemn his action.
Every church is free to punish it's members according to their laws but we are now justifying the Ostracizing of a fellow human being.
That means if such a person was in a community with only JW members, he would starve to death.
No one would sell or buy from him.
You don't need to read the Bible to know that this is wicked

Sir there's no need to get emotional or to pull up the “Humanity first before religion” card . Just know that your viewpoint and that of the Bible are in sharp contrast because most people who claim they believe in God would argue that some parts of the Bible are incorrect and that's the mindset you're exhibiting now. 2John 9-11 says not even to greet such a person who has willfully violated God's standards and has also rejected help to change his thinking. James 5:14

P.S.: Do your best to quote me well without messing up the whole thing.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by Tcwork: 11:34pm On Jan 01, 2021
DappaD:

Sir there's no need to get emotional or to pull up the “Humanity first before religion” card . Just know that your viewpoint and that of the Bible are in sharp contrast because most people who claim they believe in God would argue that some parts of the Bible are incorrect and that's the mindset you're exhibiting now. 2John 9-11 says not even to greet such a person who has willfully violated God's standards and has also rejected help to change his thinking. James 5:14

P.S.: Do your best to quote me well without messing up the whole thing.
I am not sure the bible comanded that we block formal members on social media.Now let's be honest. If such a person was your boss, would you stop greeting him?
If it were your son, would you chase him from your home?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by achorladey: 12:12am On Jan 02, 2021
[quote author=Tcwork post=97629850][/quote]

That means if such a person was in a community with only JW members, he would starve to death.No one would sell or buy from him. You don't need to read the Bible to know that this is wicked

To the above you never see anything. I told they have EVIDENCE of parents should not even pick the calls of their son or daughter who is DISFELLOWSHIPPED or DISASSOCIATED or COMMUNICATE via e-mails grin grin grin

You see how they skip questions raised based on the scriptures they cited? Na the policies and procedures of the organization dey belong they follow. Disagreement with what their Governing Body says is as good as APOSTASY even when it's clear the GB don't disseminate "PERFECT SPIRITUAL FOOD". In reality in the world of JWs you get ostracized for doing the right thing grin grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by Tcwork: 12:21am On Jan 02, 2021
achorladey:

That means if such a person was in a community with only JW members, he would starve to death.No one would sell or buy from him. You don't need to read the Bible to know that this is wicked

To the above you never see anything. I told they have EVIDENCE of parents should not even pick the calls of their son or daughter who is DISFELLOWSHIPPED or DISASSOCIATED or COMMUNICATE via e-mails grin grin grin

You see how they skip questions raised based on the scriptures they cited? Na the policies and procedures of the organization dey belong they follow. Disagreement with what their Governing Body says is as good as APOSTASY even when it's clear the GB don't disseminate "PERFECT SPIRITUAL FOOD". In reality in the world of JWs you get ostracized for doing the right thing grin grin

If true, this is scary stuff. I never knew this.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by achorladey: 12:23am On Jan 02, 2021
Tcwork:

From the thread, we learnt that JW members blocked a formal member on facebook.
I asked for a reason and you gave me these 2 scriptures.
I imagined how the world would be if every church applied same rules.
Families would be broken up. Communities would be spilt in two.
Catholics would block all protestants.
You seem to forget that Facebook isn't just about religion. There is s much we can share outside our religious beliefs.
The very same thing happened in Igbo traditional religion. That was how Osu was born.
Christianity should stand out.

The handwriting is on the WALL. You have a BIASED mindset. Oga how will you solve that in the cause of the discussion? grin grin grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by Tcwork: 12:39am On Jan 02, 2021
achorladey:

The handwriting is on the WALL. You have a BIASED mindset. Oga how will you solve that in the cause of the discussion? grin grin grin

I am the one that those not believe in treating people like shit even after they left your church how can you say I have a biased mindset.
My mindset is all about treating people with respect and dignity even when you no longer hold the same religious beliefs.
Please tell me how can that be biased.
I actually though it was not a church policy. That maybe some members just decided to block a formal brother on their own accord. But the more we discuss, the more it is looking like a JW commandment to stop showing love to anyone that leaves their faith.
I never attack any church. I rather discuss the doctrines whether right or wrong
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by achorladey: 12:46am On Jan 02, 2021
Tcwork:

I am the one that those not believe in treating people like shit even after they left your church how can you say I have a biased mindset.
My mindset is all about treating people with respect and dignity even when you no longer hold the same religious beliefs.
Please tell me how can that be biased.

