Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,632 members, 7,813,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows (51223 Views)

Samuel Kalu Collapses On The Pitch During A Ligue 1 Match / Cristiano Ronaldo Leaves Pitch ANGRY After Disallowed Goal Vs Serbia (Photos) / Ronaldo Takes Selfie With Fan Who Stormed The Pitch During Juventus Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows by ogbiwa: 7:28am On Sep 30, 2020
Jose Mourinho will have chased after many players in his managerial career - but surely never for the reason he sprinted after Eric Dier on Tuesday.

In the 77th minute of Tottenham's Carabao Cup tie against Chelsea, with Spurs 1-0 down, defender Dier suddenly raced off the pitch and headed straight down the tunnel.

Manager Mourinho set off in hot pursuit and TV cameras inside Tottenham Hotspur Stadium showed the manager disappearing into the changing room seconds after the defender.

So what could possibly have prompted Dier to leave the field with just over 10 minutes remaining in a cup tie his team were losing?

"Everyone can imagine!" a grinning Dier said after the game.

"I am OK but that was a first for me. There was nothing I could do about it and when you've got to go, you've got to go. Some things you can't stop.

"I don't know if Jose understood what I was doing to begin with. I told Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg and Toby Alderweireld as I was going off, I simply had to go.

"I was struggling with stomach cramps, it had got too bad."

Duly relieved, Dier emerged back on to the pitch a couple of minutes later, followed by Mourinho, who was also a little less frantic.

Dier added: "Jose wasn't happy but there was nothing I could do about it, nature was calling."

Fortunately for Dier, team-mate Erik Lamela equalised with seven minutes left and his side progressed on penalties.

Dier, who missed a penalty as Spurs were knocked out by Chelsea in a shootout in the 2019 semi-finals of this competition, was the first home player to step up for the spot-kicks and he coolly converted.

'I understood what was happening - I went to try to make it happen faster' - Mourinho
The victory meant the manager was in a much better mood to talk about the toilet incident afterwards.

"What happened to Eric Dier is not normal, I have to praise him in a special way," said Mourinho.

"It should be forbidden for a player to play two games in 48 hours at this level [after he played against Newcastle on Sunday]. What he did is not human to do.

"He had to go - he had no choice. Maybe it is a normal thing when you are completely dehydrated, which is the case. I had to put pressure on him to get back but he is a great example for everybody."

Spurs played Newcastle on Sunday and Chelsea on Tuesday, but continue their arduous fixture schedule by facing Maccabi Haifa in the Europa League on Thursday followed by a trip to Manchester United on Sunday.

Mourinho said: "When Dier went off I understood immediately what was happening, I went there to try to make it happen faster, to put pressure on him.

"It is a consequence of his physical state, he had no energy in his muscles. I don't want to believe that we have another week like this one.

"If the authorities don't care about players, I care."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54349817

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows by ogbiwa: 7:28am On Sep 30, 2020
Meanwhile...

Sorry I've not been active here of late as I took out time to get married to my wife

Lalasticlala Mynd44

90 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows by Madibah(m): 7:29am On Sep 30, 2020
Madooo grin grin

Him don go chop Togo beans

130 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows by Logon59: 7:29am On Sep 30, 2020
Mourinho said he followed to help him do it faster. There are just some eccentric characters in this world grin

Contact me for your beautiful and professional architectural building designs from any location and at really decent costs. Chat or call 0816 124 7898 or see signature below for more

160 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows by Chicagoesontop: 7:32am On Sep 30, 2020
Mad oooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows by longetivity(m): 7:45am On Sep 30, 2020
He said nature is calling

6 Likes

Re: Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows by Kpomosauce: 7:52am On Sep 30, 2020
grin who no go no know. I no blame am sha e fit go think say na mess now.

The day wey this kind thing do me when i been dey travel ehn. I forget the fine babes wey sitdown near me ma once I holla driver say I couldn't wait no more make I do am for Bush. Funny enough na one of them give me bottle water to wash nyansh.

118 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows by Roon9(m): 7:54am On Sep 30, 2020
I saw him rushing down the tunnel and wondered what was up grin obviously some one was over hydrated at half time.

Good game Chelsea! We bested them for the most parts. Great goal Wernerr grin
#lampardout

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows by Aderewah: 7:54am On Sep 30, 2020
Lol. Unrelated, I want to call.out the hypocrisy of Righteousness89. He was on a group, with the stand that a 26 or 34 year old man can be beaten by his father. In this process, he insults, disrespects and disregards countering opinions. He's the quintessential Nigerian Christian. Seeing evil in everyone but themselves. A prostitute will probably make heaven before such people. And he should know his actions there will convince more people to look critically at religion, despite his family ramblings.

