Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,432 members, 7,815,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

BMW Redesigns Its Iconic Logo, Check It Out (photos) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / BMW Redesigns Its Iconic Logo, Check It Out (photos) (2191 Views)

BMW Redesigns Its Iconic Logo, Check It Out (photos) / Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video / Volkswagen Want To Re-design Its Iconic Logo In Preparation For Electric Car Era (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BMW Redesigns Its Iconic Logo, Check It Out (photos) by Ravon: 9:21pm On Mar 05, 2020
BMW has unveiled a new logo, as part of an update to its brand identity.

The new, flat version of the familiar roundel is one of the “first steps” of the updated identity, according to the company. It was revealed with the images of the BMW Concept i4 vehicle and represents a “look ahead” at the i4, which has a planned production date of 2021.

Jens Thiemer, senior vice president of customer and brand at BMW, says: “BMW is becoming a relationship brand.

The new logo and brand design symbolise the brand’s significance and relevance for mobility and driving pleasure in the future.”

The rebrand was designed together with Munich-based studio BECC Agency.

The previous logo’s black ring has been replaced with a transparent one, which aims to “radiate more openness and clarity”, Thiemer says.

“We want to use this new transparent version to invite our customers, more than ever, to become part of the world of BMW,” he adds.

The company is seemingly hoping to expand the “world of BMW”. Thiemer says that the new brand design is “geared to the challenges and opportunities of digitalisation for brands”.

The transparent, two-dimensional has more “graphic flexibility” than the previous logo (which was designed in 1997). That is important when considering “touchpoints in communication” both “online and offline”.

A transparent logo is certainly more applicable across digital applications. It is also in keeping with another German car company, Volkswagen (VW), who last year revealed a two-dimensional design in preparation for an “electric future”. VW’s new badge means it can be illuminated on the front of vehicles and at showrooms.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2020/03/05/bmw-redesigns-its-iconic-logo-check-it-out-photos/

1 Like

Re: BMW Redesigns Its Iconic Logo, Check It Out (photos) by iluvdonjazzy: 9:30pm On Mar 05, 2020
I know like this one like the previous one.

1 Like

Re: BMW Redesigns Its Iconic Logo, Check It Out (photos) by chatinent: 9:30pm On Mar 05, 2020
Who'll BMW - be my wife?
Re: BMW Redesigns Its Iconic Logo, Check It Out (photos) by Lawgod247: 9:33pm On Mar 05, 2020
Ok
Re: BMW Redesigns Its Iconic Logo, Check It Out (photos) by emae009(m): 10:16pm On Mar 05, 2020
in other words, someone is paid thousands of Euros to remove the black color in the previous logo... interesting

3 Likes

Re: BMW Redesigns Its Iconic Logo, Check It Out (photos) by phrancys001(m): 10:36pm On Mar 05, 2020
Nansense
Re: BMW Redesigns Its Iconic Logo, Check It Out (photos) by Hhansome(m): 10:36pm On Mar 05, 2020
I see no difference. Dem no see that of Innoson?
Re: BMW Redesigns Its Iconic Logo, Check It Out (photos) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 05, 2020
E soft...
Re: BMW Redesigns Its Iconic Logo, Check It Out (photos) by NaijadrivaCars: 11:14pm On Mar 05, 2020
carry go FP
Re: BMW Redesigns Its Iconic Logo, Check It Out (photos) by fabienjoe: 11:19pm On Mar 05, 2020
emae009:
in other words, someone is paid thousands of Euros to remove the black color in the previous logo... interesting

They don't need to pay anyone any special fee for this. They should have an in-house department that deals with these types of things. An external body could design something radically different and sell to then if the management approves of it but these minor tinkering could very easily be done by their staff at no extra cost to the company.
Re: BMW Redesigns Its Iconic Logo, Check It Out (photos) by emae009(m): 12:03am On Mar 06, 2020
fabienjoe:

They don't need to pay anyone any special fee for this. They should have an in-house department that deals with these types of things. An external body could design something radically different and sell to then if the management approves of it but these minor tinkering could very easily be done by their staff at no extra cost to the company.

"The rebrand was designed together with Munich-based studio BECC Agency."
did you read this part??

1 Like

Re: BMW Redesigns Its Iconic Logo, Check It Out (photos) by GlorifiedTunde(m): 4:04am On Mar 06, 2020
I don't like it! angry
Re: BMW Redesigns Its Iconic Logo, Check It Out (photos) by femi4: 6:07am On Mar 06, 2020
Nonsense, removing the black background is a no for me
Re: BMW Redesigns Its Iconic Logo, Check It Out (photos) by abumeinben(m): 8:14am On Mar 06, 2020
chatinent:
Who'll BMW - be my wife?

Nope...

Big Man Wahala

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Function Of This Button In A Car / All New 2012 Ford Ranger vs Omo Forest Reserve / Sick Road Race Audi R8 Vs Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R & Suzuki GSXR1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.