Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,705 members, 7,827,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Five Ways To Make Your Website Work For You - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Five Ways To Make Your Website Work For You (557 Views)

In Need Of A Good Web Programmer For A Website Work / Why Do You Still Work For Nigerian Companies? / Five Ways Google Scores Your Content (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Five Ways To Make Your Website Work For You by SamOnaivi: 12:09pm On Mar 04, 2020
Five Ways To Make Your Website Work For You

If you run a business, you must have heard somebody ask if you have a website.

This question usually makes business owners begin to consider more seriously whether to get a website and then when.

Well, this is 2020 and, in this age, digital means a lot of things including registering your brand on the digital space. If you are serious about scaling, you should get it. It has the potentials of opening you up to a whole new world of opportunities.

The other day I was visiting a city and wanted to attend service at a certain church but I couldn’t remember the time of the service, I called my sister you attended the same church in the past but she wasn’t certain what the time for service was.

Then I remembered that the last time I was at the church, they called out their web address, meaning they have a website. I went to Google, entered the name of the church and there it was wink.

A few more clicks and I could see on the web banner the time of services and other announcements, just to be sure they didn’t have a program that would make them have only one service on that day.

It is good to own a website but that is not all there is to the business of owning a website, there are key factors you need to look out for to ensure that your website doesn’t turn out to be like a dead business space.

Here are a few things you should look out for in your website;

Alignment with your brand – your website should align with the look and feel of your brand. The other day my friend reached out to me to help her review a website, as soon as I opened the URL, I saw a branding dilemma. The logo was right there on the site but the brand color wasn’t consistent across the site.

The brand has a beautiful bright green color but the website carried a totally different shade of green and other colors thrown all over the website. it made the site look messy and unprofessional.

Check that your brand visuals are properly represented across your website.

Functionality – how functional is your website? what can it do? Does it allow people to be able to connect and chat with you directly on WhatsApp from your website or is it a live chat feature, does it make provision to appointment booking, can it be used to get more subscribers and build a mailing list?

Your website should explicitly tell visitors what to do next. If you want them to take an offer, be clear about it. If you want them to contact you, make it obvious so that even a blind man call sees it.

Your website should be functional enough to directly impact on your business and make visitors take action when they visit.

Optimization – have you ever opened a website on your mobile device (your phone specifically) and it comes up with tiny texts that you had to turn your phone and try to zoom in so you could see what is written? That is a website that is not optimized for mobile view.

Most websites today especially those built on WordPress do not have such problems but there are other optimization issues that can happen. Sometimes, some images need to be optimized specifically for a seamless mobile experience and sometimes, it could even be a column that needs to. Look out for all of these and call your designers attention if you notice that something looks out of place.

Ease of navigation – how easy is it to move around your website and find things? I have seen several corporate organization websites looking so messy, you will almost need a mini tutorial to find your way around the website.

Your website must be easy to navigate else people will get frustrated and move on. People visiting your website should be able to easily find things. Your services, contact details and all should be easy to locate.

Remember your business is not the only business there is in the competition. Getting on the front row is always better grin

Relatable Content – this is very important because I have visited websites and left feeling a bit confused and frustrated since I couldn’t understand what the business is about.

This is common with IT companies; they use so many IT jargon that visitors who are not IT savvy easily get frustrated reading them.

The object should be to make content professional and easy to comprehend. If your content is too watered down, it could make your brand appear was an inferior brand so you must find the balance and communicate in a language your audience understands.

Final words

Your website is an online version or extension of your physical office. Is should state explicitly the things you do, services your render, your contact information, and your call to action.

From time to time, do a review of your website to ensure that it aligns with your brand. Some businesses, make some brand changes and forget to make those updates reflect on their website, that shouldn’t be. Make a few changes to the look and feel of the website at least once in two years and always keep it update to date in the backend as an extra security measure.

Would you like someone to review your website or you want to set up a new functional website that will make you business seen and known, contact me via WhatsApp - 0703007388

(1) (Reply)

Quality Backlinks From 70+DA Sites At Affordable Price. / Learn How Start Blogging And Make Money Here / What Is Backlinks And How To Get It (check Here)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.