Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,358 members, 7,836,463 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

‘messi Isn't A Phenomenon Anymore’ - Gatti - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ‘messi Isn't A Phenomenon Anymore’ - Gatti (303 Views)

'Cannot Tell Me This Isn't A Fix!': Man Utd Fans Fume At Champions League Draw / Hugo Gatti: If Messi Wants To Be The Best, He Has To Go To Madrid / ‘Ronaldo Would Have Played’ – Injured Messi Criticised By Gatti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘messi Isn't A Phenomenon Anymore’ - Gatti by oladikenie(m): 7:57am On Mar 07, 2020
A former Argentina international says that the Barcelona star "spoils" his team

Former Argentina goalkeeper Hugo Gatti has claimed that Barcelona ’s Lionel Messi is no longer phenomenal and that he “spoils” his team because of the slow tempo he plays at.

The two-time Copa Libertadores winner with Boca Juniors has claimed that the 32-year-old “walks more on the pitch now” than he used to.

Despite this suggestion, Messi has still scored 23 goals in 30 appearances for the Catalans this season, laying on another 16.
That has not spared him from Gatti, though.

“I don't care if they criticise me in Argentina,” he told El
Chiringuito . “I'm very Argentinian and Messi is a phenomenon, but he's not a phenomenon now

“They treat him wrong because they big him up and big him up and treat him wrong. He gets used to it and walks more on the pitch. He has to be better.

“Cristiano [Ronaldo] and him are the two best. “Messi has to be better, he's got used to playing at a weary rhythm, walking and those that know football think the same. Take off, kid. You have to play well.

(1) (Reply)

Barca-napoli Will Be Played Behind Closed Doors Due To Coronavirus Outbreak / Plateau United Goalkeeper Henry Anozie To Help A Woman With Disability / Spanish Football Coach Died From Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.