That was what Max placed before you because you decided to see the reason behind why JWs OSTRACIZE people who no longer holds same belief as the JWs again.

I was only asking how can you move forward in discussing with Max when he already says you have a BIASED mindset about the issue already.

Since whatever you say is classified as BIASED grin cheesy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by Tcwork: 12:49am On Jan 02, 2021
Any doctrine that encourages us to stop loving others can't be right. 1 corinthians 13.8 8Charity never faileth.
Even when we have fallen away God never stops loving us.
The father of the prodigal son never stopped loving his son.
We don't stop to show love for the purpose of religion.
Our religion is love
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by DappaD: 12:49am On Jan 02, 2021
Tcwork:

I am not sure the bible comanded that we block formal members on social media.Now let's be honest. If such a person was your boss, would you stop greeting him?
If it were your son, would you chase him from your home?

Love for Jehovah our God comes first before love for a relative or an associate. Matthew 22:37-39, Colossians 3:23
When it comes to the examples you highlighted, routinal activities may continue depending on the circumstances but close association/friendship ties will be terminated. 2John 9-11
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by DappaD: 12:53am On Jan 02, 2021
Tcwork:
Any doctrine that encourages us to stop loving others can't be right. 1 corinthians 13.8 8Charity never faileth.
Even when we have fallen away God never stops loving us.
The father of the prodigal son never stopped loving his son.
We don't stop to show love for the purpose of religion.
Our religion is love

Jehovah's Witnesses are the embodiment of love. John 13:34-35, 1Peter 1:22
But 1Corinthians 13:6 says that “love doesn't rejoice at wrongdoing” (ESV Bible)
So love would not be extended to somebody who has deliberately pursued a course of sin and refused to change after help has been rendered. Galatians 6:1
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by Tcwork: 12:54am On Jan 02, 2021
achorladey:

That was what Max placed before you because you decided to see the reason behind why JWs OSTRACIZE people who no longer holds same belief as the JWs again.

I was only asking how can you move forward in discussing with Max when he already says you have a BIASED mindset about the issue already.

Since whatever you say is classified as BIASED grin cheesy
My man I have no bias this is the first time I would be hearing of this strange JW doctrine.
I am igbo and I see it's just copied from the Osu playbook. A tradition that has brought pain to many.
Today's world i's all about breaking walls. Opening up to others and acceptin others could be different from us
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by Tcwork: 12:58am On Jan 02, 2021
Matthew 5.44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

If you love me, you don't block me on Facebook and cut me out of your life.
You don't stop communicating with me, trading with me, living with me
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by achorladey: 1:04am On Jan 02, 2021
Tcwork:

My man I have no bias this is the first time I would be hearing of this strange JW doctrine.
I am igbo and I see it's just copied from the Osu playbook. A tradition that has brought pain to many.
Today's world i's all about breaking walls. Opening up to others and acceptin others could be different from us

I am still wondering the essence of Max point about you being BIASED.

Take your time to find out more about their disfellowshipping and disassociation palaver.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by Tcwork: 1:11am On Jan 02, 2021
achorladey:

I am still wondering the essence of Max point about you being BIASED.

Take your time to find out more about their disfellowshipping and disassociation palaver.

I will
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by achorladey: 1:18am On Jan 02, 2021
Tcwork:
Matthew 5.44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

If you love me, you don't block me on Facebook and cut me out of your life.
You don't stop communicating with me, trading with me, living with me

Let me key this SCRIPTURE below with the above you expressed.

