Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,947 members, 7,814,212 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Boxing Champion Wilder Challenged Jesus Christ And Regrets It. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Boxing Champion Wilder Challenged Jesus Christ And Regrets It. (2831 Views)

My Encounter With Jesus Christ And Conversion To Christianity:part1 / Prophet Livingston Kwame: If You Marry Jesus Christ And Nag, He Will Dump You / Holy Names In Celestial Church Of Christ And Their Uses In Psalms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boxing Champion Wilder Challenged Jesus Christ And Regrets It. by Drdreyy: 8:33pm On Mar 06, 2020
In this video, it can be clearly seen that wilder challenged the God of Fury before the fight. Fury believes in Jesus Christ. While it seems wilder doesn't believe in God

Wilder took it to the extreme when he said "this fight is going to be a fight between your God and my god"

Well, we all know the outcome of the match and wilder has reversed his statement and now believes God is real.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Wj7tYm9vHKU

cc: Lalasticlala Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Boxing Champion Wilder Challenged Jesus Christ And Regrets It. by Sheunma: 8:50pm On Mar 06, 2020
Allahu Akbar
Re: Boxing Champion Wilder Challenged Jesus Christ And Regrets It. by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 06, 2020
Stupid op
Re: Boxing Champion Wilder Challenged Jesus Christ And Regrets It. by Uyi168: 9:12pm On Mar 06, 2020
Boko boys have been challenging God with far worse atrocities,yet your God has done absolutely nothing...

7 Likes

Re: Boxing Champion Wilder Challenged Jesus Christ And Regrets It. by SeunNotOwner: 9:16pm On Mar 06, 2020
Drdreyy:
In this video, it can be clearly seen that wilder challenged the God of Fury before the fight. Fury believes in Jesus Christ. While it seems wilder doesn't believe in God

Wilder took it to the extreme when he said "this fight is going to be a fight between your God and my god"

Well, we all know the outcome of the match and wilder has reversed his statement and now believes God is real.

Tyson Fury is a Backslider and a Chronic Mastubator that need to repent of his sin

3 Likes

Re: Boxing Champion Wilder Challenged Jesus Christ And Regrets It. by sniperr007(m): 3:59am On Mar 07, 2020
SeunTheOwner:

Tyson Fury is a Backslider and a Chronic Mastubator that need to repent of his sin

You are in his house to know he masturbates and God that has judged him.
Weldon

1 Like

Re: Boxing Champion Wilder Challenged Jesus Christ And Regrets It. by Nobody: 5:16am On Mar 07, 2020
Drdreyy:

When a man stands to hit his fellow man in front of a blood thirsty crowd cheering him to continue beating his fellow man to stupor all in the name of sport, game and money, i think something has terribly gone wrong! Galatians 5:22-24
Because the God of the Bible hates violence and all those loving violence! Psalms 11:5
So it sounds preposterous saying a violent person believe (trust) in Jesus, a teacher who has come to infuse a humble spirit in the hearts of his own followers!
Re: Boxing Champion Wilder Challenged Jesus Christ And Regrets It. by SeunNotOwner: 6:34am On Mar 07, 2020
sniperr007:

Weldon

You are not current in the news

Tyson Fury Masturbates 7 Times A Day As Part Of Wilder Rematch Preparations
https://www.nairaland.com/5631637/tyson-fury-masturbates-7-times

3 Likes

Re: Boxing Champion Wilder Challenged Jesus Christ And Regrets It. by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 07, 2020
This is exactly what our YOUTHS are good at.

1 Like

Re: Boxing Champion Wilder Challenged Jesus Christ And Regrets It. by sniperr007(m): 2:07pm On Mar 07, 2020
SeunTheOwner:

He said it doesn't mean he does it.

Fury talks a lot.
Its his brand and style.
Re: Boxing Champion Wilder Challenged Jesus Christ And Regrets It. by MuttleyLaff: 3:43pm On Mar 07, 2020
SeunTheOwner:
Show me a perfect man. Everyone of us is WiP.

sniperr007:
Weldon
Dont mind that one. Tyson that has five kids with his lovely and beautiful wife. If God had wanted him to not masturbate, He would have made made him Tyrannosaurus rex and not Tyson Fury.

SeunTheOwner:

He explained the benefits he gets from masturbating, which among other things is to keep the "testosterone flowing" from his energy release. It obviously is not every time his missus, for one reason or the other, will be in the mood and you dont expect my man Tyson to go philandering, or do you now, hmm?
Re: Boxing Champion Wilder Challenged Jesus Christ And Regrets It. by MuttleyLaff: 3:48pm On Mar 07, 2020
Drdreyy:

saying
That demon inside Deontay, at the 2:02-2:14 mark was shouting out from Deontay, "... there's only one Bronze Bomber, there's only one Bronze Bomber, there's only one Bronze Bomber ..." and this was so surreal to watch. Hmmm.
Re: Boxing Champion Wilder Challenged Jesus Christ And Regrets It. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 07, 2020
SeunTheOwner:

One of their renoun religious leaders titled Pastor have publicly declared that masturbation is NOT a sin! 2Timothy 4:1-4

So if their religious leaders can be that blind, how do you expect the followers to see spiritually speaking? Matthew 15:14
Re: Boxing Champion Wilder Challenged Jesus Christ And Regrets It. by Buliwyf: 6:00pm On Mar 07, 2020
sniperr007:

Fury talks a lot.
Its his brand and style.

