Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,415 members, 7,864,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:57 AM

Pre-med /med Students : I Help Ur Advise/help - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pre-med /med Students : I Help Ur Advise/help (1036 Views)

Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? / How Much Does An Intern Med Lab Scientist Earn? / Nma plan To Stop The Implementation Of Med Lab Scientist Postgraduate college (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pre-med /med Students : I Help Ur Advise/help by MP007(m): 11:26am On Jun 03, 2007
Am in my first year of premed.Just finished the second semester witha gpa of 3.0 , wats the lowest Gpa med school accept, any tip help in boosting gpa's , help plz
Re: Pre-med /med Students : I Help Ur Advise/help by karlken(m): 2:18pm On Jun 14, 2007
After ur first year,most schools drop CGPA idea 4 medical student.Every exam is either pass or fail,though u could make a distinction if u ar very oustanding.which is ur medical school?
Re: Pre-med /med Students : I Help Ur Advise/help by PTBNaija(f): 10:32pm On Jun 19, 2007
Yeah, my first year GPA wasn't stellar either and I'm also pre-med. But the good thing is that medical schools really just look for improvement. So as long as you do better in your subsequent years, you will get in somewhere, even if it's not Johns Hopkins. The best peace of advice that I can give you is really just making sure that you put in time everyday to study for classes. Because one of the hardest things about the change from high school to college is that you don't get homework and assignments due the next day that force you to look at the material. So set some time aside for that. Another thing is that you may have a great idea in going to the library to do work, but don't make it a party. Don't go to the library with friends, it almost NEVER works out. Also make it a point to talk to professors about class so they become familiar with your face, and know that you are making an effort with the material. And if your school offers tutoring or group studying programs, whatever resources they have, make sure to try them out.
Re: Pre-med /med Students : I Help Ur Advise/help by MP007(m): 1:59am On Jun 20, 2007
thanks so s o much

(1) (Reply)

Your Urine To Cure 71% Of Your Ailments. / Free Kidney Screening On March 10th To Mark World Kidney Day / Plants Of Medicinal Uses In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.