2 Thessalonians 5: 13.

For your part, brothers, do not give up in doing good. 14 But if anyone is not obedient to our word through this letter, keep this one marked and stop associating with him, so that he may become ashamed. 15 And yet do not consider him an enemy, but continue admonishing him as a brother.

The instruction given was to stop ASSOCIATING but not to consider that person as an ENEMY.

How does God wants us to treat ENEMIES as captured in the Matthew 5:44 you cited? Pray for them do good to them that was what Jesus said.

Since that's the way we should treat a person considered as ENEMY how much more someone Paul said DO NOT CONSIDER THEM AS AN ENEMY

How did Paul himself said we should treat ENEMIES

Romans 12: 20 But “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by doing this you will heap fiery coals on his head.

How should we then treat someone that is to be ADMONISHED continuously as a brother?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by Tcwork: 1:27am On Jan 02, 2021
achorladey:

Let me key this SCRIPTURE below with the above you expressed.

2 Thessalonians 5: 13.

For your part, brothers, do not give up in doing good. 14 But if anyone is not obedient to our word through this letter, keep this one marked and stop associating with him, so that he may become ashamed. 15 And yet do not consider him an enemy, but continue admonishing him as a brother.

The instruction given was to stop ASSOCIATING but not to consider that person as an ENEMY.

How does God wants us to treat ENEMIES as captured in the Matthew 5:44 you cited? Pray for them do good to them that was what Jesus said.

Since that's the way we should treat a person considered as ENEMY how much more someone Paul said DO NOT CONSIDER THEM AS AN ENEMY

How did Paul himself said we should treat ENEMIES

Romans 12: 20 But “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by doing this you will heap fiery coals on his head.

How should we then treat someone that is to be ADMONISHED continuously as a brother?
So true
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:55am On Jan 02, 2021
Should i conclude that this is your PRACTICAL APPLICATION of those two Bible verses or you're just trying to carry emotions along with laid down principles? smiley

Well let me quench your spiritual thirst!

Imagine how the world will be if we're not killing any wrongdoer but ostracizing them in our society, the world agreed to build prison yards for a reason, it's to keep criminals is a dungeon away from law abiding citizens so that they will not infect our children with their evil mindsets and secondly to make them realise that their attitude makes them like lepers. In ancient Israel lepers are to leave the premises of the clean people so as not to infect them. Spiritually speaking unrepentant wrongdoers are just like those lepers they're not to be found anywhere close to clean people.

God set this standard and it was part of God's law. Jesus specifically chose Paul as the Apostle that will interpret what the laws of the former covenant means in Christianity. That's why Paul wrote lots and lots of letters to so many people from different races, cultures and background on how to practice Christianity without throwing away their cultures that doesn't contradict God's standard.

You have been misinformed completely about the proceedings for disfellowshiping a former member of the Christian congregation. There are two decisions to be taken depending on the attitude of the wrongdoer.

We all vowed to live by Christian standards but due to imperfection we make mistakes so all we need then is to be readjusted back to order. In such a case the wrongdoer is called upon by the elders of the Christian congregation to know what he thinks about his misconduct {2Samuel 12:1} note how Nathan rebuked King David, he presented his own wrongdoings before him and asked him to judge, unknowingly David ruled against himself {2Samuel 12:2-6} immediately Nathan declared to David saying "you are the criminal". Please take note of what David said next "I have sinned against Jehovah" {2Samuel 12:13} according to God's law David supposed to be stoned to death for snatching another man's wife [1] and for killing an innocent soul [2]

So what was JEHOVAH'S judgment?

Note that JEHOVAH first told David what he has concluded to do,
[1] The baby born through that means will die despite how David cherish having children he submitted to God's judicial decision.
[2] Another man will do the same thing to David (not secretly the way David did) but in the face of all Israel.
[3] David's children will kill themselves! embarassed

David didn't protest saying NO! his humble response is "I have sinned against Jehovah". So instantly JEHOVAH said "you've been forgiven" but the sinner (David) will not go unpunished!