Yeah so he can say anything and do anything. But as long as he keeps mentioning Jesus you guys are fine with it. No wonder politicians rob you blind and still give testimonies of God's faithfulness in your churches.

He told you he masturbates to condition himself for the fight. Now you are claiming he doesnt actually do so because it wouldnt help your narrative. Modern Christianity is a religion of clowns and jesters. lol

By the way, if you must know that video was before the first fight that ended in a draw. lmao

1 Like

Re: Boxing Champion Wilder Challenged Jesus Christ And Regrets It. by MuttleyLaff: 9:31pm On Mar 07, 2020
sniperr007:
Fury talks a lot.
Its his brand and style.

Buliwyf:
Yeah so he can say anything and do anything. But as long as he keeps mentioning Jesus you guys are fine with it. No wonder politicians rob you blind and still give testimonies of God's faithfulness in your churches.

He told you he masturbates to condition himself for the fight. Now you are claiming he doesnt actually do so because it wouldnt help your narrative. Modern Christianity is a religion of clowns and jesters. lol

By the way, if you must know that video was before the first fight that ended in a draw. lmao
Nobody beats up the todger 7 times a day, every day. You wan kill am ni, lol.

Tyson Fury, entertainment wise, has a tongue in cheek, great sense of humour. I bet Deontay after getting whupped, has since then been strangling and choking the chicken, 14 times a day, lol.

1 Like

Re: Boxing Champion Wilder Challenged Jesus Christ And Regrets It. by sniperr007(m): 2:47pm On Mar 08, 2020
Buliwyf:

Understand that his relationship with Jesus is personal. I don't know about it.
I know he mentioned that he can't lose cos he has Jesus.

I think that says alot about his faith and where he puts Jesus in his life.

As for me, I think he is bragging.
As for pastors and politicians.. that's cos the pastor's are loyal to money not God.

1 Like

Re: Boxing Champion Wilder Challenged Jesus Christ And Regrets It. by Eviana(f): 9:56pm On Mar 08, 2020
Let me first put out a disclaimer:
I DO NOT WATCH BOXING.
I ABSOLUTELY AND UTTERLY DESPISE THIS SPORT AS I DO AMERICAN FOOTBALL...AND WILL ALWAYS DESPISE IT.

Reason being, that it is a vicious, volatile, vile, animalistic, barbaric, ferocious and life-threatening (in several ways) sport.
Was trying to use the most descriptive adjectives.
These men get their brains knocked around just as they do in American football. That is not what the body was designed for. It really is a form of abuse on the body to be constantly pummelled and pounded on to the point of swollen eyes closed shut, bloody faces, backs and ears, ruptured ear drums etc.
God does not condone that sort of "sport".
God has "0" part in that...regardless of what folks may think.

Anyhoo, I do not live under a rock and have heard folks talking about the much-hyped match a week or so ago. So I researched the two guys briefly, and also searched for a clip of the fight and could barely watch 5 seconds.
It was grotesque.
People were speaking about something that the white guy did to the black guy.
I watched it....and was sickened in the depths of my stomach. The image was detestable.
Also, people were speaking about the confession of Christ by the white guy.

Now looking from a purely spiritual perspective,
the white guy supposedly professes Jesus as his Saviour.
Yet he engaged in an extremely inappropriatly stated sexualized ritual before getting ready for a match or matches?
Then, what he specifically did to that black guy (not gonna describe it) that night towards the end of the match (I think caused I only saw a clip) had not even the slightest hint of Christianity. It was abnormal.
Clearly, another entity had taken over him.
That entity was NOT God...no way.
None of that is Christ...nor is it Christianity.
Quite naturally, when two men are practically beating each other to death, then there has to be another spirit taking over.
That is exactly what happened.

I read that the black guy comes from a religious family, however, it clearly looks like he has strayed.
He looked quite odd on that night in his regalia.
That outfit looked very dark...an ungodly spirit was attached to it.
What you guys saw was Hollywood....a script....a movie....actors on a stage....need I say more?
That is what happens when the quest for fame, wealth, and power consume a person to the point that they forget Who and what are truly important in life.
Now, I don't doubt that once upon a time, these guys professed Christ and maybe even lived it.
It's quite possible they have back-slidden.
But now, seing what "both" of them have done, as opposed to what they "profess", well we need to be praying for their full return to the Lord Jesus, because right now, sadly and unfortunately, they are not serving him.
People need to be cautious about what we label as Chritianity or who we follow because he/she professes Jesus.

1 John 4:1 (KJV)

4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

1 Like

Re: Boxing Champion Wilder Challenged Jesus Christ And Regrets It. by Acehart: 12:47am On Mar 09, 2020
Eviana:
I DO NOT WATCH BOXING.
I ABSOLUTELY AND UTTERLY DESPISE THIS SPORT AS I DO FOOTBALL..AND WILL ALWAYS DESPISE IT.

Reason being, that it is a vicious, volatile, vile, animalistic, barbaric, ferocious and life-threatening (in several ways) sport.
These men get their brains knocked around just as they do in football. That is not what the body was designed for. It really is a form of abuse on the body to be constantly pummelled and pounded on to the point of swollen eyes closed shut, bloody faces, backs and ears, ruptured ear drums etc.

Anyhoo, I do not live under a rock and have heard folks talking about the much-hyped match a week or so ago. So I researched the two guys briefly, and also searched for a clip of the fight and could barely watch 5 seconds.
It was grotesque.
I watched it....and was sickened in the depths of my stomach. The image was detestable.

