Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job (24805 Views)

I Lost My Teaching Job After They Told Us To Reapply / A Nigerian Bank Security Guard Who Became A Bank Staff Praises God. / See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by Jackmj(m): 1:16pm On Mar 04, 2020
Highesschief1:
It breaks my heart when I see young bloods settle for so little! What is 20k or even 40k in this difficult country.. You are even asking for advice on which to settle! You even have a 2:1....must you collect salary? Them take salary swear for you? This is my advice... Send that certificate to your mum to keep in her box for you then go and learn a trade, hand work or any craftsmanship.. Go and do boyi-boyi for some igbo folks even if the agreement does not involve settlement at least they will support you with goods on credit and they will teach u.
Dedicated two years of your life to what I have said and you will definitely be better off than taking that slave salary job that might leave you frustrated for years.

If you are an undergraduate reading this, please start learning something, acquire a new skill, meet traders and show interest, they will teach you also put that data to proper use by researching the internet, material for any thing on this planet can be found there..
The education you have acquired will be an added advantage.. Better research, presentation, proposals

Wow, thanks sir
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by Ayo081(m): 1:26pm On Mar 04, 2020
You have a degree in Geo. Do you love it? If yes, develop a skill in GIS, if you've done that, apply programming with it.
In short, skill!!!
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by Munzy14(m): 1:29pm On Mar 04, 2020
Toby122:
Hello, Nairalanders, I am 27 years of age and just passed out from service October last year, with a 2.1 degree cert in Geo/Envi Mgt.

My PPA retained me with a pay of 20k just this January they added 5k to my salary.

On Friday I got a call from my pastor about a security job in first bank. To cut the long story short, I was given an appointment with a salary of 40k, and now I am so confused. I have plans to further my education by September this year and am not really comfortable with leaving my current job...

Pls I want your take on this....
Candid advise, stick to ur teaching job, to get extra time for your masters.

You can also offer extra lessons at home to increase your income.
And enroll for your masters.
in two years time u are done, and set to apply for a bigger teaching job plus accumulated experience in your current teaching job will give u an edge when u. apply in a tertiary institution.

Or another job.

The bank job will kill ur MSc dream.. and teaching aspirations.

And lastly, learn a skill or just something u can invest in small small u rise from there.. Multiple income = financial stability.
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by kasim155: 1:40pm On Mar 04, 2020
Greatzeus:
You want to further your education,less than a year of graduation? The Bsc you have what have you done with it? Collecting 20k salary. I don't know why lots of youths are so senseless..
First,how much will you save monthly that will be enough for your masters?
Secondly, after the Masters what next? Job will come? Big lie. Why not safe to start a small business or use the money to learn a skill .

Dis ur write up too make sense here. Dis was one of d reason I pend my 2nd degree program. Someone using his/her first degree to collect a salary or 30 or 40k is really annoying after all d stress that one passed through while in school. Dis naija is .......
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by Geesaintagape: 1:50pm On Mar 04, 2020
Greatzeus:
You want to further your education,less than a year of graduation? The Bsc you have what have you done with it? Collecting 20k salary. I don't know why lots of youths are so senseless..
Secondly, after the Masters what next? Job will come? Big lie. Why not safe to start a small business or use the money to learn a skill .
My dear u just spoke my mind.
MSC is not for job seekers I do tell people.
Further ur education to n get more pain
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by davillian(m): 2:11pm On Mar 04, 2020
Listen
Take the security job
Do it with happiness and make sure you relate well with your customers...
You would meet someone that would ask you
What's your qualifications or probably give you a card...
Another thing there is that when there is an opening in the bank with your qualifications you can get a job there because you have have first info and must have know people inside that bank to assist you get a job there...
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by Gerrard59(m): 2:15pm On Mar 04, 2020
Ausrichie:
I laugh when I see people saying learn programming learn this skill learn that skill. All nonsense if you do not understand or love it. The truth is that you should just manage with the teaching job then further your education (you can do this online).