That's exactly what is happening amongst JWs today! If any of us goes contrary to laid down principles of the organization such a person will be called upon to know how he/she feels towards the wrongdoing, are you ready to admit your wrongdoing? If so then appropriate measures will be taken to help you while you're under reproof secretly (just as JEHOVAH secretly reproved David) but if you want to justify your wrongdoing then it means you're no more willing to live by your vows so JWs will declare to all members "A or B is no more one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES" of course he/she knows what that means before then! 1Corinthians 5:12-13; 2John 9-11 smiley

Tcwork:

From the thread, we learnt that JW members blocked a formal member on facebook.
I asked for a reason and you gave me these 2 scriptures.
I imagined how the world would be if every church applied same rules.
Families would be broken up. Communities would be spilt in two.
Catholics would block all protestants.
You seem to forget that Facebook isn't just about religion. There is s much we can share outside our religious beliefs.
The very same thing happened in Igbo traditional religion. That was how Osu was born.
Christianity should stand out.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by Emusan(m): 7:11am On Jan 02, 2021
Janosky:

That's your own business.. Psalms 146:3
JWs trust the word of our God, Jehovah is alive and exert power Hebrews 4:12, as we see the fulfillment of Luke 21:7, 10, 11:
"Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; and there will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another pestilences.”

The Bible also foretells that during the time of the end, there will be “deadly plague.”​—Revelation 6:8.
These events (pestilences and deadly plagues etc) will take place before God's kingdom comes -the best solution for mankind's problems Matthew 6:10 and 2 Peter 3:13, Rev 21:4-5

So where is the word of your god, when Awake was busy using the work of scientists?

Since your GB don't have anything in Jesus, that's why they can't receive any messages from Him after many failed prophecies, they now resort to "Oh No! JWs don't prophesy, we only reveal the truth from the Scripture"
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by Tcwork: 9:36am On Jan 02, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Should i conclude that this is your PRACTICAL APPLICATION of those two Bible verses or you're just trying to carry emotions along with laid down principles? smiley

Well let me quench your spiritual thirst!

Imagine how the world will be if we're not killing any wrongdoer but ostracizing them in our society, the world agreed to build prison yards for a reason, it's to keep criminals is a dungeon away from law abiding citizens so that they will not infect our children with their evil mindsets and secondly to make them realise that their attitude makes them like lepers. In ancient Israel lepers are to leave the premises of the clean people so as not to infect them. Spiritually speaking unrepentant wrongdoers are just like those lepers they're not to be found anywhere close to clean people.

God set this standard and it was part of God's law. Jesus specifically chose Paul as the Apostle that will interpret what the laws of the former covenant means in Christianity. That's why Paul wrote lots and lots of letters to so many people from different races, cultures and background on how to practice Christianity without throwing away their cultures that doesn't contradict God's standard.

You have been misinformed completely about the proceedings for disfellowshiping a former member of the Christian congregation. There are two decisions to be taken depending on the attitude of the wrongdoer.

We all vowed to live by Christian standards but due to imperfection we make mistakes so all we need then is to be readjusted back to order. In such a case the wrongdoer is called upon by the elders of the Christian congregation to know what he thinks about his misconduct {2Samuel 12:1} note how Nathan rebuked King David, he presented his own wrongdoings before him and asked him to judge, unknowingly David ruled against himself {2Samuel 12:2-6} immediately Nathan declared to David saying "you are the criminal". Please take note of what David said next "I have sinned against Jehovah" {2Samuel 12:13} according to God's law David supposed to be stoned to death for snatching another man's wife [1] and for killing an innocent soul [2]

So what was JEHOVAH'S judgment?

Note that JEHOVAH first told David what he has concluded to do,
[1] The baby born through that means will die despite how David cherish having children he submitted to God's judicial decision.
[2] Another man will do the same thing to David (not secretly the way David did) but in the face of all Israel.
[3] David's children will kill themselves! embarassed

David didn't protest saying NO! his humble response is "I have sinned against Jehovah". So instantly JEHOVAH said "you've been forgiven" but the sinner (David) will not go unpunished!