Yet he engaged in an extremely inappropriatly stated sexualized ritual before getting ready for a match or matches?
Then, what he specifically did to that black guy (not gonna describe it) that night towards the end of the match (I think caused I only saw a clip) had not even the slightest hint of Christianity. It was abnormal.
Quite naturally, when two men are practically beating each other to death, then there has to be another spirit taking over.

I read that the black guy comes from a religious family, however, it clearly looks like he has strayed.
What you guys saw was Hollywood....a script....a movie....actors on a stage....need I say more?
That is what happens when the quest for fame, wealth, and power consume a person to the point that they forget Who and what are truly important in life.
Now, I don't doubt that once upon a time, these guys professed Christ and maybe even lived it.
But now, seing what "both" of them have done, as opposed to what they "profess", well we need to be praying for their full return to the Lord Jesus, because right now, sadly and unfortunately, they are not serving him.
People need to be cautious about what we label as Chritianity or who we follow because he/she professes Jesus.

4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

I enjoyed your writeup. I have also heard many Christians boast about the victory of Tyson Fury being a victory for the faith: it sounds like what politicians would say for popularity. It’s a travesty of the gospel to say the least.

I watch boxing (don’t slay me) though but what Fury did in the sixth round isn’t of the spirit of Christ: didn’t the Jerusalem council admonish the Gentiles to abstain from blood? The urge he felt was “cannibal-like”; this couldn’t have been the Lord’s doing?

Didn’t our Lord say we aren’t of the world? Didn’t he say we shouldn’t love the things of this world? Where does this boasting lead sinners to? Does boxing commend its stakeholders to righteousness?

Fury reminds me of Elijah: he would get the victory (because God would not let His name to be ridiculed) but God will rebuke him thereafter: His victory against Wilder would be like a loss when he comes face to face with God.

Don’t worry Ms. God will take care of the situation.
Re: Boxing Champion Wilder Challenged Jesus Christ And Regrets It. by MuttleyLaff: 3:48am On Mar 09, 2020
Eviana:
I DO NOT WATCH BOXING.
I ABSOLUTELY AND UTTERLY DESPISE THIS SPORT AS I DO FOOTBALL..AND WILL ALWAYS DESPISE IT.

These men get their brains knocked around just as they do in football. That is not what the body was designed for. It really is a form of abuse on the body to be constantly pummelled and pounded on to the point of swollen eyes closed shut, bloody faces, backs and ears, ruptured ear drums etc.

It was grotesque.

Acehart:
I enjoyed your writeup. I have also heard many Christians boast about the victory of Tyson Fury being a victory for the faith: it sounds like what politicians would say for popularity. It’s a travesty of the gospel to say the least.

I watch boxing (don’t slay me) though but what Fury did in the sixth round isn’t of the spirit of Christ: didn’t the Jerusalem council admonish the Gentiles to abstain from blood? The urge he felt was “cannibal-like”; this couldn’t have been the Lord’s doing?

Didn’t our Lord say we aren’t of the world? Didn’t he say we shouldn’t love the things of this world? Where does this boasting lead sinners to? Does boxing commend its stakeholders to righteousness?

Fury reminds me of Elijah: he would get the victory (because God would not let His name to be ridiculed) but God will rebuke him thereafter: His victory against Wilder would be like a loss when he comes face to face with God.

I enjoyed reading both Eviana and Acehart writeups, lol.

Eviana, certainly is entitled to voice her opinions. As it's just exactly what they are, they are views and/or conclusions formed about things, that are not necessarily based on fact or correct knowledge, lol.

I am going to cut to the bone and straightaway without any ceremony or wasting time come straight to the point, by asking you these few simple, easy, direct straightforward questions:
1/ How did Jacob sustain the hip injury he limped and suffered from?
2/ Who was until daybreak wrestling with God?
3/ Why would Apostle Paul say: "I do fight as if I were shadowboxing", hmm?
4/ Was what Jesus endure, suffered and went through at the hands of Pontius Pilate, the Roman soldiers, the arduous journey to Golgotha, the hanging on the cross and the culminating brutal death at same Calvary, any less vicious, volatile, vile, animalistic, barbaric, ferocious and life-threatening than the Wilder vs Fury II fight, hmm?
5/ Did you perchance also read that the black guy (i.e. Deontay Wilder) said he believes in ancestors spirits? He actually said the Bronze Bomber is an ancestry spirit, that, it is this ancestry spirit that possesses him. Deontay, by the way, nicknames himself the "Bronze Bomber"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj7tYm9vHKU
I made mention in my earlier post somewhere above there, that the demon inside Deontay, at the 2:02-2:14 minute mark of this YouTube clip, was with hostility, shouting out from him, Deontay, saying "... there's only one Bronze Bomber, there's only one Bronze Bomber, there's only one Bronze Bomber ..." and that it was so surreal to watch and hear.

Let him/her who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone
Re: Boxing Champion Wilder Challenged Jesus Christ And Regrets It. by Eviana(f): 1:23pm On Mar 09, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

I enjoyed reading both E/viana and A/cehart writeups, lol.

E/viana, certainly is entitled to voice her opinions. As it's just exactly what they are, they are views and/or conclusions formed about things, that are not necessarily based on fact or correct knowledge, lol.