To the people supporting this psychotic person, I say well done o. Keep propping up a dysfunctional and obsessed person using religion to cover their bigotry.

91 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows by kambili999(f): 7:54am On Sep 30, 2020
Lol. When nature calls, we must answer grin

3 Likes

Re: Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows by Amotekun777: 7:54am On Sep 30, 2020
Nobody fit disobey nature! cool

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows by directonpc(m): 7:55am On Sep 30, 2020
COVID?
Re: Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows by GOFRONT(m): 7:55am On Sep 30, 2020
That is why it's not ok to patronize a restaurant or an eatery.......Homemade food is the Koko.....

Eric Dier's case reminds of a story @Lefulefu told me on the other thread about his friend who barged into his apartment, he needed to use lefulefu's restroom cos he became badly pressed soon as he stepped out of an eatery....

Lefulefu

7 Likes

Re: Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows by oluwaseyi0: 7:58am On Sep 30, 2020
Aderewah:
Lol. Unrelated, I want to call.out the hypocrisy of Righteousness89. He was on a group, with the stand that a 26 or 34 year old man can be beaten by his father. In this process, he insults, disrespects and disregards countering opinions. He's the quintessential Nigerian Christian. Seeing evil in everyone but themselves. A prostitute will probably make heaven before such people. And he should know his actions there will convince more people to look critically at religion, despite his family ramblings.

To the people supporting this psychotic person, I say well done o. Keep propping up a dysfunctional and obsessed person using religion to cover their bigotry.

I'm very glad you raised this issue, I was taken completely aback by his comment, people like him will probably see nothing wrong in a man bathing for his 20 year old daughter or beating his 26year son/daughter in the name of discipline, they don't agree it's domestic violence

so many pyschopath in this part of the word
Logon59:
Mourinho said he followed to help him do it faster. There are just some eccentric characters in this world grin

back to the matter
Jose Mourinho is a full-time clown

Love or hate him he's got charisma and comedy in him

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows by Reference(m): 7:58am On Sep 30, 2020
Arghh...hope he flushed down the 'explosive residue".

4 Likes

Re: Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows by Noblejay7: 7:58am On Sep 30, 2020
Dddd
Re: Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows by enshi(m): 7:58am On Sep 30, 2020
Serious sign of infection.. You can't be hyper active and be pressed ... Your system has been compromised

23 Likes

Re: Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows by robosky02(m): 7:59am On Sep 30, 2020
Shiiit
Re: Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows by sirchrislatestn(m): 8:00am On Sep 30, 2020
see oyibo man pikin wey no want take risk for him mind him go dey talk say this life I can't kill myself
Re: Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows by majamajic(m): 8:00am On Sep 30, 2020
Running stomach
Re: Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows by ayusco85(m): 8:00am On Sep 30, 2020
The only thing that can make a northern king or emir get down from his horse during a Durbar is the urge to urinate.
Nature always wins

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows by Kingluqman(m): 8:01am On Sep 30, 2020
I swear the thing surprise me when Mourinho Dey vex go inside the tunnel grin

6 Likes

Re: Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows by AbuAeesha: 8:01am On Sep 30, 2020
funny part is when the coach had to follow him to make it faster,lolz

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows by AbuAeesha: 8:01am On Sep 30, 2020
funny part is when the coach had to follow him to make it faster,lolz.

1 Like

Re: Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows by omowolewa: 8:01am On Sep 30, 2020
The thing hold am
Re: Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows by DarkJeddi(m): 8:02am On Sep 30, 2020
Re: Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows by superfitsez(m): 8:02am On Sep 30, 2020
the way the guy was running ehh,the shittttt wan commot en boxer,I really felt for dier,,,,

if shiiittt don do you something before ehh, you go know say him no wan send Wetin officials go talk

11 Likes

Re: Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows by notoriousbabe: 8:03am On Sep 30, 2020
GOFRONT:
That is why it's not ok to patronize a restaurant or eatery.......Homemade food is the Koko..
as if those that eat homemade food do not use washrooms. Rubbish talk.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows by FANE4Naija: 8:03am On Sep 30, 2020
Wow. First time I'm hearing of a player doing this. I've always wondered what will happen if a player has to go

21 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo's Son Scores Seven Goals In Half For Juventus Youth Team(Photo / AFCON: Kei Kamara's House Almost Destroyed After Missing A Victory Penalty / Chukwuma Nwaoha Is Sick, Has Liver Disease, On The Verge Of Dying (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.