Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,276 members, 7,836,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Coronavirus: OYC To FG, Please Reveal The Identities Of 156 Passengers On Index - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: OYC To FG, Please Reveal The Identities Of 156 Passengers On Index (352 Views)

Identities Of The 8 Children Who Died In An Abandoned Car In Lagos Revealed / 156 New COVID-19 Cases, 189 Discharged And 3 Deaths On Sept 4 - (3145 Tested) / LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: OYC To FG, Please Reveal The Identities Of 156 Passengers On Index by fairymonk: 7:31pm On Mar 03, 2020
The youth council of the Apex Igbo Socio-cultural group, Ohaneze Ndi has called on the Federal Government to be open and responsible to her citizens by divulging vital and sensitive information to the public, especially in this situation of life and death so that the people can assess the situation and decide measures to protect themselves and as well assist the government in her lofty efforts.

This message was contained in a Press Statement signed by her National President, Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro and her National Secretary Mazi Okwu Nnabuike on Tuesday.

Other issues addressed in the statement included lauding collaborative efforts of Chinese Embassy, as well as advising the South East government to take proactive measures to combat any eventual case of the deadly disease. The body also commended the Okezie Ikpeazu led administration in Abia State and Dave Umahi, his Ebonyi counterpart for their agricultural evolution and strides that is going to empower over 4000 youths in one state alone.

The Press Release read inter-alias:

Coronavirus; FG should reveal the identities of 156 passengers on index Case flight….and What Southeast Governors must do….ohanaeze Ndigbo laud Governor ikpeazu on Agricultural Youth Empowerment

(1) Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council Worldwide had called on Federal Government through the Ministry of Health as a matter of urgency and National Security, disclose the true identities of 156 Passengers on Board the Aircraft that brought in the index Case to the County, it’s the Primary Responsibility of the Minister of Health Enahire Osagie to inform the public, as Nigerians are very apprehensive and ready to help the Federal Government to fish out those in the Aircraft if they know the true identities with photographs of all the passengers on board Since its reported that FG is struggling to reach out to the passengers, Such disclosure is a preventative method to halt the spread of the Covid 19, OYC recalled that with the identity of Patrick Sawyer revealed by Jonathan’s administration during the Ebola outbreak, helped Nigerians to halt the spread…FG should do the needful and reveal the true identity of the Italian man and his pictures to the public without further delay .

Also igbo Youths laud collaborative approach of the Chinese Embassy in Nigeria, the embassy had confirmed that there is no evidence or record that stranded Nigerians especially Igbos had contracted the Coronavirus, Federal Government should rescue Nigerians in China since there’s no case of COVID-19 among Nigerians.

(2) OYC appeal to the Southeast Governors Forum to put adequate health preventive measures at the Sam Mbakwe international Cargo Airport Owerri as we uncover laxity in screening of Passengers by health workers at the airport, also there should be strict health preventive measures in all motor parks in the South East especially those conveying passengers from South West ,OYC is monitoring keenly to know the identities of those that had come in contact with the Italian coronavirus patient in Lagos and Ogun States, Governors should build emergency isolation centres with world class facilities to ensure that we are prepared for any eventuality. Igbo Youths laud Professor Ezeibe and Professor Iwu on their discovery of Vaccines that will cure Coronavirus, Presidency and Governors should support the duo to provide commercial quantities.

(3) OYC laud Governor Okezie Ikpeazu for his Agricultural policy that will empow over 4000 Youths, Abia House of Assembly had passed into law the required 50million Naira Counterpart funds required by the bank of Agriculture and We urge Abia State Government, to ensure that the Counterpart Funds are paid immediately to Bank of Agriculture, as Certainly igbo Youths from Abia will access the soft loan of 250,000 each to begin Agricultural projects and investment starting from April 2020 farming season, with these giant Strides from Governor ikpeazu, according to the indices available to OYC, Abia and Ebonyi are leading in Agricultural Youth empowerment initiatives in the Southern Nigeria, We are proud to recommend Ikpeazu Agricultural Model to other states in the South East via Nigeria, South East Governors should make every Unemployed graduates and Youths engage in Agricultural projects as a way to engage idle hands and combat crime.

Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro – President General (Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council Worldwide)

Mazi Okwu Nnabuike – Secretary General (Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council Worldwide)

Read more https://ohafia-tv.com/coronavirus-oyc-to-fg-please-reveal-the-identities-of-156-passengers-on-index-case-flight/03/03/2020/

Re: Coronavirus: OYC To FG, Please Reveal The Identities Of 156 Passengers On Index by solmus: 7:42pm On Mar 03, 2020
cool

Very foolish organization , why would anybody make my name public for arriving on a flight with an Italian? don't I have my right to privacy? what if people start stereotyping, stigmatizing me or avoiding my business for being on a plane with a suspected infected guy

what if I don't want my arrival public to my village people, with the Federal Government announcement would my security be guaranteed

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: OYC To FG, Please Reveal The Identities Of 156 Passengers On Index by Iyiataata92: 7:51pm On Mar 03, 2020
solmus:
cool

Very foolish organization , why would anybody make my name public for arriving on a flight with an Italian? don't I have my right to privacy? what if people start stereotyping, stigmatizing me or avoiding my business for being on a plane with a suspected infected guy

what if I don't want my arrival public to my village people, with the Federal Government announcement would my security be guaranteed

Guy to be honest, your only fear is your village people. You fear them even more than fear coronavirus. But relax, village people don't listen to news and even if FG make the names public, your village people won't know

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: OYC To FG, Please Reveal The Identities Of 156 Passengers On Index by Smithkafors(m): 7:53pm On Mar 03, 2020
solmus:
cool

Are you ok at all,how can you say they are foolish?,is it not for your own good since the passengers have absconded.Nigerians have low iQ
Re: Coronavirus: OYC To FG, Please Reveal The Identities Of 156 Passengers On Index by solmus: 7:54pm On Mar 03, 2020
Iyiataata92:

Guy to be honest, your only fear is your village people. You fear them even more than fear coronavirus. But relax, village people don't listen to news and even if FG make the names public, your village people won't know

I pity you... some of us come from places that now have 4G internet, our village have being urbanized and our village people are now full time residents of Facebook
Re: Coronavirus: OYC To FG, Please Reveal The Identities Of 156 Passengers On Index by solmus: 7:58pm On Mar 03, 2020
Smithkafors:

Are you ok at all,how can you say they are foolish?,is it not for your own good since the passengers have absconded.Nigerians have low iQ

if you have low I.Q that's your own problem don't lump it on the whole Nigerian, International best practice is to keep health issues as confidential as possible, a smart country silently check the flight manifesto and goes after each passenger through tracing of cell phones, addresses and bank records rather than foolishly publishing names of private citizens on newspaper and media infringing on their right to privacy and making them face many illiterate thugs who might extort them or stigmatize them

(1) (Reply)

Italy Sees 627 COVID-19 Deaths On Friday, Most In One Day / World Most Sought Equipment To Battle COVID-19 / COVID-19: Why 149 People Died And More Than 1000 Poisoned Without Being Infected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.