I am going to cut to the bone and straightaway without any ceremony or wasting time come straight to the point, by asking you these few simple, easy, direct straightforward questions:
4/ Was what Jesus endure, suffered and went through at the hands of Pontius Pilate, the Roman soldiers, the arduous journey to Golgotha, the hanging on the cross and the culminating brutal death at same Calvary, any less vicious, volatile, vile, animalistic, barbaric, ferocious and life-threatening than the Wider vs Fury II fight, hmm?
5/ Did you perchance also read that the black guy (i.e. Deontay Wilder) said he believes in ancestors spirits? He actually said the Bronze Bomber is an ancestry spirit, that, it is this ancestry spirit that possesses him. Deontay, by the way, nicknames himself the "Bronze Bomber"

I made mention in my earlier post somewhere above there, that the demon inside Deontay, at the 2:02-2:14 minute mark of this YouTube clip, was with hostility, shouting out from him, Deontay, saying "... there's only one Bronze Bomber, there's only one Bronze Bomber, there's only one Bronze Bomber ..." and that it was so surreal to watch and hear.

Some Parts Modified

Sir,
With all due respect, it appears that you suffer from a case of "cherry-picking-when-it-suits-me-or-supports-what-I-believe-itis"....

Anyhow sir Muttley, I appreciate "your opinions" about "my opinions".

You seriously used Jacob's wrestling with God as a comparison and justification for what Mr. Wilder and Mr. Fury do as a profession?

Then you said "shadow-boxing" and Paul in the same sentence?

Then you compare the brutal, despicable treatment by satanic Roman soldiers to my Righteous Saviour, who was doing the will of His Father in Heaven--taking death as the penalty of sin for a fallen world-- as justification for boxing? Wow..
Muttley, seriously?

Let me take a moment here..

Ok...mercy.
Mr. Muttley, you would have done better to just plainly say, "I love boxing", as Mr.Acehart did.

Yep, I know Mr. Wilder is "now" into ancestral "worship"...which is not part of Christianity..which is why I said that he has back-slidden from the faith in some areas.
I know my Nigerian people are gonna attack me for speaking against
indigenous/traditional/native worship.
I don't get into the "color/race" issue of Jesus.
I don't care what His skin color was.
I care about His "blood"....the one that was shed for me....that color only.

It is very easy to allow a demonic spirit access in our lives when we make choices that allow him to do so.
Each day is a spiritual warfare battle for the Christian's soul. I am not exempt from that nor have I ever said that.

Romans 3:23 (KJV)
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

I am also aware of the caution we should take when it comes to judging.

Matthew 7:1 (KJV)
7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

However, professors of Christ are told to judge righteous judgment.

John 7:24 (KJV)
24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment

That means "sin" is "sin" is "sin" is "sin".
There are biblical guidelines that followers of Christ are supposed to adhere to...
Regardless of what I may "feel" or "think", there is a measuring stick of sorts created by God that I am to use when professing Christ.

Because I like something, doesn't lesson what the reality is...no matter how much I may try to justify it. I did not outright call boxing a "sin", but I did point out that the characteristics of that particular sport, do not represent the characteristics of Jesus.

As I said in my initial post, I am praying for both of them sir Muttley.
Re: Boxing Champion Wilder Challenged Jesus Christ And Regrets It. by Eviana(f): 1:29pm On Mar 09, 2020
Acehart:

I watch boxing (don’t slay me) [/b]though but what Fury did in the sixth round isn’t of the spirit of Christ: didn’t the Jerusalem council admonish the Gentiles to abstain from blood? The urge he felt was “cannibal-like”; this couldn’t have been the Lord’s doing?

[b]Fury reminds me of Elijah: he would get the victory (because God would not let His name to be ridiculed) but God will rebuke him thereafter: His victory against Wilder would be like a loss when he comes face to face with God.

Thank you for your well written reply.
Don't worry, I'm not judging you.
I appreciate your honesty in admitting you like the sport plain and simply.

Interesting analysis with the Fury/Elijah comparison.
I am praying for both of them.
Re: Boxing Champion Wilder Challenged Jesus Christ And Regrets It. by Acehart: 1:41pm On Mar 09, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

I enjoyed reading both Eviana and Acehart writeups, lol.

Eviana, certainly is entitled to voice her opinions. As it's just exactly what they are, they are views and/or conclusions formed about things, that are not necessarily based on fact or correct knowledge, lol.

4/ Was what Jesus endure, suffered and went through at the hands of Pontius Pilate, the Roman soldiers, the arduous journey to Golgotha, the hanging on the cross and the culminating brutal death at same Calvary, any less vicious, volatile, vile, animalistic, barbaric, ferocious and life-threatening than the Wider vs Fury II fight, hmm?

I didn’t want to respond to your comment because there are mines laid all over it: it’s the kind of comment that didn’t employ the strength of the cerebral cortex.

1. A Greco-Roman styled wrestling contest in the olympics lasts for 5 minutes a bout; after each bout, many wrestlers can’t go on another five minutes; some limp out and are carried away by their coaching crew. Aleksandr Karelin was the “god” of Olympic wrestling; all but one of his opponents (professionally trained wrestlers from their childhood) did not last up to two minutes on the mat; many pinning themselves intentionally because of the fear of the inevitable - his reverse lift.

Then you hear of an octogenarian wrestling God for hours and you didn’t stop to ask if what was spoken of was a metaphor.

2. Paul’s Shadow boxing: When Paul quoted the inscription, “To the unknown God”, maybe he could be described as an evangelist turned Philosopher; when God described Himself with female qualities and features, He could be described as bisexual. (I speak with no wisdom).