The fear of poverty is enough to develop love or interest. OP should learn programming or any high paying skill he can think of.
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by Afodot0022(m): 2:39pm On Mar 04, 2020
op still want to further. After 2.1 what job have you gotten rather than the low income jobs and you will want to waste money for master. See master is basically meant for those that are already in an organization and see that getting a master will augment their promotion and not someone that don't even have any job yet thinking about master. pls think twice and think getting a skills or learning a trade or business. that's what can take you out of this situation. After you have made enough money, then you can think of getting a master

1 Like

Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by shegzhkn: 3:12pm On Mar 04, 2020
Wers:

25K per month? This isn't close to what I make in an hour when I get Jobs.
With the high rate of employment, I can't believe you still want to further education to get certicgicate you may not end up using, save your future and join tech

Your stack is ??
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by Ayo199(m): 3:45pm On Mar 04, 2020
sugarwiz1:
Countinue with the teaching job. Be focused. I decided to countinue with my teaching job in a private secondary school because i realised no job will afford me the time and opportunity to be able to currently run my masters programme.
It is not all about the money my dear. A sercurity job will not give you time to study go for lectures etc. In d end d ball is in ur court. A teaching job is a better job experience on a CV.
Just curious.. How were you able to run your masters while still teaching?

1 Like

Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by GboyegaD(m): 4:25pm On Mar 04, 2020
Greatzeus:

Why not take your time to ask after his long term objective rather than generalizing?
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by Legendguru: 4:30pm On Mar 04, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by inversparanoia: 4:38pm On Mar 04, 2020
freshboi88:
My brother, nobody makes it over night, dnt mind some frustrated pple telling u how it's a bad idea to further Ur education, if u r below 30, keep the teaching job, u can add some private tutoring to it but go for ur masters, someone even said u shud go and do boi boi for Igbo traders... hahahaha!!!!.........They may be right doh, after d masters u may or may not get that dream job, it's not a guarantee but you that masters degree can open doors for you beyond your wildest imagination. ......A security job in a bank will kill Ur morale for academic success because of the people who u will relate with. On top of that, the teaching job is more respectable

Thank u jare...some people are just discouraging furthering ones education. These set of people will tell u not go to school because there are no jobs...

2 Likes

Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 04, 2020
Gerrard59:

The fear of poverty is enough to develop love or interest. OP should learn programming or any high paying skill he can think of.
gringringrin laff wan kill me abi my brother poverty dey move empty bele.
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by bendazum: 5:32pm On Mar 04, 2020
Kenlinks546:
Take the bank job, wen u start, tell your supervisor to fix u into night duty. you can still teach if u r hardworking 40+20k =60k

You must be wicked. So on top the daily toils, he will still toil at night.

He will be sleeping on duty. I guarantee it.
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by Vulcan24(m): 5:46pm On Mar 04, 2020
job opportunities for 26- 30 may miss u while chasing further education and you will still have no job experience till probably in your early 30s.

get a good adviser and sit down to plan your life.

engage in vigorous job search, don't place too much emphasy on your discipline.

make friends with older working class people and talk to your relatives, pay them visit and tell them you need a job.

I wish you well
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by godfrey01(m): 6:06pm On Mar 04, 2020
annayawchee:
you really did the job

yes i did security job after my final year. i was paid 15k and will have to open door, close door for every dick and Harry, before i later went for service....
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by godfrey01(m): 6:15pm On Mar 04, 2020
namiji2598:
me too have done it after NYSC, brother people go dey look down on u sotey ur certificate go dey vex u that's why I left

after leaving what did you do bro
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by FuckAllTheMODs: 6:23pm On Mar 04, 2020
Toby122:
Hello, Nairalanders, I am 27 years of age and just passed out from service October last year, with a 2.1 degree cert in Geo/Envi Mgt.

My PPA retained me with a pay of 20k just this January they added 5k to my salary.

On Friday I got a call from my pastor about a security job in first bank. To cut the long story short, I was given an appointment with a salary of 40k, and now I am so confused. I have plans to further my education by September this year and am not really comfortable with leaving my current job...

Pls I want your take on this....

One thing people who are into teaching or who have taught in the past won't tell you is that, teaching takes your time bro.

You may think it is easy but the truth is if you are not determined on the main thing you are chasing and you want to teach, you will be so comfortable with that teaching that before you realize what is going on, you have spent years in that line.

