Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,156 members, 7,811,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero (51213 Views)

Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Title, Defeats Vettori / Kamaru Usman Knocks Out Jorge Masvidal, Retains UFC Title (Photos, Video) / Isreal Adesanya Beats Paulo Costa To Retain UFC Middleweight Championship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by Kazeem2222(m): 8:24am On Mar 08, 2020
Nigeria's Israel Adesanyawas the main man in 248 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, fighting a dangerous-yet-aging opponent Yoel Romero where he retains UFC Middleweight Championship after beating Romero.

Initially wanted to meet Paulo Costa in the Middleweight fight, Israel wisely looked out for Romero after Costa was unavailable with a bicep injury. Yoel Romero still appears like a monster, but the thing is he has has recently dropped three of his last four fights and it is very not likely that he is the man to dethrone the Nigerian of his Middleweight Championship.

The card is filled with fights that should be entertaining, but lacks the staking power typically on display in UFC’s biggest cards. But the ultimate story will be the takeaway from the Adesanya-Romero main event, and whether the elusive Jones will be called out in the aftermath of an Adesanya victory.

Nigeria's Israel Adesanya has retained his Middleweight Championship by unanimous decision against Cuban's Yoel Romero in a massively disappointing 248 main event.

The pace was extremely not fast with little brawl. It felt as though there was just as much action in the post-fight taunting as there was in the actual fight.

It was a very slow start as the UFC fighters felt each other out, and that pace never materialized. Adesanya (19-0) didn't allowed to be pulled into the cerebral, but however unsuccessful, game plan by Romero (13-5), avoiding the big explosion and assault from Romero.

Romero expressed his frustration following the fight that Adesanya did not do enough to beat him, but he did not engage Adesanya after doing very little for the first two rounds. But Adesanya’s low kicks did damage to Romero’s right leg, factoring into the judges’ scoring in Adesanya’s favor.

After the win, Adesanya taunted Paulo Costa. Jon Jones’ name never came up during the post-fight interview in the Octagon, making Adesanya-Costa the next title fight for the Middleweight Championship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0atug3XxODY
https://abegabeg.com/israel-adesanya-retains-ufc-middleweight-championship-after-beating-romero/

45 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by DeRay98(m): 8:36am On Mar 08, 2020
What a relief for me...
I was jolted out of sleep last night when "in my dream" I saw Adesanya brutally knocked-out cold and unconscious...
I couldn't sleep afterwards and I was scared to monitor the fight... grin

145 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by Neroiam(m): 8:45am On Mar 08, 2020
This guy stubborn no be here... He dey wake up from KOs.

Congrats bro.

More wins for the Stylebender

97 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by bigt2(m): 9:37am On Mar 08, 2020
Yeah. Knew that already.

11 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by iammo(m): 9:38am On Mar 08, 2020
cool

Brave Omoluabis.. Adesanya and Anthony Joshua keep repping us

296 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by Astonpapa(m): 9:38am On Mar 08, 2020
Thank God ooooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by NOL2dworld(m): 9:38am On Mar 08, 2020
Congratulations!!! & Kudos to him.. Good one.

As Israel Adesanya retain is belt, you too can retain your stand in the Lord.. Don't give up yet, don't lose hope.. He is mighty to save.. just call on him..

We brought nothing into this world and it is certain that we take nothing out of it expect our salvation in Christ Jesus.

Is life not fair to you? Jesus Christ is the answer..

Accept Jesus Christ, surrender to him, rededicate yourself to Him and make Him your personal Lord and Saviour. Accept Him now, for next minute may be too late..
This is the time to rededicate your life to Christ.

Make this confession loudly. Father! Forgive me, I'm sorry, please help me, I love U, I need U, hold me Jesus!!!, my heart, my soul please take control of it right now. Lead me in your ways and teach me your path so I can forever abide in your words. Save me Lord, have mercy on me and forgive my sins in Jesus name. Amen

Thank U for saving me and thank U because U have deliver me from the bondage of sins, I know my sins has been forgiving, I give U all the praise in Jesus name.

If U make this confession with an open heart, your sins have been forgiving and the Lord has removed your name from the book of death to the book of life. He has giving u peace and everlasting joy. Ask continuously with faith any good thing U want the Lord to do for U with believe in Jesus name and he will answer you.

268 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by ursullalinda(f): 9:38am On Mar 08, 2020
Wow......Even with his lanky body.....congrats to him!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by julimaxy: 9:38am On Mar 08, 2020
Win win

3 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by PotatoSalad(m): 9:38am On Mar 08, 2020
Boring 5 rounds.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by SojiCash(m): 9:39am On Mar 08, 2020
I'm happy .. Omoluabi

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by Ernerstdavid55(m): 9:39am On Mar 08, 2020
grin I like the attitude from the Nigerian guy..he doesn’t look angry or worried at all.nd his friendly like he came to make peace.nice one be like him

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by Ekakamba: 9:39am On Mar 08, 2020

His entrance remind me of a blockbuster movie titled 'Cumming to Amelika'. grin tongue

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by AOB1: 9:39am On Mar 08, 2020
That's good keep it up bro cool

3 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by hope4nigeria(m): 9:39am On Mar 08, 2020
And I no get bone for body, I for go start boxing, let me stay my lane.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 08, 2020
Omo wa ni.

Congratulations Israel, omo baba Adesanya.

Keep soaring high. Ko s'ori won'be... cheesy kiss

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by NigeriaBam: 9:39am On Mar 08, 2020
grin Congratulations

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by stainlink(m): 9:40am On Mar 08, 2020
So boring.
Imagine no contact whatsoever for the first 2 minutes.

Closely contested.

This is his most non dominating first in his career and possibly of MMA

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by mungoparks: 9:40am On Mar 08, 2020
G
Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by Lexusgs430: 9:40am On Mar 08, 2020
Opponents should kuku surrender their belts..... He seems the Mike Tyson of UFC.......... cheesy

18 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by Mezux(m): 9:42am On Mar 08, 2020
Winning is always on the Nigerian mindset.. kudos bro it's in the blood.

26 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by money121(m): 9:42am On Mar 08, 2020
Kaare Omo luabi

Omo Oduduwa

Omo kaaro ojire..

Am so pride of You!!

He said leg Don't lie i fu*k up his legs...

Legend

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by Blankstare(m): 9:42am On Mar 08, 2020
Yoruba amaka....

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by sotall(m): 9:44am On Mar 08, 2020
undecided

Boring fight especially by the idiot called Yoel Romero.

He stood for more than a minute in the first round not doing anything , he was just waiting for Adesanya to make a mistake so he could punch.

Adesanya became aware of his tactics and played along by keeping distance but constant kicking.

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by Topmaike007(m): 9:45am On Mar 08, 2020
That's good, it's only him and Joshua that's still making us happy as a Nigerian

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by Openbusiness: 9:45am On Mar 08, 2020
19: 0, don't fek wiv d stylebender cool

6 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by Franking: 9:46am On Mar 08, 2020
Good one. I had no doubt whatsoever that Adesanya would win. Congrats, bro.

Meanwhile, sai baba. The whole country is now safe, our economy is booming. Our roads are top notch. Corruption is dead. Everything is sweet. Sai baba.

16 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows / Cristiano Ronaldo's Son Scores Seven Goals In Half For Juventus Youth Team(Photo / AFCON: Kei Kamara's House Almost Destroyed After Missing A Victory Penalty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.