Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,159 members, 7,838,959 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

How To Clean Your Smartphones To Prevent Spreading Germs And Bacteria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Clean Your Smartphones To Prevent Spreading Germs And Bacteria (1166 Views)

How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones / Coronavirus: 4 Ways To Properly Sanitize And Clean Your Smartphones / Phones Can Transmit Virus, Germs, Expert Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Clean Your Smartphones To Prevent Spreading Germs And Bacteria by Bestchild: 10:12am On Mar 05, 2020
1. Microfiber cloth
One of the easiest ways to clean your smartphone – especially after someone else has touched the screen – is to wipe it away.

However, according to Prof. Gerba, the end of the shirt is not enough to clean the screen, therefore you need a microfiber cloth.

You can store microfiber cloth in your wallet or purse, so you can quickly use it to wipe your device.

2. Rubbing with alcohol and water
Microfiber cloth helps, but for a better cleaning rate, Prof. Gerba recommends trying a mixture of alcohol (60 percent) and water (40 percent) to rub on the entire surface of the smartphone.

“To use it, gently wet the corners of a soft, lint-free, or cotton microfiber cloth,” said Prof. Gerba.

“Gently wipe the smartphone to kill bacteria and use a dry corner of the cloth to remove excess fluid in your smartphone,” he added.

The thing to remember, do not spray the solution mixture to your smartphone, because it can damage the device

3. Disinfectant wipes
If you want a more practical way without having to make an alcohol and water solution, you can try using disinfectant wipes that are usually sold in packages, said Prof. Gerba.

However, you need to be careful using it on your device. Disinfecting wipes may be a better choice for use on your smartphone case.

4. Hand sanitizer
One of the best ways to stay germ-free during the flu season is to wash your hands frequently. Make sure you use soap and warm water to rinse for at least 20 seconds.

Using hand sanitizers is also a good idea. However, Prof. Gerba noted that most alcohol-based cleaners only work when it gets wet and evaporates quickly.

The best choice is one that offers long-lasting protection, you can choose a hand sanitizer product that can kill germs longer.

https://naijaknowhow.net/how-to-clean-smartphones/

1 Like

Re: How To Clean Your Smartphones To Prevent Spreading Germs And Bacteria by Sunkanmiwise(m): 10:44am On Mar 05, 2020
Using all the techniques above will always make our phones look brand new, in the process we been hygienic. Good one.
Re: How To Clean Your Smartphones To Prevent Spreading Germs And Bacteria by psoul12: 4:00pm On Mar 05, 2020
Good hygiene is key ...we need to be practical

Bestchild:
1. Microfiber cloth
One of the easiest ways to clean your smartphone – especially after someone else has touched the screen – is to wipe it away.

However, according to Prof. Gerba, the end of the shirt is not enough to clean the screen, therefore you need a microfiber cloth.

You can store microfiber cloth in your wallet or purse, so you can quickly use it to wipe your device.

2. Rubbing with alcohol and water
Microfiber cloth helps, but for a better cleaning rate, Prof. Gerba recommends trying a mixture of alcohol (60 percent) and water (40 percent) to rub on the entire surface of the smartphone.

“To use it, gently wet the corners of a soft, lint-free, or cotton microfiber cloth,” said Prof. Gerba.

“Gently wipe the smartphone to kill bacteria and use a dry corner of the cloth to remove excess fluid in your smartphone,” he added.

The thing to remember, do not spray the solution mixture to your smartphone, because it can damage the device

3. Disinfectant wipes
If you want a more practical way without having to make an alcohol and water solution, you can try using disinfectant wipes that are usually sold in packages, said Prof. Gerba.

However, you need to be careful using it on your device. Disinfecting wipes may be a better choice for use on your smartphone case.

4. Hand sanitizer
One of the best ways to stay germ-free during the flu season is to wash your hands frequently. Make sure you use soap and warm water to rinse for at least 20 seconds.

Using hand sanitizers is also a good idea. However, Prof. Gerba noted that most alcohol-based cleaners only work when it gets wet and evaporates quickly.

The best choice is one that offers long-lasting protection, you can choose a hand sanitizer product that can kill germs longer.

https://naijaknowhow.net/how-to-clean-smartphones/
Re: How To Clean Your Smartphones To Prevent Spreading Germs And Bacteria by Bestchild: 4:36pm On Mar 05, 2020
psoul12:
Good hygiene is key ...we need to be practical

yeah, that's the essence of the thread
Re: How To Clean Your Smartphones To Prevent Spreading Germs And Bacteria by Chubbyface: 4:42pm On Mar 05, 2020
I've used wipes for my phone before, I really need to be consistent with it
Re: How To Clean Your Smartphones To Prevent Spreading Germs And Bacteria by Mohbola(f): 9:31pm On Mar 06, 2020
Hmmmmm
God help us
Re: How To Clean Your Smartphones To Prevent Spreading Germs And Bacteria by andelawhite: 9:29pm On Mar 07, 2020
This is very important, especially at this time.
Re: How To Clean Your Smartphones To Prevent Spreading Germs And Bacteria by AmadorSays: 12:02am On Mar 08, 2020
Lol, is this thread coming up because of corona virus? grin ,well cleanliness is next to godliness they say, thanks for the tips, I hope to keep my Camon 12 air clean and safe
Re: How To Clean Your Smartphones To Prevent Spreading Germs And Bacteria by bravesoul247(m): 4:02pm On Mar 08, 2020
Thanks Op for this. I'll keep this in mind
Re: How To Clean Your Smartphones To Prevent Spreading Germs And Bacteria by Breastfeed: 10:50pm On Mar 09, 2020
andelawhite:
This is very important, especially at this time.

Very true it came at the right time, I really have to keep my camon 12 safe and clean.
Re: How To Clean Your Smartphones To Prevent Spreading Germs And Bacteria by Bestchild: 8:31pm On Mar 10, 2020
AmadorSays:
Lol, is this thread coming up because of corona virus? grin ,well cleanliness is next to godliness they say, thanks for the tips, I hope to keep my Camon 12 air clean and safe
lol, Corona virus or not. Cleanliness is necessary
Re: How To Clean Your Smartphones To Prevent Spreading Germs And Bacteria by Bestchild: 8:32pm On Mar 10, 2020
Mohbola:
Hmmmmm
God help us
Amen oo.. only God saves
Re: How To Clean Your Smartphones To Prevent Spreading Germs And Bacteria by AmadorSays: 7:38am On Apr 01, 2020
Bestchild:
lol, Corona virus or not. Cleanliness is necessary
big time

(1) (Reply)

The Phonepreneur / Apple Watch series 5 40mm gps+cellular Open box / Poco X3 Nfc,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.