Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,224 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

19-year-old Impersonates American Pilot, Defrauds Woman Of N27m - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 19-year-old Impersonates American Pilot, Defrauds Woman Of N27m (843 Views)

Yahoo Boy Impersonates Godwin Emefiele, CBN Governor (Photos) / Man Who Impersonates Yinka Ayefele Arrested, Sleeps And Defrauds Women / Petty Trader Impersonates As Doctor, Moves To Transplant Heart For Patient. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

19-year-old Impersonates American Pilot, Defrauds Woman Of N27m by FA13(m): 6:58am On Mar 02, 2020
A 19-year-old secondary school leaver, Chigemezu Arikibe, has been tracked down by the police after using fake social media accounts to swindle a Cambodian woman to the tune of $75,000 (N27m at N360 to 1$).

To woo his victim identified simply as Sophanmia, Arikibe reportedly paraded himself on Facebook and Instagram as an American pilot working for a British airline.

City Round gathered that after establishing a relationship with the woman, Arikibe offered to send her expensive gift items and $500,000, for investment in real estate business in Cambodia.

The suspect reportedly told Sophanmia that he would send the parcel to her through a courier in Indonesia and asked her to send $800 for the service.
He was said to have contacted his friend in Indonesia to act as a courier agent and collect the money from his victim.

It was learnt the woman alerted the Nigeria Embassy in Cambodia when she discovered that “the American pilot,” communicating with her was calling from Nigeria and not the United States.

A police source told our correspondent that the suspect was trailed to the Mbaitoli area of Imo State where he is based.
“The suspect was arrested with the SIM card and the phone he used in committing the crime and when we went through the phone, we saw chats between him and the woman.

“Upon interrogation, the suspect confessed to everything and he also said there was a man in Indonesia who helped him pulled out the money from a USA bank account.  He claimed to be an American and that was why he gave the woman an American bank account. The worst was that the woman went and borrowed the money from the bank,” the source stated.

Arikibe, while confessing to the crime, said he learnt Internet fraud from his friend within one week and he started on his own.

https://punchng.com/19-year-old-impersonates-american-pilot-defrauds-woman-of-n27m/
Re: 19-year-old Impersonates American Pilot, Defrauds Woman Of N27m by chatinent: 6:59am On Mar 02, 2020
Sentence him to 98 years imprisonment.
Re: 19-year-old Impersonates American Pilot, Defrauds Woman Of N27m by lathrowinger: 7:00am On Mar 02, 2020
Chai, Asu bi iike sad

1 Like

Re: 19-year-old Impersonates American Pilot, Defrauds Woman Of N27m by Kulvas: 7:09am On Mar 02, 2020
At the age of 19years, you are already learning how to defraud others. I guess he's old enough to do the time.

2 Likes

Re: 19-year-old Impersonates American Pilot, Defrauds Woman Of N27m by Nobody: 7:11am On Mar 02, 2020
Na wah
Re: 19-year-old Impersonates American Pilot, Defrauds Woman Of N27m by illicit(m): 7:13am On Mar 02, 2020
give yahoo boys amnesty jare....

2 Likes

Re: 19-year-old Impersonates American Pilot, Defrauds Woman Of N27m by slyfox35(m): 7:17am On Mar 02, 2020
In other news,politicians defraud of us 2.7 billion naira everyday and some idiots here condeming this young man will not and cannot say anything,I am not with the young man Ooooh
The only thing I am trying to say is
"Our Mumu nor too much" ?

4 Likes

Re: 19-year-old Impersonates American Pilot, Defrauds Woman Of N27m by Nobody: 7:28am On Mar 02, 2020
illicit:
give yahoo boys amnesty jare....
might be tempted to agree with this just to make sure his master's plan of freeing the BH criminals is carried out fully but in my opinion two wrongs don't make a right...

1 Like

Re: 19-year-old Impersonates American Pilot, Defrauds Woman Of N27m by juliuscapps(m): 6:08pm On Mar 10, 2020
Bro, i mailed you earlier today.. I want to ask question as regards scholarship application.

FA13:

Re: 19-year-old Impersonates American Pilot, Defrauds Woman Of N27m by dangotesmummy: 6:16pm On Mar 10, 2020
Lati 19 years niwontin sashe

Iwona fegun benz.ofedo awon egbe mama e

Ofelo club latilo show Ara e

Ofegbeni banana Island Lori owo olowo
Re: 19-year-old Impersonates American Pilot, Defrauds Woman Of N27m by Hoodbilonia: 6:31pm On Mar 10, 2020
Was he caught with 27m in his bank account, the story get k leg. How was he traced. Was he using his phone and dailing#31#+1...or i mean how was he traced. I guess it was their usual stop and search. Unlock your phone with heavy slap police wohala

(1) (Reply)

Boys In Ile Epo Area Are On Serious Vigil / Reports Shows COVID-19 Was In Saudi-arabi In 2013, Not Wuhan / Video Of A Woman Strangling A Thief To Death With A Broom For Failing To Own Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.