That's exactly what is happening amongst JWs today! If any of us goes contrary to laid down principles of the organization such a person will be called upon to know how he/she feels towards the wrongdoing, are you ready to admit your wrongdoing? If so then appropriate measures will be taken to help you while you're under reproof secretly (just as JEHOVAH secretly reproved David) but if you want to justify your wrongdoing then it means you're no more willing to live by your vows so JWs will declare to all members "A or B is no more one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES" of course he/she knows what that means before then! 1Corinthians 5:12-13; 2John 9-11 smiley

Well I believe you are the one having problems understanding the scriptures. In fact most of the scriptures you brought have no reliance to this matter. The leprosy example you gave is purely a health issue. In modern day we quarantine.
We are talking about the ill treatment of disfellowshipped members.
Also you keep saying I am emotional, there you are very right. I am emotional. We are looking at the maltreatment of fellow humans here.
The bible is the easiest book to quote when we want to turn to evil.
Adolf Hitler''s Nazi Germany found reason in the bible for their conquest.
The European and American slave owners argued the need to keep slaves from the bible.
Now you are arguing the need to mistreat an ex member, saying it was God that told you to do so.
The very same way a Boko Haram suicide bomber would claim he is being led by God.
I asked you a very practical question earlier.
If your employer is disfellowshipped, would you go jobless to avoid relating to him?
Or if a father is disfellowshipped, would his children go homeless so not to talk to their father?
Imagine a country or city filled with only your members. The disfellowshipped would find it hard to survive many would end up dying.
This is the 21st century. The world has come a long way. We have learnt not to mix religion with secular life to avoid bigotry.
The world has become a better place because people are doing away with rules like this.
Now I not only talk with emotion, I also apply common sense. My common sense tells me to treat every one, even disfellowshipped members with love.
The best way to show a sinful brother the error in his ways is to show him love.
Jesus Christ distanced himself from no one.
He told apostate in Isaiah 1.18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
This is the Lord inviting an apostate and rebellious people back to him.
Even in his anger, he told the unrepentant nation Isaiah 9.12
the Syrians before, and the Philistines behind; and they shall devour Israel with open mouth. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.
Read also
Isaiah 9.21
21Manasseh, Ephraim; and Ephraim, Manasseh: and they together shall be against Judah. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.
And
Isaiah 9.17
17Therefore the LORD shall have no joy in their young men, neither shall have mercy on their fatherless and widows: for every one is an hypocrite and an evildoer, and every mouth speaketh folly. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still

This scripture tells us that even in his anger, the Saviors arms are open. He does not block us on Facebook. He extends his hands so that if ever we would return, we would be recieved.
When Israel fell away From the Lord, he continued to send prophet upon prophet until he finally sent his son.
We follow the examples of Christ. We do not give up on the rebellious.
Paul never told the members of the church to ostracized any one. He only told the church to disfellowship unrepentant members. His teachings were not to the members to size to communicate with them. It was to the churich to discipline them.
But like I said earlier anyone can use the bible as an excuse for bigotry and injustice. The salve owners did it.
You cannot love God and justify hate
John 4:20
If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen
1 John 2:9-11
Whoever says he is in the light and hates his brother is still in darkness. Whoever loves his brother abides in the light, and in him there is no cause for stumbling. But whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

What is hate?
When you cut someone away from your society, you have no dealings with him, you don't show him care and affection. That is hate.
Even Jesus visited the sinners in prison at his death.
1 Peter 3. 19-20
19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
Who's examples are we following

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:03am On Jan 02, 2021
Well keep applying it the best way you know Sir while JWs apply it the best way we know , i hope you know that our own God differs from yours so it's not the same spirit that's interpreting the word, no wahala! smiley

Tcwork:

Well I believe you are the one having problems understanding the scriptures. In fact most of the scriptures you brought have no reliance to this matter. The leprosy example you gave is purely a health issue. In modern day we quarantine.
We are talking about the ill treatment of disfellowshipped members.
Also you keep saying I am emotional, there you are very right. I am emotional. We are looking at the maltreatment of fellow humans here.
The bible is the easiest book to quote when we want to turn to evil.
Adolf Hitler''s Nazi Germany found reason in the bible for their conquest.
The European and American slave owners argued the need to keep slaves from the bible.
Now you are arguing the need to mistreat an ex member, saying it was God that told you to do so.
The very same way a Boko Haram suicide bomber would claim he is being led by God.
I asked you a very practical question earlier.
If your employer is disfellowshipped, would you go jobless to avoid relating to him?
Or if a father is disfellowshipped, would his children go homeless so not to talk to their father?
Imagine a country or city filled with only your members. The disfellowshipped would find it hard to survive many would end up dying.
This is the 21st century. The world has come a long way. We have learnt not to mix religion with secular life to avoid bigotry.
The world has become a better place because people are doing away with rules like this.
Now I not only talk with emotion, I also apply common sense. My common sense tells me to treat every one, even disfellowshipped members with love.
The best way to show a sinful brother the error in his ways is to show him love.
Jesus Christ distanced himself from no one.
He told apostate in Isaiah 1.18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
This is the Lord inviting an apostate and rebellious people back to him.
Even in his anger, he told the unrepentant nation Isaiah 9.12
the Syrians before, and the Philistines behind; and they shall devour Israel with open mouth. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.
Read also
Isaiah 9.21
21Manasseh, Ephraim; and Ephraim, Manasseh: and they together shall be against Judah. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.
And
Isaiah 9.17
17Therefore the LORD shall have no joy in their young men, neither shall have mercy on their fatherless and widows: for every one is an hypocrite and an evildoer, and every mouth speaketh folly. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still

This scripture tells us that even in his anger, the Saviors arms are open. He does not block us on Facebook. He extends his hands so that if ever we would return, we would be recieved.
When Israel fell away From the Lord, he continued to send prophet upon prophet until he finally sent his son.
We follow the examples of Christ. We do not give up on the rebellious.
Paul never told the members of the church to ostracized any one. He only told the church to disfellowship unrepentant members. His teachings were not to the members to size to communicate with them. It was to the churich to discipline them.
But like I said earlier anyone can use the bible as an excuse for bigotry and injustice. The salve owners did it.
You cannot love God and justify hate
John 4:20
If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen
1 John 2:9-11
Whoever says he is in the light and hates his brother is still in darkness. Whoever loves his brother abides in the light, and in him there is no cause for stumbling. But whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

What is hate?
When you cut someone away from your society, you have no dealings with him, you don't show him care and affection. That is hate.
Even Jesus visited the sinners in prison at his death.
1 Peter 3. 19-20
19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
Who's examples are we following

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by Tcwork: 10:36am On Jan 02, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Well keep applying it the best way you know Sir while JWs apply it the best way we know , i hope you know that our own God differs from yours so it's not the same spirit that's interpreting the word, no wahala! smiley

You are very correct. You just opened my eyes

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:47am On Jan 02, 2021
That's what most of you don't know!

Our God differ from yours, otherwise there won't be all these endless arguments. So since you know now go out there and FISH for worshipers while we go out to do our own business as well.
There is freedom of speech expression and worship today, the judgment is in God's hands! Revelations 22:11 smiley

Tcwork:

You are very correct. You just opened my eyes
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by Tcwork: 11:08am On Jan 02, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Our God differ from yours, otherwise there won't be all these endless arguments. So since you know now go out there and FISH for worshipers while we go out to do our own business as well.
There is freedom of speech expression and worship today, the judgment is in God's hands! Revelations 22:11 smiley

You know what, you are right.
But don't forget you are the once always going out to Fish for worshippers. If anyone has questions to answer it's you.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:35am On Jan 02, 2021
You're right!
He sent us out as FISHERS OF MEN {Matthew 4:19} but he sent us out in search for the lost sheep of the house of Israel {Matthew 10:6} this means it's not all kinds of people that's worthy of our message {Matthew 7:6} that's why we use discernment to know if you're asking with sincerity or just trying to argue {Titus 3:9} if we notice that you're sincere in your quest we must not leave but stay to answer all your questions {Matthew 10:13} in that case we won't need to start going from house to house when we've found an interested person {Luke 10:7} that's the time to answer all your questions with mild temper and deep respect {1Peter 3:15} but once we can discern that you're just trying to criticize we quickly take our leave! Matthew 10:14

Thanks Sir! smiley

Tcwork:

You know what, you are right.
But don't forget you are the once always going out to Fish for worshippers. If anyone has questions to answer it's you.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by Emusan(m): 4:25pm On Jan 02, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Really!!!