You seem to forget that we were not born saved. If Paul described himself as Chief among sinners; what was it in his former state did he not still have knowledge of or that he should feign obliviousness to? Wasn’t his theology and letters to people who were once lovers of the things of this world (and still love them) littered with picturesque comparison to Roman sport terminologies:

"Do you not know that in the stadium all the runners run but that only one wins the victory wreath? Run in such a way that you win it! Each fighter lives however completely abstinent; they do it to win a passing, we however to win an imperishable prize. Therefore I do not run like someone who is running without aim, and do not fight with my fists like someone who punches into air; rather I chastise and subject my body, in order that I do not preach to other people and am rejected myself." (1 Cor 9:24-27)

Even your quote - shadow boxing, seems dubious. Contextually and specifically, you were wrong. (I hope I misunderstand you so that you can be correct). Didn’t Paul write this letter to a church who loved the things of the devil and those of this world?

4. The brutality against Christ: Are you suggesting in order to understand the brutality against Christ we must consume the brutality against Wilder? At your conversion, did the Spirit of Christ minister the wrath of men to you for your conversion or did He minister the love of God in Christ Jesus symbolized by the Cross of Calvary for your conversion? If your case is the former, may you peep into Heaven to check whether you name is inscribed in the Book of Life.

5. Wilder’s adoration of the spirit of his ancestors: When you glanced at that Book that saints have an assurance of salvation, were you admonished to pay attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons ? Didn’t Christ silence demons so that we would not be swayed by their declarations? Yet you heed to what (you perceived as demonic utterance) the Wilder man festered and try to sway us to follow your lead.

May the Lord have mercy on us all.
Re: Boxing Champion Wilder Challenged Jesus Christ And Regrets It. by MuttleyLaff: 6:48pm On Mar 09, 2020
Eviana:
Sir,
You never cease to amaze me.
Ma'am, I was put on this earth to do either of two things, to amaze and piss people off, OR, to amaze and make people smile, lol. Which one did you get blessed from me with, lol.

Eviana:
You can be so biblically sound one minute, then you do a "180" and fall off...
You suffer from a case of "cherry-picking-when-it-suits-me-or-supports-what-I-believe-it is"...lol.
Nah, you looked down the wrong end of the telescope judging by this your comment, lol. I was just playing devil's advocate with you, picking apart your intensely filled with emotion strong feelings and emotional outbursts post, lol.

When you began reeling out the most descriptive adjectives using the words: vicious, volatile, vile, animalistic, barbaric, ferocious and life-threatening (in several ways) to describe the boxing sport, I muttered to myself, watch, she'll soon run out of superlatives to continue describing this with, lol, then lo and behold, guess what. You actually did stop, lol

Eviana:
Anyhow sir Muttley, I appreciate "your opinions" about "my opinions" because (as you earlier wrote), you are certainly entitled to voice your opinions. As it's just exactly what they are, they are views and/or conclusions formed about things, that are not necessarily based on fact or correct knowledge, lol.
Of course, you know why I dearly love you, beside you having a good head on your shoulders, is your good sense of humour and ability to have a good laugh, lol.

Eviana:
You seriously used Jacob's wrestling with God as a comparison and justification for what Mr. Wilder and Mr. Fury do as a profession?
Whoa, whoa, whoa, madam. Ease up ma'am, first and foremost,
1/ Where did MuttleyLaff use Jacob's wrestling with God as a comparison for what Mr. Wilder and Mr. Fury do as a profession?
2/ Where did MuttleyLaff use Jacob's wrestling with God as a justification for what Mr. Wilder and Mr. Fury do as a profession?
3/ Where did you read and/or find MuttleyLaff condemn or condone Mr. Deontay Wilder and Mr. Tyson Fury choice to take up boxing as a chosen profession that will bring in money

Eviana:
Then you said "shadow-boxing" and Paul in the same sentence?
So? Yeah, did he or not shadow box ni, hmm?

Eviana:
Then you compare the brutal, despicable treatment by satanic Roman soldiers to my Righteous Saviour, who was doing the will of His father--taking death as the penalty of sin for a fallen world-- as justification for boxing? Wow..
Muttley, seriously?
You are being emotional now just as when you penned the original post

Eviana:
Let me take a moment here..
Ok...mercy.
Mr. Muttley, you would have done better to just plainly say, "I love boxing", as Mr.Acehart did.
That's an illusion because I wouldnt particularly say, I love boxing. Sorry to burst your bubble. Now, if you must know, I at times, merely just says things for sake of needing to be real and say things the way I see them, and most of the time, not neccesarily, minding whose ox is gored.

Eviana:
Yep, I know Mr. Wilder is "now" into ancetral worship...which is not of Jesus Christ..which is why I said that he has back-slidden from the faith.
I know my Nigerian people are gonna attack me for speaking against indigenous/traditional/native worship.
I don't get into the "color/race" issue of Jesus.
I don't care what His skin color was.
I care about His "blood"....the one that was shed for me....that color only.

I saw what you wrote and yes, he has a demonic spirit in him.
It is very easy to allow a demonic spirit access in our lives when we make choices that allow him to do so.
Each day is a spiritual warfare battle for the Christian's soul. I am not exempt from that nor have I ever said that.

Romans 3:23 (KJV)
"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"
I am also aware of the caution we should take when it comes to judging.

Matthew 7:1 (KJV)
"Judge not, that ye be not judged."
However, professors of Christ are told to judge righteous judgment.

John 7:24 (KJV)
"Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment."

