Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,755 members, 7,827,797 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Computer Science ..... The Worst Course To Study In Nigeria? - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Computer Science ..... The Worst Course To Study In Nigeria? (6246 Views)

Machine Learning For Data Science: The Resources And How To Get Started / I Need Your Suggestions On The Best Javascript Course To Purchase / Data Analyst/science - The Smart Way To Learn And Be Effective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Computer Science ..... The Worst Course To Study In Nigeria? by Lordpeckxy(m): 7:35am On Apr 23, 2020
Davash222:
90% of Computer science students in Nigeria don't even have computer.
well it depends on how you define "Computer"
Re: Computer Science ..... The Worst Course To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:20am On May 28, 2020
Lordpeckxy:

Its just that people don't understand the underlying depth of a language, Python Is overhyped, Some Lunatic is comparing C with Python, At best Python is used for web, Data Analytics, Mining, Some Mathematical and Scientific Computations and some other related things but apart from this don't call it, you can't bring a dagger to a machine gun fight.!!!
Just saw this now tell them. But man C has major security issues.
Re: Computer Science ..... The Worst Course To Study In Nigeria? by confirm0(m): 12:02pm On May 28, 2020
You all have spoken well

But let get this straight.

1. You have to take note of what the computing market industry needs. Whether you know Assembly, C, C++, Python...and the likes... Most employees don't care, what they need and care about is if you can use that language you know to solve problems, productive....etc

2. All this programming language like C...etc can be used to perform any task in the computing industry, most language are developed from C(the real high level computer language) while C from assembly ..etc this language can perform task which other languages can do even python AI libraries were written in C++

3.There is this programming meme that says computer programmers are lazy that hell true because that one of the reason we have many languages .... You know what they want they wanna simplify the amount instructions given to a computer more little by creating sub languages that requires less algorithm to perform same task .... python is a good example ....now computer scientist are now trying automate code without writing codes 8+ generation computing....this is with the use of AI
So what they are just doing is to simplify algorithms by creating different compiler
AI compilers will take programming job from us soon because they will start writing code and their performance would be more higher than ours

4. You all should stop arguing or supporting one language or the other . All this languages were deliberately built with const and pros (in perfect)
Compiler scientist can or may have a perfect compiler which they must not release for production this is politics in computing industry ......evey language must have their usefulness and weakness, this is done by the compiler designers .... So just learn the langauage that suit your task ..... but to be sincere python does the job well it works anywhere

Conclusion: If you know a language know it well and be versatile on it, be productive....etc know what the market industry demands for .... Work smart not hard for example

Hard work: learning different language to build mobile app cross platform e.g Kotlin Swift

Smart work: learning just JavaScript to build mobile app e.g React Native while Desktop: Electron.js do you know that VScode IDE was built with HTML CSS and JS ......
Hope my message was clare
Re: Computer Science ..... The Worst Course To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 28, 2020
confirm0:
You all have spoken well

But let get this straight.

1. You have to take note of what the computing market industry needs. Whether you know Assembly, C, C++, Python...and the likes... Most employees don't care, what they need and care about is if you can use that language you know to solve problems, productive....etc

2. All this programming language like C...etc can be used to perform any task in the computing industry, most language are developed from C(the real high level computer language) while C from assembly ..etc this language can perform task which other languages can do even python AI libraries were written in C++

3.There is this programming meme that says computer programmers are lazy that hell true because that one of the reason we have many languages .... You know what they want they wanna simplify the amount instructions given to a computer more little by creating sub languages that requires less algorithm to perform same task .... python is a good example ....now computer scientist are now trying automate code without writing codes 8+ generation computing....this is with the use of AI
So what they are just doing is to simplify algorithms by creating different compiler
AI compilers will take programming job from us soon because they will start writing code and their performance would be more higher than ours

4. You all should stop arguing or supporting one language or the other . All this languages were deliberately built with const and pros (in perfect)
Compiler scientist can or may have a perfect compiler which they must not release for production this is politics in computing industry ......evey language must have their usefulness and weakness, this is done by the compiler designers .... So just learn the langauage that suit your task ..... but to be sincere python does the job well it works anywhere

Conclusion: If you know a language know it well and be versatile on it, be productive....etc know what the market industry demands for .... Work smart not hard for example

Hard work: learning different language to build mobile app cross platform e.g Kotlin Swift

