Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Why Do You Still Work For Nigerian Companies? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Do You Still Work For Nigerian Companies? (16867 Views)

How To Make An Extra 75k Selling Data Bundles To Rich Nigerian Companies. / Why Is Adsense The Only Revenue Model For Nigerian Bloggers? / Shopify Payment Gateway For Nigerian Dropshippers (2) (3) (4)

Why Do You Still Work For Nigerian Companies? by SmartPolician: 11:20am On Sep 28, 2020
Hi Webmasters,

I felt like creating this post because I grasp how powerful the internet is. In clear terms, the Internet transcends all geographic borders, ushering people into a world of endless opportunities.

Given how the internet allows us to work from home, work for foreign companies and earn juicy pays, I want to know why some of us are not taking the opportunities yet.

For instance, excellent coders, digital marketers, graphics artists, web developers, content writers, and many other talented people who sell digital skills ought to be working for foreign companies from home instead of working for Nigerian firms for peanuts.

So, do you fall into this category? If yes, why do you prefer working for Nigerian firms as opposed to firms based out of the United States or elsewhere in the world for better pay, opportunities and exposure?

On the other hand, if you do work for these foreign companies on full-time or part-time basis, how did you land the job?

Re: Why Do You Still Work For Nigerian Companies? by PepperJord: 12:46pm On Dec 11, 2021
Such an amazing and desiring post for all the new generation but there are also very grateful and creative services like to have the most elegant to buy jackets for men, which are so delightful and creative for all the new generations to having these amazing outfits from them very quickly and desiring.

Re: Why Do You Still Work For Nigerian Companies? by oj3k(m): 10:30am On Dec 12, 2021
Okay
Re: Why Do You Still Work For Nigerian Companies? by yomalex(m): 10:30am On Dec 12, 2021
Hmm
Re: Why Do You Still Work For Nigerian Companies? by oj3k(m): 10:30am On Dec 12, 2021
PepperJord:
Such an amazing and desiring post for all the new generation but there are also very grateful and creative services like to have the most elegant to buy jackets for men, which are so delightful and creative for all the new generations to having these amazing outfits from them very quickly and desiring.
Could you pass the blunt? Happy Sunday grin grin grin

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Do You Still Work For Nigerian Companies? by Kevinsamba: 10:33am On Dec 12, 2021
Because Naira is stronger than Dollar and Airtel is a wonderful network.

Re: Why Do You Still Work For Nigerian Companies? by FactBoyz: 10:35am On Dec 12, 2021
Re: Why Do You Still Work For Nigerian Companies? by money121(m): 10:37am On Dec 12, 2021
Re: Why Do You Still Work For Nigerian Companies? by DSTVee(m): 10:38am On Dec 12, 2021
I personally think the availability of these jobs are the problem.
1.Foreigners dont trust Nigerians. No Nigerian will prefer peanuts naira to dollars or pounds.
2. People will tell you there are sites to go in order to get foreign gigs but will fail to highlight this sites..
3. After struggling for a while, people give up and make do with what they have or jobs. Available, which are this Nigerian gigs, as annoying as they may be.
4. Our name have spoil kpatakpata in the outside world, immediately you say you are Nigerian, the conversation dies on its own.

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do You Still Work For Nigerian Companies? by maak400: 10:39am On Dec 12, 2021
I believe it's due to lack of information. Most web designers, digital marketers and other IT guys don't know how to get this foreign firms to work with. I am an experienced web designer and digital marketer who works for a Nigerian company that pays peanut, I would like to know how to get foreign remote jobs.

17 Likes

Re: Why Do You Still Work For Nigerian Companies? by Finnese001: 10:41am On Dec 12, 2021
PepperJord:

O crasze gan

Re: Why Do You Still Work For Nigerian Companies? by DropsMic(m): 10:41am On Dec 12, 2021
Working for foreigners will give you money.. Working for Nigerians on the other hand gon give you connections.. What you need in life is connections.

I think it's better you work for both

Re: Why Do You Still Work For Nigerian Companies? by HEAVEN4444: 10:43am On Dec 12, 2021
because there are 2 billion indian programmers and webmasters competing for the same abroad job

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do You Still Work For Nigerian Companies? by Senudi96(m): 10:44am On Dec 12, 2021
It is not easy getting these foreign gigs or jobs. The opportunity is there obviously, but it is difficult to come by due to many factors.

Re: Why Do You Still Work For Nigerian Companies? by jericco1(m): 10:44am On Dec 12, 2021
Naira has fallen, the centre cannot hold.
Re: Why Do You Still Work For Nigerian Companies? by danchuzzy(m): 10:45am On Dec 12, 2021
DSTVee:
I personally think the availability of these jobs are the problem.
1.Foreigners dont trust Nigerians. No Nigerian will prefer peanuts naira to dollars or pounds.
2. People will tell you there are sites to go in order to get foreign gigs but will fail to highlight this sites..
3. After struggling for a while, people give up and make do with what they have or jobs. Available, which are this Nigerian gigs, as annoying as they may be.
4. Our name have spoil kpatakpata in the outside world, immediately you say you are Nigerian, the conversation dies on its own.