That means "sin" is "sin" is "sin" is "sin".
There are biblical guidelines that followers of Christ are supposed to adhere to...
Regardless of what I may "feel" or "think", there is a measuring stick of sorts created by God that I am to use when professing Christ.

Because I like something, doesn't lesson what the reality is...no matter how much I may try to justify it. I did not outright call boxing a "sin", but I did point out that the characteristics of that particular sport, do not represent the characteristics of Jesus.
The emboldened "I did not outright call boxing a "sin"" vindicates me, lol. Mission Accomplished. Sweet Success, lol, by the grace and power of God Almighty

MuttleyLaff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDA_eyMMiWQ

Boxer Manny Pacquiao Built 1,000 Homes In His Homeland For The Poor

Growing up in poverty in the Philippines, Pacquiao frequently slept on cardboard boxes and skipped school for work to help his mother meet ends.

When Pacquiao eventually fought his way out of poverty, he decided to give back to people who were still struggling. In 2016, Pacquiao paid out of his pocket to build 1,000 houses for the poor in his home country.

Despite losing his highly anticipated 2015
"Fight of the Century" against Floyd Mayweather Jr., Pacquiao earned more than $100 million for the fight and spent a great deal of his earnings on financing the homes

Eviana:
I am praying for both of them sir Muttley.
Thanks for your always "thought-provoking" contributions.
"With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit,
and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints,
"
- Ephesians 6:18
Re: Boxing Champion Wilder Challenged Jesus Christ And Regrets It. by MuttleyLaff: 6:49pm On Mar 09, 2020
Acehart:
I didn’t want to respond to your comment because there are mines laid all over it:
it’s the kind of comment that didn’t employ the strength of the cerebral cortex.
Of course, you know the popular saying: "sticks and stones may break my bones but words, will never hurt me" so my dear friend, you can have your kind and comforting words back and shove them up your .... Never mind, have a good evening!

Acehart:
[s]1. A Greco-Roman styled wrestling contest in the olympics lasts for 5 minutes a bout; after each bout, many wrestlers can’t go on another five minutes; some limp out and are carried away by their coaching crew. Aleksandr Karelin was the “god” of Olympic wrestling; all but one of his opponents (professionally trained wrestlers from their childhood) did not last up to two minutes on the mat; many pinning themselves intentionally because of the fear of the inevitable - his reverse lift.

Then you hear of an octogenarian wrestling God for hours and you didn’t stop to ask if what was spoken of was a metaphor.

2. Paul’s Shadow boxing: When Paul quoted the inscription, “To the unknown God”, maybe he could be described as an evangelist turned Philosopher; when God described Himself with female qualities and features, He could be described as bisexual. (I speak with no wisdom).

You seem to forget that we were not born saved. If Paul described himself as Chief among sinners; what was it in his former state did he not still have knowledge of or that he should feign obliviousness to? Wasn’t his theology and letters to people who were once lovers of the things of this world (and still love them) littered with picturesque comparison to Roman sport terminologies:

"Do you not know that in the stadium all the runners run but that only one wins the victory wreath? Run in such a way that you win it! Each fighter lives however completely abstinent; they do it to win a passing, we however to win an imperishable prize. Therefore I do not run like someone who is running without aim, and do not fight with my fists like someone who punches into air; rather I chastise and subject my body, in order that I do not preach to other people and am rejected myself." (1 Cor 9:24-27)

Even your quote - shadow boxing, seems dubious. Contextually and specifically, you were wrong. (I hope I misunderstand you so that you can be correct). Didn’t Paul write this letter to a church who loved the things of the devil and those of this world?

4. The brutality against Christ: Are you suggesting in order to understand the brutality against Christ we must consume the brutality against Wilder? At your conversion, did the Spirit of Christ minister the wrath of men to you for your conversion or did He minister the love of God in Christ Jesus symbolized by the Cross of Calvary for your conversion? If your case is the former, may you peep into Heaven to check whether you name is inscribed in the Book of Life.

5. Wilder’s adoration of the spirit of his ancestors: When you glanced at that Book that saints have an assurance of salvation, were you admonished to pay attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons ? Didn’t Christ silence demons so that we would not be swayed by their declarations? Yet you heed to what (you perceived as demonic utterance) the Wilder man festered and try to sway us to follow your lead.

May the Lord have mercy on us all.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Boxing Champion Wilder Challenged Jesus Christ And Regrets It. by Eviana(f): 8:35pm On Mar 09, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Ma'am, I was put on this earth to do either of two things, to amaze and piss people off, OR, to amaze and make people smile, lol. Which one did you get blessed from me with, lol.

Nah, you looked down the wrong end of the telescope judging by this your comment, lol. I was just playing devil's advocate with you, picking apart your intensely filled with emotion strong feelings and emotional outbursts post, lol.

When you began reeling out the most descriptive adjectives using the words: vicious, volatile, vile, animalistic, barbaric, ferocious and life-threatening (in several ways) to describe the boxing sport, I muttered to myself, watch, she'll soon run out of superlatives to continue describing this with, lol, then lo and behold, guess what. You actually did stop, lol

Of course, you know why I dearly love you, beside you having a good head on your shoulders, is your good sense of humour and ability to have a good laugh, lol.