Smart work: learning just JavaScript to build mobile app e.g React Native while Desktop: Electron.js do you know that VScode IDE was built with HTML CSS and JS ......
Hope my message was clare
Number 4 and that part about AI compilers being more efficient than humans aren't true. About number 4 to implement a language is not easy at all (I am currently writing one) to write a syntax analyser is a real headache because that is where most of the programming languages features have to be handled, a bigger headache is optimisation and code generation, you have to know at least seven ISA (Instruction Set Architectures) x86 and ARM being one of them or you just depend on llvm which is dangerous to me.
The AI compiler is a program and program always have bugs you can't tell a buggy program to fix another buggy program, that is madness humans will maintain it of course, humans are still the ones who will build ISAs and CPUs and those AI compilers need humans to teach them. I really love what you said about languages truth is some are good at one thing and bad at the other. C for example can do anything but it is difficult to use it for a task like web development.
Re: Computer Science ..... The Worst Course To Study In Nigeria? by ToyinDipo(m): 4:33pm On May 28, 2020
pajosh:
Its unfortunate though .. But I think computer science in Nigeria is the worst course to study in Nigeria owing to the fact that most lecturers have little or no programming experience and most times students are subjected to learning aceic languages like COBOL PASCAL FOTRAN , etc whereas those languages are now too low for the basic in these ever evolving tech industry

Feel free to add other ways you think we're missing it in computer science course in Nigeria

Didn't know they have introduced some programming languages classified as 'aceic' languages into computer science curriculum in Nigeria.
Re: Computer Science ..... The Worst Course To Study In Nigeria? by ibkayee(f): 4:35pm On May 28, 2020
ToyinDipo:

Didn't know they have introduced some programming languages classified as 'aceic' languages into computer science curriculum in Nigeria.

Nawa o Toyin, what are you going to do about this?
Re: Computer Science ..... The Worst Course To Study In Nigeria? by ToyinDipo(m): 4:36pm On May 28, 2020
ibkayee:

Nawa o Toyin, what are you going to do about this?

I was trolling ni jare cheesy
Re: Computer Science ..... The Worst Course To Study In Nigeria? by ibkayee(f): 4:37pm On May 28, 2020
ToyinDipo:

I was trolling ni jare cheesy
I know jor

1 Like

Re: Computer Science ..... The Worst Course To Study In Nigeria? by ToyinDipo(m): 4:37pm On May 28, 2020
ibkayee:

I know jor
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Computer Science ..... The Worst Course To Study In Nigeria? by confirm0(m): 8:00pm On May 28, 2020
Ausrichie:

Number 4 and that part about AI compilers being more efficient than humans aren't true. About number 4 to implement a language is not easy at all (I am currently writing one) to write a syntax analyser is a real headache because that is where most of the programming languages features have to be handled, a bigger headache is optimisation and code generation, you have to know at least seven ISA (Instruction Set Architectures) x86 and ARM being one of them or you just depend on llvm which is dangerous to me.
The AI compiler is a program and program always have bugs you can't tell a buggy program to fix another buggy program, that is madness humans will maintain it of course, humans are still the ones who will build ISAs and CPUs and those AI compilers need humans to teach them. I really love what you said about languages truth is some are good at one thing and bad at the other. C for example can do anything but it is difficult to use it for a task like web development.

Well said also but when real AI(unsupervised) is built, it would be more productive, efficient...etc than humans .... I have seen a supervised(trained) AI program creating a website wireframe structure vastly

What library are you using to create your compiler?? C++ and Java or C?
Re: Computer Science ..... The Worst Course To Study In Nigeria? by Lordpeckxy(m): 9:39am On May 29, 2020
Ausrichie:
Just saw this now tell them. But man C has major security issues.
hahahahahaha very funny
Re: Computer Science ..... The Worst Course To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:23am On May 29, 2020
confirm0:

Well said also but when real AI(unsupervised) is built, it would be more productive, efficient...etc than humans .... I have seen a supervised(trained) AI program creating a website wireframe structure vastly

What library are you using to create your compiler?? C++ and Java or C?
I am using C but I am writing everything from scratch. Took me about six months to get to the syntax analyser.

1 Like

Re: Computer Science ..... The Worst Course To Study In Nigeria? by confirm0(m): 6:02pm On May 29, 2020
Ausrichie:

I am using C but I am writing everything from scratch. Took me about six months to get to the syntax analyser.

Wow success for your project oh i know it not easy but you will find it easy when you are done
Re: Computer Science ..... The Worst Course To Study In Nigeria? by Anonime1105(m): 7:18pm On May 29, 2020
pajosh:
Sorry guys for being offline recently

... The name of the tutorial is called .MASTER THE CODING INTERVIEW . DATA STRUCTURES + ALGORITHMS

grin
Re: Computer Science ..... The Worst Course To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 30, 2020
confirm0:

Wow success for your project oh i know it not easy but you will find it easy when you are done
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Greatest Computer Programmers In History / Java Server Pages (jsp) Or Java Server Face(jsf Which Path To Trend? ? ? ? / Solving Real Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.