Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Update From NCDC On Coronavirus In Nigeria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Update From NCDC On Coronavirus In Nigeria (1159 Views)

Covid-19 Tips/Updates From NCDC / Covid-19: Who Else Got This Messages From NCDC / Ekiti Government Speaks On Coronavirus In The State As American Man Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update From NCDC On Coronavirus In Nigeria by tunene66: 5:36pm On Mar 08, 2020
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) says 23 suspected cases of coronavirus have been identified in Edo, Lagos, Ogun, FCT and Kano states.

Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC director-general, disclosed this on Sunday, in Abuja.

He said besides the index case recorded in Lagos, there is no new confirmed case of the virus in the country.

Ihekweazu said a total of 219 contacts of the index case were identified, including contacts from hotel, workplace and hospital.

“No new contacts have been reported in Lagos and Ogun states,” he said.

He said the confirmed case is clinically stable at the designated treatment facility for the virus at the infectious disease hospital (IDH) in Yaba, Lagos.

He reiterated that a multi-sectoral national emergency operations centre (EOC) activated at level three had continued to coordinate the national response activities led by NCDC.

He said field investigations were ongoing and all contacts were undergoing daily symptom monitoring.

He said there was also a centralised follow-up of persons of interests (POIs) initiated for people outside Lagos and Ogun states.

“Testing of samples collected through the national influenza sentinel surveillance system as part of enhanced surveillance is ongoing,” he said.

“A draft tool for tracking and monitoring HCW infection has been developed.”

Ihekweazu said resources on the virus have also been developed by NCDC for guidance of schools, infection prevention and control recommendations for health workers.

https://www.ncdc.gov.ng/diseases/sitreps/?cat=14&name=An%20update%20of%20COVID-19%20outbreak%20in%20Nigeria

Re: Update From NCDC On Coronavirus In Nigeria by Witcher(f): 5:42pm On Mar 08, 2020
Alright
Re: Update From NCDC On Coronavirus In Nigeria by Mihzwhitesutana(f): 5:47pm On Mar 08, 2020
Well since the Italian has recovered and is eating hot amala, we can only hope Nigeria will record no casualties leading to death.
I watch the international news Daily and I can tell the virus is terrible. But nonetheless God will keep us safe through this travails.

I pray Monday starts for us all on a good note. Please I need a job too no matter the distance. I am tired of being stranded, unemployed and broke.
Re: Update From NCDC On Coronavirus In Nigeria by brodalikeme(m): 5:47pm On Mar 08, 2020
I don’t understand. 23 suspected cases identified in different part of the country. 1) Does it mean there is a spread? 2) Have more people brought in the various into the country?

This information will sure create panic when you realize that your state is on that list
Re: Update From NCDC On Coronavirus In Nigeria by vastolord4(m): 5:58pm On Mar 08, 2020
I don't think there was any case of the virus in Nigeria and I pray It doesn't really get into Nigeria cos all the doctors would go on strike if it really happens as per excuse to run. that doctor was forming 3 meters without nose mask

2 Likes

Re: Update From NCDC On Coronavirus In Nigeria by EliteDude(m): 6:23pm On Mar 08, 2020
Mihzwhitesutana:
Well since the Italian has recovered and is eating hot amala, we can only hope Nigeria will record no casualties leading to death.
I watch the international news Daily and I can tell the virus is terrible. But nonetheless God will keep us safe through this travails.

I pray Monday starts for us all on a good note. Please I need a job too no matter the distance. I am tired of being stranded, unemployed and broke.

Folllow @ Intelligentdude, he posts job updates
Re: Update From NCDC On Coronavirus In Nigeria by Mihzwhitesutana(f): 6:48pm On Mar 08, 2020
EliteDude:

Folllow @ Intelligentdude, he posts job updates
Thanks sir
Re: Update From NCDC On Coronavirus In Nigeria by EliteDude(m): 6:52pm On Mar 08, 2020
Mihzwhitesutana:
Thanks sir

GoodLuck...
You are a recent graduate?
Re: Update From NCDC On Coronavirus In Nigeria by Mihzwhitesutana(f): 7:12pm On Mar 08, 2020
EliteDude:

GoodLuck...
You are a recent graduate?
Re: Update From NCDC On Coronavirus In Nigeria by EliteDude(m): 7:21pm On Mar 08, 2020
Mihzwhitesutana:

All the best,
It will end in Praise, keep pressing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update From NCDC On Coronavirus In Nigeria by CYBERWEAVER(m): 7:09am On Mar 09, 2020
NCDC are all scam

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Covid19 Has Shown That Our Education Is Useless In Nigeria- Wike / Pay Death Benefits, Salary Arrears, NARD Tells FG / How To Increase Your Blood In 4 Minutes Without Going To The Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.