1/ Where did MuttleyLaff use Jacob's wrestling with God as a comparison for what Mr. Wilder and Mr. Fury do as a profession?
2/ Where did MuttleyLaff use Jacob's wrestling with God as a justification for what Mr. Wilder and Mr. Fury do as a profession?
3/ Where did you read and/or find MuttleyLaff condemn or condone Mr. Deontay Wilder and Mr. Tyson Fury choice to take up boxing as a chosen profession that will bring in money

That's an illusion because I wouldnt particularly say, I love boxing. Sorry to burst your bubble. Now, if you must know, I at times, merely just says things for sake of needing to be real and say things the way I see them, and most of the time, not neccesarily, minding whose ox is gored.

The emboldened "I did not outright call boxing a "sin"" vindicates me, lol. Mission Accomplished. Sweet Success, lol, by the grace and power of God Almighty

and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints,
"

Oh,
How did you do that?
I see you have my original post...which I thought I had erased because you hadn't replied yet.
I thought I had been too harsh, or too "emotion-filled", so I erased certain parts and cleaned up others...lol.
But I see they've been re-birthed.
This is the internet, after all...

You and I have had our doctrinal differences, and probably will have some in the future but I can respect your willingness to discuss the Bible in depth rather than at surface level...although sometimes done in a questionable way.

I'm gonna read through your reply slowly (a little later) as I have only quickly glanced through and seen that my original reply to you..all of it...is still here.

Will come back..
Re: Boxing Champion Wilder Challenged Jesus Christ And Regrets It. by MuttleyLaff: 12:07am On Mar 10, 2020
Eviana:
Oh,
How did you do that?
I see you have my original post...which I thought I had erased because you hadn't replied yet.
I thought I had been too harsh, or too "emotion-filled", so I erased certain parts and cleaned up others...lol.
The modified post before its edit, was emotionally charged written just as much as your first original and/or main post, if not more, was, lol. The first sequel post to your original/main post, was you reacting quickly to type and so ended up, gung-ho, all guns blazing, shooting from the hip upandan the whole place, lol

Eviana:
But I see they've been re-birthed.
This is the internet, after all...
Yep, the internet keeps receipts dahling, lol. Does tell, of course, will snitch, and that's even, without at all nicely being asked to please snitch, lol

Eviana:
You and I have had our doctrinal differences, and probably will have some in the future but ...
Well, fyi, I tend to see similarities in people, and not necessarily mope over the differences

Eviana:
... I can respect your willingness to discuss the Bible in depth rather than at surface level...although sometimes done in a questionable way.
Hey Eviana, we must be in the "fyi" season, lol, because, another fyi is this: Strength lies in differences, not similarities, as some do think, lol. Differences, are not meant to divide us, not intended to separate us, not be used to alienate, we are different, precisely for the sheer reason to realise our need of one another. The short person needs the tall person, the poor needs the rich, the poverty stricken needs the wealthy, the sick needs the healthy, etcetera needs etcetera and/or vice versa

Oopsy daisy, another fyi coming up, is that, I hardly do "surface level," and its mainly because, that will be depressingly dull, bleak and/or boring, so if tbh, more often than not, you'll find me, with my head buried inside the lifted up bonnet, hands dirtied up, from unearthing and looking around inside, for what to grab and bring up to the surface, lol, to questionably look at.

You see Eviana, ".. sometimes done in a questionable way ..." maybe is because when you hear hoofbeats, you sheeple conventionally and dogmatically think of horses, but I go all out to check and see, if its zebras, lol.

Eviana:
I'm gonna read through your reply slowly (a little later) as I have only quickly glanced through and seen that my original reply to you..all of it...is still here.
"My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this:
Everyone should be quick to listen,
slow to speak and slow to become angry,
"
- James 1:19

"Do not be rash with your mouth,
And let not your heart utter anything hastily ...
"
- Ecclesiastes 5:2a

That right there, is a wise woman and a realigning one, for that matter, too, lol. No wise person permits the heart rule the head or vice versa.
It actually is a matter of getting to strike the right balance between the heart and head.

Eviana:
Will come back..
You'll come back, à la Arnold Schwarzenegger, lol, JC or both, lol?

PS: Eviana, did you get to maybe watch that, less than a minute YouTube clip, about boxer Pacquiao?
Re: Boxing Champion Wilder Challenged Jesus Christ And Regrets It. by Eviana(f): 1:05am On Mar 10, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

"

I have come back calm and level-headed.
Well, in actuality sometimes I do not know when you are playing devil's advocate and when you are being serious.
So much deception in this section, you know.
I actually didn't think that Acehart's reply deserved to be crossed-out or place in the trash.
That was inappropriate.
I think it was well-written.

I just did not understand your use of Jacob, Paul and the Saviour of the world..in comparison to a sport called "boxing"?

I was extremely puzzled...still am.

I have not checked out the Manny Pacquiao video.
I have heard of him though and his philanthropic nature.
He is retired from boxing now, correct?
What is he doing now?
Perhaps I should research him.

I was initially interested in this post because, as I said earlier, the fight had been the "talk of the town" here in the U.S. for awhile.
It had been doubly interesting to me because of the spiritual aspect between the two.
Mr. Wilder's dad is a pastor...which I found out from my research.
I still will keep both men in my prayers....
Re: Boxing Champion Wilder Challenged Jesus Christ And Regrets It. by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 2:47am On Mar 10, 2020
Maximus69:

When a man stands to hit his fellow man in front of a blood thirsty crowd cheering him to continue beating his fellow man to stupor all in the name of sport, game and money, i think something has terribly gone wrong! Galatians 5:22-24
Because the God of the Bible hates violence and all those loving violence! Psalms 11:5
So it sounds preposterous saying a violent person believe (trust) in Jesus, a teacher who has come to infuse a humble spirit in the hearts of his own followers!
God of which Bible hates violence undecided
The same Bible wherein half is filled with murder
Or the same Jesus who's second coming is as a conquering warlord
Re: Boxing Champion Wilder Challenged Jesus Christ And Regrets It. by MuttleyLaff: 2:48am On Mar 10, 2020
Eviana:
I have come back calm and level-headed.
Well, in actuality sometimes I do not know when you are playing devil's advocate and when you are being serious.
So much deception in this section, you know.
I actually didn't think that Acehart's reply deserved to be crossed-out or place in the trash.
That was inappropriate.
I think it was well-written.