Sites:

1) Freelancer.com
2) Fiverr.com
3) Upwork.com
4) Peopleperhour.com
5) Truelancer.com etc

Update:
Saw this on freecodecamp

cc
sirblend
TheManOfTheYear

I hope they help!

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Do You Still Work For Nigerian Companies? by Naijatask: 10:45am On Dec 12, 2021
2020 post making it to front page, at the end of the year smiley smiley

Re: Why Do You Still Work For Nigerian Companies? by corperslodge: 10:45am On Dec 12, 2021
Schools and churches

Re: Why Do You Still Work For Nigerian Companies? by kenny714433(m): 10:45am On Dec 12, 2021

I can remember being recruited as a crypto ambassador for one coin like that, we started doing Introduction. After few minutes, I couldn't access the Telegram group again. When I contacted all my Nigerian friends, it was same for everyone. My Asian friend later told me they kicked all Nigerian out. That's how bad our identity is.

Nevertheless, there's nothing sweeter than earning in dollars and spending in Naira. Only those who doesn't have exposure kill their precious talent working for Nigerian firm. I have earned $40 doing 1min video using Canva for a coin. Unto say no be standard video o.
A firm contacted TheMoonCarl (an influencer) on twitter to just do one shoutout on twitter for their coin. Guess the price... 10Mil in Naira.

Our problem is that we don't know where to apply our skills, if we have the opportunity, we introduce greed and cunning y Nigerian behaviour.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Still Work For Nigerian Companies? by Atheistan: 10:52am On Dec 12, 2021
SmartPolician:
Hi Webmasters,

I felt like creating this post because I grasp how powerful the internet is. In clear terms, the Internet transcends all geographic borders, ushering people into a world of endless opportunities.

Given how the internet allows us to work from home, work for foreign companies and earn juicy pays, I want to know why some of us are not taking the opportunities yet.

For instance, excellent coders, digital marketers, graphics artists, web developers, content writers, and many other talented people who sell digital skills ought to be working for foreign companies from home instead of working for Nigerian firms for peanuts.

So, do you fall into this category? If yes, why do you prefer working for Nigerian firms as opposed to firms based out of the United States or elsewhere in the world for better pay, opportunities and exposure?

On the other hand, if you do work for these foreign companies on full-time or part-time basis, how did you land the job?

Just go straight to the point cheesy

Re: Why Do You Still Work For Nigerian Companies? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 10:52am On Dec 12, 2021
oj3k:

Could you pass the blunt? Happy Sunday grin grin grin
E too loud..

Re: Why Do You Still Work For Nigerian Companies? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 10:53am On Dec 12, 2021
Make we book space first..
Re: Why Do You Still Work For Nigerian Companies? by hectorswag(m): 10:53am On Dec 12, 2021
Following...
Re: Why Do You Still Work For Nigerian Companies? by Ramoki: 10:54am On Dec 12, 2021
Cos it's not easy getting a freelance job
Re: Why Do You Still Work For Nigerian Companies? by seunny4lif(m): 10:56am On Dec 12, 2021
Since last year and the mod just moved it to FP
You dey sleep since

Re: Why Do You Still Work For Nigerian Companies? by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 12, 2021
It's been years since I worked with a Nigerian client.

They pay peanuts.

My clients now consist of foreigners, and the dollar can be intoxicating I must say.

Mouth-watering!

What I make writing 100 articles for a Nigerian client, I make the same writing just two articles for a foreign client.

No be juju be that?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Still Work For Nigerian Companies? by webm: 11:02am On Dec 12, 2021
Software Jobs are usually by connections. Someone has to recommend you and to recommend you, they have to know your ability.

If you want to work for a foreign country, get to work with those working abroad. How do you do that? Contribute to open source!!!

If you find an open source tool you love, pour yourself to it and rise in the leaderboard. They'll rush you.

A lot of open source softwares are run by startups on the side and every company is searching for the best match in their business.

Contributing to the software that powers their system is the fastest way to get hired.

No one has blacklisted Nigerians. No one is going to give you access to their to finances when you're working remote so why would they think of blacklisting us?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do You Still Work For Nigerian Companies? by benzics(m): 11:04am On Dec 12, 2021
I currently work with a Canadian company as a codeigniter developer, and I’ve seen job postings in the past from Nigerian companies, the pay is just not worth it.

And I just recently got admitted into the University (a 100level student working a 9 - 5 EST grin ), most of these job postings from Nigerian companies will ask you for certificates, I just don’t bother applying for them, this is my 6th year as an active web dev.

On how I got this job, it was true upwork. Be sure to have portfolios, projects you started and seen through to the end that is relevant in your field. Mine were e-commerce websites, MLM softwares etc.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Developing A Sports Betting Site And What It Entails / Who Enlighten Me The Difference Between (com.ng) And (ng) / Help, My Xampp Is Not Showing My Projects On Localhost