Who doesn't know the god of JWs

That person must be a baby Christian.

Our God differ from yours,

Yes! because you are of your father the Devil.

otherwise there won't be all these endless arguments.

Says the hypocrite who goes up and down on Nairaland arguing meaninglessly.

So since you know now go out there and FISH for worshipers while we go out to do our own business as well.

Were you the one who instructed them before they have the number of followers they have today?
They have been going out and FISH that's why they can gather followers more than you.

So you know this but you keep talking authoritatively as if you're God who will judge everyone.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by Tcwork: 8:12pm On Jan 02, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
You're right!
He sent us out as FISHERS OF MEN {Matthew 4:19} but he sent us out in search for the lost sheep of the house of Israel {Matthew 10:6} this means it's not all kinds of people that's worthy of our message {Matthew 7:6} that's why we use discernment to know if you're asking with sincerity or just trying to argue {Titus 3:9} if we notice that you're sincere in your quest we must not leave but stay to answer all your questions {Matthew 10:13} in that case we won't need to start going from house to house when we've found an interested person {Luke 10:7} that's the time to answer all your questions with mild temper and deep respect {1Peter 3:15} but once we can discern that you're just trying to criticize we quickly take our leave! Matthew 10:14

Thanks Sir! smiley

All kudos to your God then. I wish him luck. I respect everyone's religion. If I had known earlier that you guys believe in a different God for the rest of the Christian world. I wouldn't have gone into a debate with you because I can't know your God more than you. From now on I probably would be asking you questions about your God and believes and not debating with you.
You are actually the first JW to let me know that you guys worship a different being.
None of my JW friends ever said so.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by Tcwork: 8:49pm On Jan 02, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
You're right!

Thanks Sir! smiley

Also, would you want to explain who JW call the lost sheep of the house of Israel
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:55pm On Jan 02, 2021
That's the work of FISHERS, it's you that is slow in reasoning. Someone can't pray with you, can't worship with you, don't join you in any celebration attached to your God, can't marry members of your religion, don't recite the national anthem or pledge with you, don't participate in military service, don't participate in politics and you're not suspicious of something FISHY! embarassed
Haba my guy it doesn't take me up to a year while i was still a Muslim before i realized that JWs worship a separate God! smiley
Perhaps it's due to my former profession Military intelligence officer

Tcwork:

All kudos to your God then. I wish him luck. I respect everyone's religion. If I had known earlier that you guys believe in a different God for the rest of the Christian world. I wouldn't have gone into a debate with you because I can't know your God more than you. From now on I probably would be asking you questions about your God and believes and not debating with you.
You are actually the first JW to let me know that you guys worship a different being.
None of my JW friends ever said so.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:09pm On Jan 02, 2021
The sheep is a domestic animal that's always scared of loneliness, it always move with it's kind, it's solely dependent on a guide (shepherd) or a trained sheep, the sheep is selective while choosing playmates.
A lost sheep of the house of Israel means someone having such attitude towards worship, they're humble and willing to accept guidance when it comes to how they can worship God acceptably. So whenever they come in contact with any religionist they want to know if such a person is walking on a better path than them. If they find out that you know better than they do they will be ready to switch over to, they just want to be in the midst of fellow believers, without such gathering the sheep will feel lost! smiley

Tcwork:

Also, would you want to explain who JW call the lost sheep of the house of Israel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Christians Lack / Baba Ijebu 2 Sure Number Call 08122809531 / What Are The Problems Of the Theistic Position?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.