I just did not understand your use of Jacob, Paul and the Saviour of the world..in comparison to a sport called "boxing"?

I was extremely puzzled...still am.
You see Eviana, take for instance, about ".. sometimes done in a questionable way ..." is maybe because when you hear hoofbeats, you sheepled conventionally and dogmatically think of horses, but I go all out to check and see, if its zebras and/or wildebeests, lol.

I dont think Adam too understood what the Omniscient God, lol, meant, when the Omniscient God, called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? Just straightaway answer the questions, quit trying to make sense of it first before giving the answers, lol.

Good to hear you return back in calm and level-headed mode, lol. You're right on the money about so much deception in this section and Acehart. The deception is not limited to this section just alone.

Oh yeah, Acehart's reply richly deserved to be crossed-out and dumped in the trash. From what I read that was a toxic and naughty thing to type, and that supposedly coming from an intelligent person who is yearning and/or learning to spiritually better himself and guard against false pastors. Pftt. You noticed I didnt dignify him much, but just returned back to him, his unappreciated "compliment" with where to shove it and wished him a good evening, lol

I didnt ask you to understand, I only asked for your answers to the questions. First things, first please, dahling.

Eviana:
I have not checked out the Manny Pacquiao video.
I have heard of him though and his philanthropic nature.
He is retired from boxing now, correct?
What is he doing now?
Perhaps I should research him.
Smh. Its not even up to a 60 seconds long clip. It wont break your bandwidth bank nah

Eviana:
I was initially interested in this post because, as I said earlier, the fight had been the "talk of the town" here in the U.S. for awhile.
It had been doubly interesting to me because of the spiritual aspect between the two.
I would never have guessed right you're in the States. You say, you dont live under a rock, but with remark like this sort, sounds like you live a sheltered life, but that might be wrong sha.

Eviana:
Mr. Wilder's dad is a pastor...which I found out from my research.
I still will keep both men in my prayers....
"... Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear.
(i.e. ... work out your own salvation with fear and trembling,)
"
- Philippians 2:12

Salvation is personal. Your papa's salvation wont save you, your grandma's salvation wont save you.

Yeah, as I previously typed, keep Ephesians 6:18 praying, and especially for Deontay, pray for him to either put a lid on his wayward lips and/or keep his mouth utterances' in check

I dont think you really and fully understand what transpired here. This wasnt or isnt an ordinary spat you know. You should ask or better still go research to find out what did Tyson say that made Deontay declare, throw down the gauntlet and kept on saying: ".. its going to be your God against my god... your God against my god... your God against my god "

Deontay, for mixing his first love, juxtaposing his faith with ancestral spirits etcetera, is a man, more confused than a fart, let loose on the production floor of a fan making factory.

Tyson Fury, was right when he, Tyson confronted Deontay, telling him that Deontay believes in something he, Tyson doesnt believe in. Tyson further told Deontay that, he Tyson, needs nothing to come inside him, except for only the power of God from above, that he gets his power only from God and dont need a second person or anything else like that, to come enter him and help him. It was upon hearing all this, that the demon voiced out, to do the eyes bulging, wide eyed staring and pulsating face "... there's only one Bronze Bomber, there's only one Bronze Bomber, there's only one Bronze Bomber .." shouting. Smh.
Re: Boxing Champion Wilder Challenged Jesus Christ And Regrets It. by Acehart: 7:14am On Mar 10, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Of course, you know the popular saying: "sticks and stones may break my bones but words, will never hurt me" so my dear friend, you can have your kind and comforting words back and shove them up your .... Never mind, have a good evening!

“Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed" - Friedrich Nietzsche

1 Like

Re: Boxing Champion Wilder Challenged Jesus Christ And Regrets It. by MuttleyLaff: 7:31am On Mar 10, 2020
Acehart:
"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth
because they don't want their illusions destroyed
"
- Friedrich Nietzsche
I have bucket loads more of sayings just like that, where from on my profile page, you went to snoop and right on there, pinch that home truth quote from, lol. The quote, fits you perfectly, like a glove, lol.
Re: Boxing Champion Wilder Challenged Jesus Christ And Regrets It. by MuttleyLaff: 7:58am On Mar 10, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:
God of which Bible hates violence undecided
The same Bible wherein half is filled with murder
Or the same Jesus who's second coming is as a conquering warlord
"Instead, God chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise.
And He chose things that are powerless to shame those who are powerful.
"
- 1 Corinthians 1:27

Oh yeah, of course, God allowed the violence, the same Bible wherein half filled with murder, Jesus who's second coming is as a conquering warlord, contradiction, confusion, anarchy, hypcocrisy and foolishness to confound smart-arses, the wiser in their eyes more than God, lol

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is Jesus The Unique Son Of God ? / Pastor Tasking Me For Money I Promised God / Pagan Roots/origins Of Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 188
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.