Raise cash, develop skills or start a business
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by godfrey01(m): 6:23pm On Mar 04, 2020
yeme7:
I just glared through some comments and I could see that it's really frustrating.... I'm a graduate also finished service last year, working as receptionist where I was paid 15k,but I stopped... If anyone can help me here with any hotel work please should do ASAP

why did you stop
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 04, 2020
bendazum:

You must be wicked. So on top the daily toils, he will still toil at night.

He will be sleeping on duty. I guarantee it.

Everything you say is based on your understanding or perception of your personality
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by yeme7(m): 6:45pm On Mar 04, 2020
godfrey01:

why did you stop

Transportation cost and my needs...

I was even expecting increment as stated by the manager after two month he didn't, so when the money is not up to my needs and beside he doesn't gives feeding money, we the workers do fed our self's plus to that the man and his so called gf was living there and he has two wives icing outside the hotel..

The so called gf was over rude to the workers and customers when complained to the man which is the owner the man would replied that if we are tired u can quit... U won't understand how frustrated someone could be....
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by ILoveLight: 7:16pm On Mar 04, 2020
Lorenzop:

chai, imagine...you even have 2.1...smh, mehn it will not be well with our leaders, both past and present....tufiakwa cry

Please go and learn a tech skill...that is the best gift you can give yourself

Tech skills such as ......?
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by namiji2598: 7:54pm On Mar 04, 2020
godfrey01:

after leaving what did you do bro
nothing oooooo oga

If u see how people go dey treat u as a security officer ehhhhhhh

I still dey look for teaching
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by Highesschief1: 8:33pm On Mar 04, 2020
namiji2598:
ur post just made my day sir, am also a fresh graduate with 2:1 too, I have done the same security jobs and teaching job this Op is even thinking of, please can I mail u maybe u can jus teach me some few codes even if it's online, or if our distance is not that that wide....please
ok
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by rflamz230(m): 9:29pm On Mar 04, 2020
My dear brother, please stick to your teaching job and think of how to increase your earning to enable you further your education. I wouldn't advice anyone I know to take up a security job(out of experience). Is too humiliating.
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by newoffer: 10:43pm On Mar 04, 2020
Go and buy camera, your life will be more meaningful than those stinky jobs u thinking. 2.1 and u let one Yeye pastor decide your future. Pls wake up o

1 Like

Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by contumely2: 12:41am On Mar 05, 2020
strangest:
I hope you guys know with a masters, you can get a fully funded PhD outside the country which is currently less competitive because a lot of people think masters is a waste
Could you please elucidate on this?
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by godfrey01(m): 6:24am On Mar 05, 2020
namiji2598:
nothing oooooo oga

If u see how people go dey treat u as a security officer ehhhhhhh
w

I still dey look for teaching

na wa for this country.. come lag you go see work in no distant time
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by johnad3(m): 6:59am On Mar 05, 2020
then damn it
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by xcelentattitude(m): 8:46am On Mar 05, 2020
Conner44:
op in this type of situations you should always weigh the ‘cons’ of remaining at your present state of employment. Something Like, What’s the worse that can happen while you:

Teach = a bunch of SS2 girls gang rape you till your dick breaks and you pass out (or you flog alahaji’s prized wife/daughter)

Security Guard = armed robbers use your life to count scores and walk over your corpse with huge bags of cash.

Choose your poison wisely. The two ugly scenarios only happen ONCE in the course of your employment and it’s over.

Life is a bed of roses but remember that roses have THORNS on their stems so lie on that bed softly lest you get pricked

I'm sorry but your analogies are off bro.

"Gang-raped by ss2 girls" where the hell did you get that idea from?
The crazy thing is that you seems sure about it.

What if he is going to be teaching in a primary school?

And when was the last time you heard that armed robbers walked over the corpse of a security guy with a bag of cash in Nigeria? Too much movies undecided
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by namiji2598: 8:50am On Mar 05, 2020
godfrey01:

na wa for this country.. come lag you go see work in no distant time
brother I dey kano like this, I don't really wanna go on a journey of no certainty, if job dey lag even if no be something big, I fit go but jus like that make I go lag without any certain job hmmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

List Of N-power Volunteers Whose Payments Have Been Put On Hold. / Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? / Thank God! I Have Just Been Offered An Appointment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.